Forums

Topic: What would the female answer to "Call of Duty" be?

Posts 41 to 60 of 63

OptometristLime

Gartcat wrote:

OptometristLime wrote:

Gartcat wrote:

BadKitty wrote:

Games do not belong to any gender, it's for everyone and anyone to play them.
The only reason girls keep there gaming a secret is because most guys gamers are creeps.

LOL, because guys aren't used to it. Also, I don't know if you're a female or not, but if you have a sexy anime girl as your avatar and a name like "Bad Kitty", you're going to attract some pervs.

This is the wrong way to address some constructive input from a fellow game enthusiast; seeking to pigeon hole both gender and name into some kind of free pass to belittle? Frankly your tone is despicable and undermines this "discussion" of yours.

I'm sorry, but saying "most guys gamers are creeps" isn't even close to constructive. Try again.

You don't have to identify with the male creeps, by taking the criticism personally. My (male) gender doesn't preclude me from observing the human condition, there's no question that crude words and insults fly from the tongues of belligerent Call of Booty gamers; a female attempting to mind her own business amidst that roguish company is likely to attract unwelcome attention.

And still that wasn't even the main takeaway from BadKitty's post, which was in fact an attempt to dismiss the perception of gaming as a masculine or feminine pursuit. From all this off topic discourse we can conclude that the issues surrounding a fair and equal treatment of the sexes in games, will require more maturity than some people realize.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Klimbatize

Creeper wrote:

Perhaps you aren't aware of this, but Kitty is a slang term for vagina...

Ohhhhh, so that's what her name means? I would have approached things so differently had I known.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Jaz007

I think virtually every word has a dirty meaning or spin on it these days. Some are just more prevalent than others.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

GuSolarFlare

Jaz007 wrote:

I think virtually every word has a dirty meaning or spin on it these days. Some are just more prevalent than others.

yup no matter what you say there will always be someone capable of finding a dirty meaning for your words, that is, as long as they want to find a dirty meaning.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

GuSolarFlare

Moorpheel wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I think virtually every word has a dirty meaning or spin on it these days. Some are just more prevalent than others.

<giggle> you said the <insert any letter> word.

and that's just the family friendly version of the situation! XD

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

PayMeMunna

Hard to think of what could be a blockbuster title aimed specifically for women. Seems like video games will always have to have some sort of appeal to men, unfortunately. You can argue with Animal Crossing + Tomodachi Life, but I only see gender neutral appeal in them--even if it doesn't appeal to you specifically.

Ideally, I'd love an action-adventure game starring a fully customizable female lead (so you can have an hourglass figure or androgynous or anything in between) with a really gripping storyline. Fantasy preferred, avoids tropes as much as possible, but I still want a romance aspect lol

Edited on by PayMeMunna

PayMeMunna

3DS Friend Code: 0576-4391-5878 | Nintendo Network ID: Selkaine

Aviator

This is probably the stupidest thread.

The female answer to Call of Duty is Call of Duty.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Jazzer94

Man I've seen some silly piggy backing threads but this one....................
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

mamp

Magic Mike the movie the game ROFL!!!

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Dreamsleep

BadKitty wrote:

Games do not belong to any gender, it's for everyone and anyone to play them.
The only reason girls keep there gaming a secret is because most guys gamers are creeps.

Wow...that's such a sad statement, and so not true. Are you trolling?

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Blooby

This is what happens when you let someone create a thread about Call of Duty on a Nintendo forum...
Untitled

OK K.O. > Most Cartoon Network shows

Check out my Youtube channel here if you like cringy humor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6275-6076-4710 | 3DS Friend Code: 1049-4443-8858 | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Jesus, wtf happened to this thread lol...

Anyway, all the people arguing over a damn username aside, I think most people are missing the OP's point. This isn't about who is playing the games. It's about who the games are marketed towards. Nobody is ever going to run a Call of Duty ad that is meant to appeal to women, because of the decades-long stereotype that gaming is only for boys. That's why there's still girls being creeped on and being called "fake gamers," because games are still the Old Boys Club.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Hy8ogen

Call of Booty.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

WhiteNoise17

Duck Face Hunt: Selfie edition

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

AlexSays

Dreamsleep wrote:

BadKitty wrote:

The only reason girls keep there gaming a secret is because most guys gamers are creeps.

Wow...that's such a sad statement, and so not true. Are you trolling?

Eh I don't know. I'm a guy that plays games and I think a decent portion of 'guy gamers' are pretty damn creepy.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Aviator wrote:

This is probably the stupidest thread.

The female answer to Call of Duty is Call of Duty.

It's probably up there but I'm sure we've seen worse lol

AlexSays

ogo79

picking on a child?
@BadKitty is only 4.
have some taste and pick on someone yer own size

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Nintendo_Ninja

This thread is stupid. It was derailed the minute it was written.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Top

Sorry, this topic has been locked.