Forums

Topic: What would you do if [insert company here] dropped out of manufacturing gaming systems and became a third party developer? A totally mature discussion.

Posts 121 to 140 of 211

komicturtle

And SIII uses modern tech..

Also, so what if it's an industry standard? I have a feeling they want to make these phones "slippery" so they drop easy for you to buy another one. So many people drop their phones, it's rediculous. Thus, is why I like my casing on my phone. No lube or anything

And I rather have something made out of durable plastic than "gorrilla glass". Let's try for Godzilla Glass. That sounds much more durable :3

@Waltz
Hun, imma leave you be because it's a waste of time arguing with someone like you. I'll let you win this one. I can't be bothered with you, frankly

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

shingi_70

Plastic is horrrible. If you were going to be credible about an alternate to glass why not use something like polycarobonate used in the htc one x or the lumia 900.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

komicturtle

I don't think I'm wrong. Just don't want to embarrass you like I did months ago to the point you had to delete your post

I could have easily blown your points out the way, but I'll let you have this one.

Enjoy.

@Sony
Yes, because your examples and videos points to real life situations.

On-topic:

Who wants to see a Smash Bros. that crosses over with Playstation characters?
I sure do. Ratchet-Kirby would look adorable

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

Hokori

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

I don't think I'm wrong. Just don't want to embarrass you like I did months ago to the point you had to delete your post

I could have easily blown your points out the way, but I'll let you have this one.

Hehehe

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

shingi_70

You do realize the Galaxy S III uses gorilla glass right?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

komicturtle

No. I thought it was made of Koopa Shells :/

komicturtle

komicturtle

It's no fun if you ask for it.

komicturtle

Cia

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

One World One Console. We're headed towards better days...

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

One Console, One company.
No competition, little incentive.
Bad products, bad games.
Bad industry, no industry.
Better days? I think not.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

That's all a myth perpetuated by people who think a capitalist open market is a good thing. The reality is that it isn't. History has proven that 1) even when there's a monopoly there's still competition and 2) a monopoly is not an incentive for the vendor to produce poor quality goods. When poor goods are produced under a monopoly it is almost always because of other reasons. And amusingly enough, capitalism is a direct cause for low-quality goods. When corporations need to compete on price, corners are cut, and almost invariably the consumer is the one that misses out.

The real enemies of this industry are commoditisation and price deflation. Not that a single console would fix that, but there you go.

Anyway, on topic: It amuses me that people seem to think if Nintendo went third-party it would change its approach to software. Not likely.

I'd much rather see Nintendo acquired by Apple or Samsung or something and set to the task of producing exclusive content and a hardware add-on for tablet gaming.

[/div]

For once i agree with you. Even though i'd rather see Nintendo buying off Apple! (impossible idea, yes, but at least they'd have a total control over their products and company ideology). In any case, the world would be a better place with only one console in it. No more useless console wars, and everyone would get a chance to play the same games.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

skywake

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Bad products, bad games.

That's all a myth perpetuated by people who think a capitalist open market is a good thing. The reality is that it isn't. History has proven that 1) even when there's a monopoly there's still competition and 2) a monopoly is not an incentive for the vendor to produce poor quality goods. When poor goods are produced under a monopoly it is almost always because of other reasons. And amusingly enough, capitalism is a direct cause for low-quality goods. When corporations need to compete on price, corners are cut, and almost invariably the consumer is the one that misses out.

Tin foil hats are a-go. There are good reasons for monopolies in some specific scenarios and the argument about complete deregulation reducing the quality of goods is reasonable. The idea that capitalism and an open market as a general idea is not a good thing is, however, not an idea I'm going to let someone post without me mocking them. So this is me, a Green voting, gov' owned infrastructure monopoly supporting, Carbon price "lefty" person who can listen to Stereolab without his head exploding mocking this general point being made around this post here.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Chris720

If Nintendo drops out of the console making business, that'll be the day I hang up my gaming hat. You just have to have Nintendo in the world. Yes Sony and Microsoft have bigger and better console but why should I care? Look at what Nintendo has done over the years, they've made amazing games that have lasted for over 25 years, just look at The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong and Kirby... there still 8-bit but there still as fun as ever.

Sony and Microsoft just can't trump what Nintendo have done. I'm no fanboy and I love playing other systems but simply... Nintendo are the gaming kings! There is no other game developer and console manufacturer that does it like Nintendo.

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

GameLord08

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

]

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Secondly, their products are overpriced regardless if thousands or millions of people bought it.

[/div]

Nope, you're wrong. Unless you can prove using data and other relevant sources that Apple prices its products at a point where it's making more than a fair profit than you've got nothing more than an opinion there. I wouldn't try to prove me wrong either - it's months of research in that project and I already know the answer.

If I can get a tablet computer or smartphone that does the exact same thing as what any other Apple product can do, it's rather obvious that tagging on the Apple brand to any piece of hardware instantly grants it permission to be more expensive than any of its competitors - yes, it is overpriced. But overall, at the end of the day, the debate on overpriced products all boils down to opinion, and relies rather non-existantly on economic analysis; not everyone has the same pocket to offer, therefore there is no answer that is right or wrong.

But goodness, I wouldn't want to challenge the mighty WaltzElf and his tumultuous months of research in the industry that would instanty qualify my arguments void now, would I?

Edited on by GameLord08

GameLord08

Koos

Monopoly is not a bad thing if the barriers to entry to the market are low. So if Microsoft and Sony drop out of the console business, which will eventually happen, it will be just fine. Nintendo will still need to be on its toes because the next Sega might be around the corner.

Koos

shingi_70

koos wrote:

Monopoly is not a bad thing if the barriers to entry to the market are low. So if Microsoft and Sony drop out of the console business, which will eventually happen, it will be just fine. Nintendo will still need to be on its toes because the next Sega might be around the corner.

You expecr nintendo to outlast Microsoft and Sony (lulz)

WAT!

Cia

skywake wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

[/div]

Bad products, bad games.

[/div]

[/div]

Tin foil hats are a-go. There are good reasons for monopolies in some specific scenarios and the argument about complete deregulation reducing the quality of goods is reasonable. The idea that capitalism and an open market as a general idea is not a good thing is, however, not an idea I'm going to let someone post without me mocking them. So this is me, a Green voting, gov' owned infrastructure monopoly supporting, Carbon price "lefty" person who can listen to Stereolab without his head exploding mocking this general point being made around this post here.

Whoa. I'd better get out of here before this turns in to open war. I'll just leave my tin foil hat here to collect.

Cia

GameLord08

Sony_70 wrote:

koos wrote:

[/div]

And you expect anyone to take you seriously, acting all troll-like? Each individual company has their strengths and inevitable weaknesses; for all we know, any company could drop out when we least expect it. I'd go on further as to point them out, but it seems, in this case, fair thinking is your apparent weakness.

GameLord08

kyuubikid213

In an attempt to bring the discussion (that is supposed to be mature) back on topic...

If Nintendo dropped out, I would move on to the next Microsoft system, but I would still keep my Nintendo consoles. I'd be able to buy all of the gems I missed out on used from eBay and GameStop.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

theblackdragon

Sony_70 wrote:

If you can't come up with a mature response, please don't post in this thread at all. Thanks in advance!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.