Wii U Forum

Topic: What would you expect from Kid Icarus U?

Showing 21 to 40 of 79

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

21. Posted:

I'd like a few levels of platforming, but I don't think a full Kid Icarus 2D title would work well today. The gameplay is incredibly difficult and the format will likely turn a lot of potential customers away.

Also, in terms of multiplayer:

Map selection online
Communities
Direct co-op levels
More customization

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

22. Posted:

LZCatboi wrote:

And Project Sora was disbanded btw :P

I already responded to that. Project Sora was founded for the intents of developing Kid Icarus: Uprising pretty much. That's part of the reason they only released one game.

So that point is completely irrelevant.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

23. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

LZCatboi wrote:

And Project Sora was disbanded btw :P

I already responded to that. Project Sora was founded for the intents of developing Kid Icarus: Uprising pretty much. That's part of the reason they only released one game.

So that point is completely irrelevant.

No it's not. It means we're not gonna see a sequel for a long while :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

24. Posted:

That makes you happy?

And he said someone else could do it. The 25 years part was more then likely just his joke of an estimate. The company was intended for one thing only, it barely functions as a real developer, more like a project codename.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Neoproteus

25. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

And he said someone else could do it. The 25 years part was more then likely just his joke of an estimate. The company was intended for one thing only, it barely functions as a real developer, more like a project codename.

Which makes me wonder where Project Sora got its name. Kingdom Hearts?

Neoproteus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

26. Posted:

I have mixed feelings on this topic.
While I would absolutely love more Kid Icarus, Uprising was absolutely perfect and really doesn't need a sequel.
If someone decided to make one, they would have to make sure it's somehow of the same high quality as Uprising without too many drastic changes, otherwise we're better without it.

If it happens I expect them to add duel stick and Wii remote controls, and then I expect everyone to finally realise that the touch screen controls are the perfect way to control the game and all other options just don't work as well.

Edited on by BenAV

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamecubeMan

27. Posted:

A Space Kraken

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

28. Posted:

Neoproteus wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

And he said someone else could do it. The 25 years part was more then likely just his joke of an estimate. The company was intended for one thing only, it barely functions as a real developer, more like a project codename.

Which makes me wonder where Project Sora got its name. Kingdom Hearts?

Sora means "sky"

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

29. Posted:

Like I've said before, a prequel would be better then a sequel

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

30. Posted:

It will never happen.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

31. Posted:

Knux wrote:

It will never happen.

I'm sure thats what they said about Kid Icarus actually getting a sequel.
I'd like a Kid Icarus title similar to Of Myths and Monsters. It would also be cool if it had Co-Op.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

0megapit231

32. Posted:

Multiplayer stages with a lot of secret areas with rare items to use and paths to get around the stage

0megapit231

AuthorMessage
Avatar

0megapit231

33. Posted:

Flying parts are on rail shooters and ground are action based like ninja gaiden

0megapit231

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dashtag

34. Posted:

Really, Sakurai could mess with the story and make this really interesting in some way. I'd be fine with a prequel OR sequel. Also, I'd like to point out...
Magnus is awesome, and a lot of people think so. So why not make a sidestory just for Magnus?
Honestly, I want a KI on the Wii U. Then I'm good. Sakurai or someone else can make another one whenever.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Neoproteus

35. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

Really, Sakurai could mess with the story and make this really interesting in some way. I'd be fine with a prequel OR sequel. Also, I'd like to point out...
Magnus is awesome, and a lot of people think so. So why not make a sidestory just for Magnus?
Honestly, I want a KI on the Wii U. Then I'm good. Sakurai or someone else can make another one whenever.

As long as it has a good story and refined gameplay, the next Kid Icarus will be awesome. It doesn't even need to stay in the same genre to appease fans.

Neoproteus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dashtag

36. Posted:

Neoproteus wrote:

3Dash wrote:

Really, Sakurai could mess with the story and make this really interesting in some way. I'd be fine with a prequel OR sequel. Also, I'd like to point out...
Magnus is awesome, and a lot of people think so. So why not make a sidestory just for Magnus?
Honestly, I want a KI on the Wii U. Then I'm good. Sakurai or someone else can make another one whenever.

As long as it has a good story and refined gameplay, the next Kid Icarus will be awesome. It doesn't even need to stay in the same genre to appease fans.

Yes. I want another great story, amazing HD graphics, and the same way of controlling pit, because I think the Wii U can do that.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jholdz

37. Posted:

I'm not too big on the idea of Pit returning to his 2D roots. I think that would be a step backwards.

Why do I see a lot of Nintendo fans begging Nintendo to turn their franchises into 2D platformers, Metroid, Kid Icarus etc, is it nostalgia? I geniunely would like to know.

I personally think open world is the way to go. I could imagine running & flying around in beautiful looking scenery, above the clouds, in the heavens talking to the gods, Palutena & then flying down onto the land. It would obviously need to be a bit more fleshed out than that though.

Edited on by Jholdz

Jholdz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Neoproteus

38. Posted:

Jholdz wrote:

I'm not too big on the idea of Pit returning to his 2D roots. I think that would be a step backwards.

Why do I see a lot of Nintendo fans begging Nintendo to turn their franchises into 2D platformers, Metroid, Kid Icarus etc, is it nostalgia? I geniunely would like to know.

Making a game in 2D is not just worship of the past. It's a design choice, every bit as valid as making a game have a 3D open world. In this case though, yes, it would be primarily for nostagia. I loved Kid Icarus: Uprising for its story, but something about the gameplay just felt... off. I think it's mainly due to the fact that in an action shooter, 1st person has proven to be the best perspective. Automelee when you're close doesn't feel natural, and the touch screen in combination with the left handed controls resulted in discomfort and even cramping, made worse by the need to 'smash' the stick to dodge like in ssb.

I think even if they were to go that route on the WiiU, it would not have touch screen controls, or it would not have the same dodge mechanic. Since Pit has had 3 games in 2 clearly different genres (one of which is ignored in the canon), it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him become Nintendo's experimental character, hopping from genre to genre. Maybe he'll be a racing game next, or a 3D platformer like Mario Galaxy, or an RPG, or an RTS, or a Zelda-like adventure game with angelic gadgets. It's hard to tell because he's only had one game in the last 25 years, so there's no established pattern.

Neoproteus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dashtag

39. Posted:

@Neoproteus I seriously doubt some of those, in fact most of those. We HAVE Mario Galaxy for a 3D platformer. We HAVE Mario Kart for racing. We HAVE The Legend of Zelda for Action/Adventure. I doubt he'd be put in any of those. I'd like to see Pit in the TPS again, as KIU is so much fun that way.

What I was talking about is maybe you could have the flying part like in KIU, but still choose your own weapon and have a 2D sidescroller part. Hey, maybe Sakurai could REALLY make things interesting and have alternating 2D and 3D parts. Now how cool would THAT be?

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

40. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

We HAVE Mario Kart for racing.

that didn't stop Nintendo in 2003 and we got better games than Double Dash for the effort (F Zero GX, Kirby Air Ride)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!