Wii U Forum

Topic: What Wii U shooters are you expecting at e3 2013.

Showing 41 to 54 of 54

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

41. Posted:

I'm expecting Call of Duty simply because Call of Duty is released on every single home console. Is the Wii U market smaller? Likely, but Activision aren't going to lose out on any cash and have it skip the Wii U, since it was even downgraded and ported to the Wii.

A James Bond game could be interesting, although given that Activision probably lost the license, it's anyone's guess who the developer and publisher would be.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

42. Posted:

Something that can sell me the system and make me think my investment is worth it. Im still on the ropes over any next gen system.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

43. Posted:

Red Steel 3?????

Edited on by DefHalan

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

44. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

also the fact that haters never shutting up about it have probably kept the series 20% more relevant than it would be at this point. So they're just hurting themselves really. Well not even that but you know what I mean.

Yep. You are right.

CM30 wrote:

I'm expecting Call of Duty simply because Call of Duty is released on every single home console. Is the Wii U market smaller? Likely, but Activision aren't going to lose out on any cash and have it skip the Wii U, since it was even downgraded and ported to the Wii.

A James Bond game could be interesting, although given that Activision probably lost the license, it's anyone's guess who the developer and publisher would be.

Yes, I would say MW4 is a safe bet for the fall. However Modern Warfare is made by IW who has never actually made a CoD for Nintendo before. Treyarch always handled the Wii ports. It will be interesting to see if IW will actually make the Wii U version, especially seeing as how they're a bunch of xbox 360 fanboys. Although, considering they get bigger checks from microsoft, I guess I can see why.

Honestly, I would like it if Eurocom continued making 007 games, but please, please have a different publisher. Activision just tries to get Eurocom to make their 007 games more like CoD, most likely because CoD sells, and rushes them. They give IW two years to make a CoD game. Why does Eurocom have to make their 007 game so fast? I feel like Goldeneye 007 on Wii could've been a much better game if it had more development time. I've never heard Eurocom say that they were rushed, but after just playing Goldeneye, I can't come up with any other solution as to why it only feels like 3/4 of a game.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

45. Posted:

Eurocom went bankrupt last time I checked.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

46. Posted:

Yeah, I forgot about that.

Let's get Crytek UK to make a new 007 game, huh? That could help fund their TimeSplitters series, too... maybe. I can dream, right?

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

47. Posted:

Metroid Prime 4 maybe. BioShock Inifinte being announced on the Wii U? Pwetty pwetty pwease.

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

48. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

I just wanna mention too since someone earlier said Star Fox, and I'm sure this probably plays more like a platformer closer to Legend of Zelda in terms of gameplay controls,as a 3rd person I still kinda have to say we need a Kid icarus on Wii U because I just look at the 3DS controls and keep thinking to myself "A Wii remote would make more practical use than the stylus (and of course the nunchuck wouldfit in the obvious controls, walking and maybe zoom)" (sigh* Granted OK, for those who simply can't get away from an XBox 360/PlayStation 3 style gamepad, it certain wouldn't eliminate dual analogs, either; GamePad or Pro controller could be optional.

While I would totally dig Kid Icarus on Wii U, the stylus is imperative to higher difficulties.

Think of the flicking mechanic. How could you replicate that with a Wii Remote? The only way to do that would be to add some ridiculous speed to turning (making it clunky) or changing the gameplay style to a much slower-paced title. Dual-analog would be great for the slow platforming sections (like in Chapter 7)

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

49. Posted:

PhoenixUltra wrote:

hey chrono cross you're giving nintendo a stereotype, the wii u is perfect for shooters. There will be more, its not wii, get it it's wii u. hd nintendo. There are already some shooters coming, battlefield 4, aliens colonial marines, cod bo 2, and more announced. chillax mel gibson.

In all honesty Wii itself was already perfect for shooters. Most other will say Wii U because they're still attatched to classic gamepad dual analog controls. Just saying.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

50. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

DaveGX wrote:

I just wanna mention too since someone earlier said Star Fox, and I'm sure this probably plays more like a platformer closer to Legend of Zelda in terms of gameplay controls,as a 3rd person I still kinda have to say we need a Kid icarus on Wii U because I just look at the 3DS controls and keep thinking to myself "A Wii remote would make more practical use than the stylus (and of course the nunchuck wouldfit in the obvious controls, walking and maybe zoom)" (sigh* Granted OK, for those who simply can't get away from an XBox 360/PlayStation 3 style gamepad, it certain wouldn't eliminate dual analogs, either; GamePad or Pro controller could be optional.

While I would totally dig Kid Icarus on Wii U, the stylus is imperative to higher difficulties.

Think of the flicking mechanic. How could you replicate that with a Wii Remote? The only way to do that would be to add some ridiculous speed to turning (making it clunky) or changing the gameplay style to a much slower-paced title. Dual-analog would be great for the slow platforming sections (like in Chapter 7)

Not quite sure I understand what you're saying about flicking. Explain, or if you could show a video?

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

51. Posted:

OK, so i took a look at a few of the instructions from the game until i found what I think you're talking about, #4 land battles? As far as I an tell, the flicking would equal the speed at which you slide/move the stylus; The same would have to apply using the Wii remote for aiming. Think about it this way; If the stylus pen has some sort of receiver in it that makes it interact with the 3DS, then the Wii remote has a similar type of sensor for the sensor bar as if you're doing so on TV. I've honestly never tried this in any fps on Wii before, and I'm not 100% certain but I think Link's CrossBow Training might demonstrate this.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

52. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

OK, so i took a look at a few of the instructions from the game until i found what I think you're talking about, #4 land battles? As far as I an tell, the flicking would equal the speed at which you slide/move the stylus; The same would have to apply using the Wii remote for aiming. Think about it this way; If the stylus pen has some sort of receiver in it that makes it interact with the 3DS, then the Wii remote has a similar type of sensor for the sensor bar as if you're doing so on TV. I've honestly never tried this in any fps on Wii before, and I'm not 100% certain but I think Link's CrossBow Training might demonstrate this.

But the Stylus flicking is so much quicker and more accurate than the Wiimote pointer. The gameplay would be forced to be slowed down.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

53. Posted:

How so? You'd flick your Wiiremote the same way you would te stylus, kinda. Sorry gbut I have to disagree about that accuracy part because of the type of gameplay involved, a manually oprated reticle in a 3rd person/platformer is made for shooter types.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

54. Posted:

The only way the Wii remote pointer would be less accurate is if you were dealing with input lag like on every HDTV in exsistence.lol On an SDTV Tube CRT it's 1:1 accurate without a hitch. I can only tolerate 1 frame/16ms of lag on an HDTV which are a rarity to find, and you won't find this kind of button response on any 2012 display and the same will most likely apply to 2013 models. Anyways! I think Kid Icarus needs to take a different path in terms of gameplay & controls. Uprising looks like such a radically different game compared to the orginal NES title.Or maybe i should just shut up aleady and play my copy of Uprising for once. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!