Forums

Topic: What's up with Nintendo and 3rd parties?

Posts 61 to 80 of 80

SomeBitTripFan

PopetheRevXXVII wrote:

I'm tired of seeing Mario. Remember when a new Mario game was a big deal? Now it's OH ANOTHER Mario game.

I want you to tell me this, how many of these Mario games are exactly alike? I agree Mario is an all too familiar face, but would Mario Kart or other high selling Mario spinoffs sell half as much if they stared someone else? Brand recognition is a powerful tool, and one that would be foolish to not use.

PopetheRevXXVII wrote:

Zelda games are less frequent but how much more can you really do with Link? SO what does Miyamoto do? REMAKE WINDWAKER and just like with the Gamecube everyone wants the link in the Tech Demo...we get toon Link.

I can hardly even make out half of what you're saying here. It sounds like mindless rant babble.The reason they're remaking The Wind Waker is to:

A) Experiment with the art style for future Zelda games.

B) Gain experience in HD development.

C) Build up the Wii U's library of games to stir up interest in the console.

D) Do the above three at a cheaper cost.

E) Appease Zelda fans while waiting for a new Zelda game.

F) Make money to be put toward the next Zelda game.

G) Build up the Wii U's library of games to stir up interest in the console.

Sounds like a smart move to me, even if I don't agree with it fully. Also, what's wrong with Toon Link? Does he make the game bad? Should they just insert OoT Link's character model in the game so it will get a 9/10 instead of a 7/10? And, heck, use MM Tingle for that matter.

PopetheRevXXVII wrote:

I know Nintendo aren't really story tellers infact stupid Nintendo thinking is keeping the new Smash Brothers from having anything that even Resembles a Story. But I hope the New Ip tells some kind of story along with new/different gameplay experiences. The Last of Us set the bar REALLY REALLY REALLY High in terms of combining story with Gameplay if Nintendo wants to get in favor with older gamers like me again people who grew up with them but moved on to different brands after the SNES they should thinking about doing something that both plays well in the beloved Nintendo style, and combining it with an amazing story that maybe Nintendo isn't so well known for telling.

I loved the story in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Captain Falcon's internal conflict in determining whether or not using the Falcon Punch to destroy that giant R.O.B. at the cost of so many Pikmin lives was so touching I almost cried. Stories are not necessary in all games. If it's there and good, great! If it isn't, fine by me. I'll play a JRPG, watch a movie, or read a book.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

PopetheRevXXVII

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

PopetheRevXXVII wrote:

I'm tired of seeing Mario. Remember when a new Mario game was a big deal? Now it's OH ANOTHER Mario game.

I want you to tell me this, how many of these Mario games are exactly alike? I agree Mario is an all too familiar face, but would Mario Kart or other high selling Mario spinoffs sell half as much if they stared someone else? Brand recognition is a powerful tool, and one that would be foolish to not use.

I think Kotaku posted a video that sums up my feelings quite well. http://kotaku.com/mario-needs-to-stop-dwelling-on-the-past-87...

PopetheRevXXVII

moomoo

I actually agree with @PopetheRevXXVII on the Mario comment. As of late, the Mario games have been lacking in "wow" factor. I want another jump, like World to 64 or Sunshine to Galaxy. Something remarkable, and different. Something I could never come up with based on past experiences.

It's not that I hate the new Mario games, it's that I don't love them like before. They don't feel special anymore. Granted, I'll still probably get 3D World, but I don't think it'll be one of those games I just adore like Mario Galaxy. And I doubt it'll get the kind of critical acclaim Galaxy got, either.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

SomeBitTripFan

@PopetheRevXXVII : What a fantastic opinionated monologue. It spoke to me. But, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Remember, one Mario game is always someones first.

I don't support the idea of Mario being used as much as he is, I share some of the same feelings about his overuse, but even still, what's wrong with using Mario? The games still sell, so why stop making them? It's called smart business. Sell what people will buy. Activision does it with Call of Duty, albeit worse. It could very well stagnate the industry if abused, but it works. If anything Nintendo does it very well. There has been one New Super Mario Bros per console versus yearly rehashes of other franchises. The only reason people complain about Nintendo is because they have been in the industry for longer. Do I wish the main Mario franchise would find a way to become fresh again? Yes I honestly do, but, it's a plague to the entire video game industry. No company is innocent.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

PopetheRevXXVII

A Mario game should be special, not a cheap cash grab and not a recycling of ideas People Only keep buying Call of Duty because all their friends do. I stopped playing Call of Duty when it when Annual same with Assassin's Creed. Now Mario has that same Burnout those franchises had. Disney put Mickey Mouse to rest for a few decades for a reason.

PopetheRevXXVII

swordx

PopetheRevXXVII wrote:

A Mario game should be special, not a cheap cash grab and not a recycling of ideas People Only keep buying Call of Duty because all their friends do. I stopped playing Call of Duty when it when Annual same with Assassin's Creed. Now Mario has that same Burnout those franchises had. Disney put Mickey Mouse to rest for a few decades for a reason.

Let's be fair here. Assassin's Creed still has effort put into it, despite it's annual release. Although I agree entirely about COD. People only buy it because of their friends.

You need to think about games in terms of gameplay nd quality, not characters

swordx

PopetheRevXXVII

As many terrible games as he's been in, I'm not sick of Sonic infact Generations left me wanting more and for better or worse sonic changes up the gameplay enough for better or worse. Mario, not so much I get bored with Mario. I get REALLY bored with Mario when he keeps doing the same thing. Mega Man was the same core game but the weapons in each installment kept it fresh. I enjoyed the first new Super Mario brothers but after that it was just more of the same bringing nothing new to the table and Mario Himself just isn't that interesting. I have to imagine that Mario is all doped up on Shrooms and every game is just a bad trip he's having.

PopetheRevXXVII

GoHIsAMoron

Afternoon ladies and gents, I'd just like to bring your attention to the starter of this thread. He is a known troll and has readily admitted that he is only here to troll and frankly should be banned.

PopetheRevXXVII or "God of Hardcore" as he's known elsewhere has been run out of multiple forums, including Neo Geo and AssemblerGames (multiple times, but he keeps coming back, we really wish he wouldn't and its beyond me why he is not banned yet). God of Hardcore is a plague who emulates the games he came here to troll about and is pretty infamous for having ridiculous views, amongst those are Gumpei Yokoi being murdered by Nintendo and other outlandish bull.

You can see this thread where he readily admits he is only here to troll:http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?46846-You-wanna-know-why-people-don-t-take-nintendo-serious&p=690316&viewfull=1#post690316

We at AssemblerGames (and the few of us who had the displeasure of knowing him at NeoGeo forums) do not condone his bs and do not agree with his views. Ban him before he begins to routinely stir up trouble at this forum.

GoHIsAMoron

DePapier

GoHIsAMoron wrote:

Afternoon ladies and gents, I'd just like to bring your attention to the starter of this thread. He is a known troll and has readily admitted that he is only here to troll and frankly should be banned.

PopetheRevXXVII or "God of Hardcore" as he's known elsewhere has been run out of multiple forums, including Neo Geo and AssemblerGames (multiple times, but he keeps coming back, we really wish he wouldn't and its beyond me why he is not banned yet). God of Hardcore is a plague who emulates the games he came here to troll about and is pretty infamous for having ridiculous views, amongst those are Gumpei Yokoi being murdered by Nintendo and other outlandish bull.

You can see this thread where he readily admits he is only here to troll:http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?46846-You-wanna-know-why-people-don-t-take-nintendo-serious&p=690316&viewfull=1#post690316

We at AssemblerGames (and the few of us who had the displeasure of knowing him at NeoGeo forums) do not condone his bs and do not agree with his views. Ban him before he begins to routinely stir up trouble at this forum.

Damn, so this situation is THIS serious... Thanks for having me informed. Hopefully this isn't Miiverse where he would have already found a way to have your message deleted...

GoHIsAMoron

DePapier wrote:

GoHIsAMoron wrote:

Damn, so this situation is THIS serious... Thanks for having me informed. Hopefully this isn't Miiverse where he would have already found a way to have your message deleted...

He's just a pain and didn't like it when you guys didn't bite on his other thread. I suggest you just GIF spam any other threads he creates until he leaves, that is if you can't get him banned.

Edited on by GoHIsAMoron

GoHIsAMoron

PopetheRevXXVII

Oh so now you want to act like children? I am a well respected member of Assemlber and simply wished to get a good dialog going with Nintendo fans.

Edited on by PopetheRevXXVII

PopetheRevXXVII

PopetheRevXXVII

Up until the real troll showed up we had a good dialog going.

PopetheRevXXVII

swordx

PopetheRevXXVII wrote:

Oh so now you want to act like children? I am a well respect member of Assemlber and simply wished to get a good dialog going with Nintendo fans.

Oh just shut up already. It was obvious you were trolling before. He just confirmed it.

swordx

PopetheRevXXVII

No that person is trolling not me. The Assembler thread linked got rather insane I threw out any notion of sanity and just ran with it. But that Troll wants to use it against me.

Now can we get back to the Subject at hand while a Mod deals with the real troll.

PopetheRevXXVII

swordx

PopetheRevXXVII wrote:

No that person is trolling not me. The Assembler thread linked got rather insane I threw out any notion of sanity and just ran with it. But that Troll wants to use it against me.

Now can we get back to the Subject at hand while a Mod deals with the real troll.

I read the thread...You even said the whole purpose was to troll. Just leave.

swordx

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.