Wii U Forum

Topic: What would you do if [insert company here] dropped out of manufacturing gaming systems and became a third party developer? A totally mature discussion.

Showing 121 to 140 of 217

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

121. Posted:

Yo look up gorilla glass before you started spreading BS.

And I don't see any windows laptops on the market that are reaching the resolution of the new macbooks.

One nintendo buying apple is impossible, and would you want a company with ****** Hardware as well OS desgin.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

122. Posted:

Hun, I'm not even anti-Apple. If you believe your own lies, go ahead :*

Secondly, their products are overpriced regardless if thousands or millions of people bought it. I'm pretty sure you'd be the first to say Nintendo's 3DS launch price was overpriced but had I used the "millions sold" arguement, you would dispute it regardless, huh? Just a guess, not a guarantee. Backpedal if you must. I just think it's stupid how there's no expandable memory and the fact the iPhone4 costs $650 for 8GB of memory and tech that's "outdated".

Third, you took my "car" and "t-shirt" arguement out of context and manipulated it to your liking. Clever? Nope. More like predictable. Phones are portable devices. As in, it's supposed to be taken everywhere with you. The iPhone4 and 4S' design is stupid as far as I'm concerned. Makes you wonder why other manufacturers don't make their portable products out of glass, huh? Drop your iPhone accidentally and there's a 90% chance it'll be cracked. A phones like Samsung Galaxy SIII? Haha, nope. Stupid design. Argue if you must, but I'm frankly telling like it is.

Fourth, I never said the Gov't was a business. Again, manipulate what I say and what I meant to cater to your point. And thanks for telling me things I had already known as well as not expand on the point you're trying to get at.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Moorpheel

123. Posted:

Actually, glass Is a sturdy scratch-resistant material and it's perfect for phones and similar items, specially if they use capacitive touchscreens.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

124. Posted:

That's what they tell you and want you believe.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

125. Posted:

What lies did I say. Looks up corning gorilla glass its an industry standard for Christs sake.

And you do realize the galaxy SIII is also around $650 also.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

126. Posted:

Secondly, their products are overpriced regardless if thousands or millions of people bought it.

Nope, you're wrong. Unless you can prove using data and other relevant sources that Apple prices its products at a point where it's making more than a fair profit than you've got nothing more than an opinion there. I wouldn't try to prove me wrong either - it's months of research in that project and I already know the answer.

Secondly, their products are overpriced regardless if thousands or millions of people bought it. I'm pretty sure you'd be the first to say Nintendo's 3DS launch price was overpriced but had I used the "millions sold" arguement, you would dispute it regardless, huh?

Nope. I was supportive of Nintendo's original hardware price, and I thought it was a dumb move to slash margin, let alone give away the 20 games. I've always maintained that developers and publishers should be earning more.

Third, you took my "car" and "t-shirt" arguement out of context and manipulated it to your liking.

Nope. Comparing products from completely different product categories is an utterly useless, null and void argument. A phone is not comparable in any way, shape, or form to a car or T-shirt.

For the record, cars are designed to crumble (i.e, break), in the event of an accident, because the priority is to protect the cabin. No part of the iPhone is designed to break (that's not to say it can't be broken, but it's no more fragile than a Samsung). Cars are more vulnerable to damage than phones. Even by your own ridiculous comparison you're off track.

Fourth, I never said the Gov't was a business. Again, manipulate what I say and what I meant to cater to your point. And thanks for telling me things I had already known as well as not expand on the point you're trying to get at.

If you don't think the Government is a business, then don't use it in an argument about what is and isn't a good business. Debating 101.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

127. Posted:

And SIII uses modern tech..

Also, so what if it's an industry standard? I have a feeling they want to make these phones "slippery" so they drop easy for you to buy another one. So many people drop their phones, it's rediculous. Thus, is why I like my casing on my phone. No lube or anything :*

And I rather have something made out of durable plastic than "gorrilla glass". Let's try for Godzilla Glass. That sounds much more durable :3

@Waltz
Hun, imma leave you be because it's a waste of time arguing with someone like you. I'll let you win this one. I can't be bothered with you, frankly :*

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

128. Posted:

Hun, imma leave you be because it's a waste of time arguing with someone like you. I'll let you win this one. I can't be bothered with you, frankly

Yeah being right does tend to irritate the people who are wrong.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Moorpheel

129. Posted:

Wth slippery phones. This thread became so bizarre all of a sudden.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

130. Posted:

Plastic is horrrible. If you were going to be credible about an alternate to glass why not use something like polycarobonate used in the htc one x or the lumia 900.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

131. Posted:

I don't think I'm wrong. Just don't want to embarrass you like I did months ago to the point you had to delete your post :*

I could have easily blown your points out the way, but I'll let you have this one.

Enjoy.

@Sony
Yes, because your examples and videos points to real life situations.

On-topic:

Who wants to see a Smash Bros. that crosses over with Playstation characters?
I sure do. Ratchet-Kirby would look adorable :O

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

132. Posted:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

I don't think I'm wrong. Just don't want to embarrass you like I did months ago to the point you had to delete your post :*

I could have easily blown your points out the way, but I'll let you have this one.

Hehehe :)

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

133. Posted:

You do realize the Galaxy S III uses gorilla glass right?

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

134. Posted:

No. I thought it was made of Koopa Shells :/

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

135. Posted:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

I don't think I'm wrong. Just don't want to embarrass you like I did months ago to the point you had to delete your post :*

I could have easily blown your points out the way, but I'll let you have this one.

Enjoy.

Naw. Go on. I'm more than happy to be embarrassed. :)

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

136. Posted:

It's no fun if you ask for it. :(

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Faron

137. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

One World One Console. We're headed towards better days...

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

One Console, One company.
No competition, little incentive.
Bad products, bad games.
Bad industry, no industry.
Better days? I think not.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

That's all a myth perpetuated by people who think a capitalist open market is a good thing. The reality is that it isn't. History has proven that 1) even when there's a monopoly there's still competition and 2) a monopoly is not an incentive for the vendor to produce poor quality goods. When poor goods are produced under a monopoly it is almost always because of other reasons. And amusingly enough, capitalism is a direct cause for low-quality goods. When corporations need to compete on price, corners are cut, and almost invariably the consumer is the one that misses out.

The real enemies of this industry are commoditisation and price deflation. Not that a single console would fix that, but there you go.

Anyway, on topic: It amuses me that people seem to think if Nintendo went third-party it would change its approach to software. Not likely.

I'd much rather see Nintendo acquired by Apple or Samsung or something and set to the task of producing exclusive content and a hardware add-on for tablet gaming.

[/div]

For once i agree with you. Even though i'd rather see Nintendo buying off Apple! (impossible idea, yes, but at least they'd have a total control over their products and company ideology). In any case, the world would be a better place with only one console in it. No more useless console wars, and everyone would get a chance to play the same games.

Edited on by Faron

Faron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

138. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

One World One Console. We're headed towards better days...

One Console, One company.
No competition, little incentive.
Bad products, bad games.
Bad industry, no industry.
Better days? I think not.

That's all a myth perpetuated by people who think a capitalist open market is a good thing. The reality is that it isn't. History has proven that 1) even when there's a monopoly there's still competition and 2) a monopoly is not an incentive for the vendor to produce poor quality goods. When poor goods are produced under a monopoly it is almost always because of other reasons. And amusingly enough, capitalism is a direct cause for low-quality goods. When corporations need to compete on price, corners are cut, and almost invariably the consumer is the one that misses out.

Tin foil hats are a-go. There are good reasons for monopolies in some specific scenarios and the argument about complete deregulation reducing the quality of goods is reasonable. The idea that capitalism and an open market as a general idea is not a good thing is, however, not an idea I'm going to let someone post without me mocking them. So this is me, a Green voting, gov' owned infrastructure monopoly supporting, Carbon price "lefty" person who can listen to Stereolab without his head exploding mocking this general point being made around this post here.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

139. Posted:

If Nintendo drops out of the console making business, that'll be the day I hang up my gaming hat. You just have to have Nintendo in the world. Yes Sony and Microsoft have bigger and better console but why should I care? Look at what Nintendo has done over the years, they've made amazing games that have lasted for over 25 years, just look at The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong and Kirby... there still 8-bit but there still as fun as ever.

Sony and Microsoft just can't trump what Nintendo have done. I'm no fanboy and I love playing other systems but simply... Nintendo are the gaming kings! There is no other game developer and console manufacturer that does it like Nintendo.

Edited on by Chris720

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

140. Posted:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

]

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Secondly, their products are overpriced regardless if thousands or millions of people bought it.

[/div]

Nope, you're wrong. Unless you can prove using data and other relevant sources that Apple prices its products at a point where it's making more than a fair profit than you've got nothing more than an opinion there. I wouldn't try to prove me wrong either - it's months of research in that project and I already know the answer.

If I can get a tablet computer or smartphone that does the exact same thing as what any other Apple product can do, it's rather obvious that tagging on the Apple brand to any piece of hardware instantly grants it permission to be more expensive than any of its competitors - yes, it is overpriced. But overall, at the end of the day, the debate on overpriced products all boils down to opinion, and relies rather non-existantly on economic analysis; not everyone has the same pocket to offer, therefore there is no answer that is right or wrong.

But goodness, I wouldn't want to challenge the mighty WaltzElf and his tumultuous months of research in the industry that would instanty qualify my arguments void now, would I?

Edited on by GameLord08

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf