Forums

Topic: Where can sales go from here? (3.91 million)

Posts 1 to 20 of 40

JetForceSetGrind

Untitled

^quick graph I put together, pretty self-explanatory.

3.91 million is needless to say...grim. I'm hoping the Wii U hits at least Gamecube numbers though and Nintendo fights back with a hardware-competitive system with a traditional controller.

Note: Wii numbers are not final, the system hit 100 million earlier this year and might end up a million or so over. We don't know the final numbers yet but it's ballpark 100 million.

Edited on by JetForceSetGrind

JetForceSetGrind

MAB

3.92 million

MAB

PokeTune

Well once you're at rock bottom, nowhere else left to go but up.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/CrossFactorComms/about
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX
Xbox Gamertag: DarkGameMasterX

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Mirror's Edge 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rare Replay
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

triforcepower73

I thought the Gamecube was somewhere around 31 million or something like that.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

GuSolarFlare

edit this site's forum formating doesn't allow me to draw a graphic using characters

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

MrGawain

I will be somewhat curious to see if the PS4 and Xbox One will sell 10m in the first year, or if they suffer a familiar fate as the Wii U due to the delays, questions on specifications, the fact people don't have big piles of cash to throw at black plastic boxes these days, and the fact they're still competing against a generation of the 3 of the most popular consoles ever.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

ThePirateCaptain

@Triforcepower
The Gamecube sold 22 million in it's lifetime.

I think next year is going to tell a lot about where the Wii U is going, so I'll reserve my thoughts until then.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

kkslider5552000

I'd take a guess it'll be anywhere between the SNES and N64 numbers. Well closer to the NES or even Wii for actual units sold because gaming is much more popular and there's more people to buy consoles of course.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Phatosaurus

Backwards.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

PloXyZeRO

I think the sales may eventually go back down to 2 million

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

JetForceSetGrind

Gioku wrote:

It'll go up by at least one, because I plan on buying one...

DO ITTTTT!

JetForceSetGrind

tebunker

well we know that NA alone had over 300k in October based on safe estimates, so that helps, but it isn't incredible the system needs to sell 2 to 3 million this holiday season

tebunker

CaviarMeths

I've got this figured out.

Every bundle they design appeals to, well, someone, right? It's gotta! There's no such thing as a game that literally nobody wants. As evidence, I submit the fact that Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing was a commercial success.

So it's simple, really. If they want to sell 100 million consoles, all they must do is design 100 million different bundles. Online communities would be roaring in approval. Sony and Microsoft would applaud and bow out of the competition, liquidating all of their assets. Nintendo would be the first recipient of the Nobel Prize in Marketing Genius.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

MAB

Untitled

MAB

CaviarMeths

I watched this for like 2 minutes and still can't figure out what kind of game they're playing. Are they... are they using the force?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

MAB

CaviarMeths wrote:

I watched this for like 2 minutes and still can't figure out what kind of game they're playing. Are they... are they using the force?

I don't know for sure... But one thing I do know is I'm glad I have never had the urge to by a Xbox + Kinect to ever find out what they're playing

MAB

Kuksenkov

Ummm up I guess?

Jokes aside, I have a feeling that Wii U might reach at least 5 million by the end of the year, which is cool in my book. If you consider the fact that there's some problems with marketing, tons of competition, lack of money everywhere etc... Then it does kind of makes sense that sales are lower than expected,

Edited on by Kuksenkov

Avid collector of Japanese music/films/videogames physical releases.

www.shadycandyshop.blogspot.com

Twitter:

NintendoLink

They have maybe sold 3,91 million units to stores, but only 460 000 units has been sold to customers total. Thats before the Zelda Wii U edition ofcourse.
And the amount of Wii Us being sold on the used market is not so very small either..
Even here in little Norway, used Wii Us are popping up everyday.

Wii U Mario Kart bundle - Mario kart 8, Monster hunter 3, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze
Wii U Nintendo ID - pockyNNrocky - ADD ME ! :)

3DS Friend Code: 0662-3551-3737 | Nintendo Network ID: POCKYnROCKY

bail

well overall they screwed up the launch but selled 3 millions anyway thanks to the name nintendo.
ps3 and xbox360 didn't have better sales in the first 4-6 months, so i'm not that worried.

the new bundles, sm3dw and maybe wii fit/party/sports will help holiday sales. i guess they won't reach their expectations of 9million units by the end of the fiscal year, but after mk8 and ssb4 the numbers should be acceptable. my guess is more sales than the gamecube by the time when the new zelda will be released.

but i'm kind of biased regarding the success of the wii u. on the one hand i want nintendo to make a profit, they make great games and deserve credit for that. on the other hand they probably won't learn anything (again) if the sales pick up. and then we will get something like glasses for their next console, because they think gimmicks are the way to go...

Gaming Appreciation.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.