Wii U Forum

Topic: When is the second Wii U Gamepad going to hit the market

Showing 1 to 20 of 29

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beevdog

1. Posted:

There were promises that the Wii U could support two Wii U game pads per console, now this would be cool. Aren't they releasing this second Wii U gamepad? Aren't they developing Nintendo games to encourage this feature?

If you break your Wii U gamepad you break your console and instead of having to replace the whole console, going down to your local store to get another Wii U gamepad would save a lot of time and pain would it not?

Two Wii U gamepads on the Wii U playing Call Of Duty Ghosts and not being able to see the other persons screen is a major first.

Beevdog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperJoon

2. Posted:

They havent said anything about it for ages! Hoping its supported in time for Mario Kart 8!

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

3. Posted:

I don't think we'll see it for quite a while. It's most likely not a profit deal right now.

Once the install base for the WiIU is bigger and the production of the GamePad is cheaper it might happen.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DePapier

4. Posted:

It was something third-parties begged Nintendo for, not a Nintendo initiative. I don't think we'll see it until third-parties beg for it again and that's definitely not something they're doing right now.

Edited on by DePapier

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DePapier

5. Posted:

Beevdog wrote:

There were promises that the Wii U could support two Wii U game pads per console, now this would be cool. Aren't they releasing this second Wii U gamepad? Aren't they developing Nintendo games to encourage this feature?

If you break your Wii U gamepad you break your console and instead of having to replace the whole console, going down to your local store to get another Wii U gamepad would save a lot of time and pain would it not?

Two Wii U gamepads on the Wii U playing Call Of Duty Ghosts and not being able to see the other persons screen is a major first.

On point 2: You do everything on the Wii U without the GamePad. A few people on Miiverse send their GamePad back for repair, not their Wii U. If I recall well, none of them had irreversible issues.

On point 3: Did this with a friend of mine of BLOPS2, I was with the Wiimote on TV and he was on the GamePad Xbox360-style. Just like for Metroid Blast in NintendoLand, one GamePad is suited to that purpose.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beevdog

6. Posted:

DePapier wrote:

Beevdog wrote:

There were promises that the Wii U could support two Wii U game pads per console, now this would be cool. Aren't they releasing this second Wii U gamepad? Aren't they developing Nintendo games to encourage this feature?

If you break your Wii U gamepad you break your console and instead of having to replace the whole console, going down to your local store to get another Wii U gamepad would save a lot of time and pain would it not?

Two Wii U gamepads on the Wii U playing Call Of Duty Ghosts and not being able to see the other persons screen is a major first.

On point 2: You do everything on the Wii U without the GamePad. A few people on Miiverse send their GamePad back for repair, not their Wii U. If I recall well, none of them had irreversible issues.

On point 3: Did this with a friend of mine of BLOPS2, I was with the Wiimote on TV and he was on the GamePad Xbox360-style. Just like for Metroid Blast in NintendoLand, one GamePad is suited to that purpose.

I'm sorry but that COD experience isn't quite the same without another gamepad.

When my mate when to Game to buy a Wii U they charged them an extra £60 which they thought they should have paid because for a 2 year gurantee just in case there son dropped the Wii U gamepad they said they would have to replace the whole console free of chagre.

If they just sold a second Wii U gamepad, we could just replace it with another at the shop instead of sat sending broken consoles to Nintendo.

Beevdog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

7. Posted:

While it'll be great if they offer the second gamepad, I don't get "what if it breaks" argument. Surely, if you buy a smartphone or a tablet or a laptop and it drops or breaks then you're screwed too. Same for the 3DS etc.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beevdog

8. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

While it'll be great if they offer the second gamepad, I don't get "what if it breaks" argument. Surely, if you buy a smartphone or a tablet or a laptop and it drops or breaks then you're screwed too. Same for the 3DS etc.

Good point, however I'm comparing to other home consoles if your broke your PS3 controller you wouldn't have to replace the PS3, you'd just go out and buy another PS3 controller. Where are with the Wii U you've lost all your game content because the whole console is broken if the Wii U gamepad takes a dive off a cliff.

Beevdog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DePapier

9. Posted:

Beevdog wrote:

dumedum wrote:

While it'll be great if they offer the second gamepad, I don't get "what if it breaks" argument. Surely, if you buy a smartphone or a tablet or a laptop and it drops or breaks then you're screwed too. Same for the 3DS etc.

Good point, however I'm comparing to other home consoles if your broke your PS3 controller you wouldn't have to replace the PS3, you'd just go out and buy another PS3 controller. Where are with the Wii U you've lost all your game content because the whole console is broken if the Wii U gamepad takes a dive off a cliff.

Again, that's absolutely wrong. You can use your Wii U and your Wii U content without the GamePad. Nintendo can transfer your data onto another Wii U, but you HAVE to ask Nintendo. And you should be aware the GamePad is REALLY strong.

If you're somehow trying to tell me that I didn't have fun 1vs1 against my friend on Call of Duty on the guise that we should have had 2 GamePads, I'm sorry but, play the game that way first before, play Metroid Blast that way, and tell me from experience that this is not a sufficient and awesome feature.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

10. Posted:

Well you can play some of the games with the Pro controller, right?.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DePapier

11. Posted:

I can understand to some extent that gamers have a tendency to proclaim things to be facts when they haven't even experienced them, but I do believe it has some limits. If you don't want to see Nintendo to have your Nintendo stuff taken care of the way they should be taken care of, accepted the consequences and STOP blaming Nintendo for not doing what THEY actually do!!

For real, I see it in every thread as if it's true: IF YOUR GAMEPAD BREAKS, USE YOUR WIIMOTE, USE YOUR PRO CONTROLLER. Send your GamePad to Nintendo, they'll fix it or trade it for you. If your Wii U (or 3DS) breaks, CONTACT NINTENDO to ensure the rights to download your games are switched onto your new platform!!! Guess what, you might even be able to take back your save files!!!

I can't believe this GamePad breaks-Wii U breaks myth persists, folks, please, educate yourself!!!

Edited on by DePapier

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

12. Posted:

Those GamePads also are more expensive than other controllers. It'd be cheaper to repair them.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrBlutzIII

13. Posted:

Personally a lot of games I would like to play with the pro controller. Having 2 supported gamepads would be cool though.

Cool, Casual, Gamer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

14. Posted:

When Nintendo can come up with compelling experiences for how to use the Gamepad and get the latency right. Not having shown how one gamepad is that beneficial i'm not sure where going to see two games till next holiday season.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beevdog

15. Posted:

DePapier wrote:

I can understand to some extent that gamers have a tendency to proclaim things to be facts when they haven't even experienced them, but I do believe it has some limits. If you don't want to see Nintendo to have your Nintendo stuff taken care of the way they should be taken care of, accepted the consequences and STOP blaming Nintendo for not doing what THEY actually do!!

For real, I see it in every thread as if it's true: IF YOUR GAMEPAD BREAKS, USE YOUR WIIMOTE, USE YOUR PRO CONTROLLER. Send your GamePad to Nintendo, they'll fix it or trade it for you. If your Wii U (or 3DS) breaks, CONTACT NINTENDO to ensure the rights to download your games are switched onto your new platform!!! Guess what, you might even be able to take back your save files!!!

I can't believe this GamePad breaks-Wii U breaks myth persists, folks, please, educate yourself!!!

If you have an online user account then you have to sign in using the Wii U gamepad and the tv screen tells you to look at the Wii U gamepad so if you can't log in without the Wii U gamepad then how can you use the Wii Remote or pro controller?????????

I never stated I didn't want Nintendo to look after my console, I said it would be easier just to buy another Wii U Gamepad from the shop.

Beevdog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Drawdler

16. Posted:

I just think it isn't nessicary right now... I'm also wondering why they kept quiet, though, they should have just mentioned it in ND.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pntjr

17. Posted:

Why would we need one? We have a pro controller.... All that is needed is ZL/ZR Analog triggers like the PS3 and Xbox 360.

I don't see a second gamepad being used in games.....

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

18. Posted:

pntjr wrote:

Why would we need one? We have a pro controller.... All that is needed is ZL/ZR Analog triggers like the PS3 and Xbox 360.

I don't see a second gamepad being used in games.....

Two people being able to use touch screens or off screen play?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

19. Posted:

The system has enough problems selling right now, I don't think Nintendo is focusing much on how to sell you an expensive 2nd gamepad that will likely be used as rarely as Wiimotion plus.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

uptownsoul

20. Posted:

Sorry, as a person not as Nintendo knowledgeable as most, is the gamepad a big deal to the Wii U, or not?  I mean if it's revolutionary then nintendo, I believe, would do a service in offering the ability to purchase a stand alone gamepad.  For those who broke theirs or those worried about breaking theirs to keep playing with this game revolutionizing tech.

Or is the gamepad a nice addition to games that enhance the games, but really aren't a huge deal.  Hench the aforementioned, 'pick a different controller & keep on gaming'?

uptownsoul