Forums

Topic: What Wii U shooters are you expecting at e3 2013.

Posts 21 to 40 of 46

Gamesake

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Personally hoping for an FPS that's actually interesting like Bioshock Infinite or at least Borderlands

BioShock and Boarderlands were two of the best FPS I encountered last gen along with Metroid Prime Corruption. I even think those two shooters could find an audience on the Wii U but it doesn't look like they're going to make it this year.

Sometimes I feel like people forget about 3rd person shooters, rail shooters, and bullet hell shooters, but I'm always up for a good shooter whatever the format.

...in my pants.

DaveGX

Honestly, the only type of FPS I'd pick up, (and it's gonna take something mind blowing to tear me away from my Halo on XBox 360. Sorry Metroid prime, no offense, and not that I hate Metroid in anyw ay, shape, or form Really honestly can't go wrong with a retro era classic franchise, though) would be sci-fi. I simply can't stand ww/modern combat rehashes. I would possibly say Unreal Tournament, but I'm pretty sure that's passed its prime by now and never really did anything much impressive to begin with, so i honestly couldn't imagine Doom being a big here here, either.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

kkslider5552000

Gamesake wrote:

Sometimes I feel like people forget about 3rd person shooters, rail shooters, and bullet hell shooters, but I'm always up for a good shooter whatever the format.

3rd person shooters have been overtaken by samey Gears of War cover systems, rail shooters were 3rd party Wii games and thus "don't exist" and bullet hell has no chance to ever be anything but niche because...um...bullet hell.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DaveGX

Treverend wrote:

DaveGX wrote:

Honestly, the only type of FPS I'd pick up, (and it's gonna take something mind blowing to tear me away from my Halo on XBox 360. Sorry Metroid prime, no offense, and not that I hate Metroid in anyw ay, shape, or form Really honestly can't go wrong with a retro era classic franchise, though) would be sci-fi. I simply can't stand ww/modern combat rehashes. I would possibly say Unreal Tournament, but I'm pretty sure that's passed its prime by now and never really did anything much impressive to begin with, so i honestly couldn't imagine Doom being a big here here, either.

Halo 4 isn't that great... and Reach was poop. My brother is a Halo fanatic and he doesn't even like 4 that much. I'd much rather take Metroid Prime over a run and gun shooter. Retro Studios are talented too, just look at the environments in the Metroid Prime series and imagine that all in HD with better textures. Amazing. I like the older Halo's. Heck I still play the original Halo on PC sometimes. Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3 are all coming to Steam, plan on buying them all.

No offense, but that stuff about Reach anbd Halo 4 being crap itself is crap. people are just mad that they didn't revise the halo 2-3 rank system and that there isn't any deranking (which actually was quite a buzz-killing, frustrating system honestly), which doesn't make Reach or 4 bad at all. People have to learn and get used to the fact that games evolve, not de-evolve. Again, i won't go off saying Metroid Prime is terrible ebcause I'm sure they did sometrhing right there, sorta, but

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

3rd person shooters have been overtaken by samey Gears of War cover systems, rail shooters were 3rd party Wii games and thus "don't exist" and bullet hell has no chance to ever be anything but niche because...um...bullet hell.

All theyr eally need to do like Wii has done is provide the proper hybrid of rail and FPS and they'll be just fine. As for Gears, I'm honestly nota big fan of the cover system at all, but I don't hate the series itself.

Gamesake

kkslider5552000 wrote:

3rd person shooters have been overtaken by samey Gears of War cover systems

That's true, although Gears of War is just a bite off of NAMCO's earlier Kill Switch. I don't care for Gears of War but I have had fun with some select cover shooters.

...in my pants.

Chrono_Cross

Treverend wrote:

I fail to see how you can say that while liking Call of Duty. It's way more milked than Battlefield that's my only point.

You're still not comprehending the obvious. How predictable.

When it comes to shooters, the Wii U is drier than a desert river. Unless E3 can bring the rain, that is.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

DaveGX

I just wanna mention too since someone earlier said Star Fox, and I'm sure this probably plays more like a platformer closer to Legend of Zelda in terms of gameplay controls,as a 3rd person I still kinda have to say we need a Kid icarus on Wii U because I just look at the 3DS controls and keep thinking to myself "A Wii remote would make more practical use than the stylus (and of course the nunchuck wouldfit in the obvious controls, walking and maybe zoom)" (sigh* Granted OK, for those who simply can't get away from an XBox 360/PlayStation 3 style gamepad, it certain wouldn't eliminate dual analogs, either; GamePad or Pro controller could be optional.

Edited on by DaveGX

Banker-Style

Duke Nukem

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

SilverLightning

im just gonna go out on a guess here. a new COD what are we on now the 12th one or something 20 maybe

im SilverLightning i was @BlueLightning i changed my name, i was born in a barn in ohio i was put in prison. 19 years later andy dufresne escaped shawshank prison.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3094-8702 | Nintendo Network ID: SilverLightning

Jaz007

A new Bond shooter, 1 or 3rd person would be great. I liked 007 Godeneye Reloaded and Blood Stone and woudl love to see new game thats better than either of them. Also i havn't played Brink yet a new one for wii U would be great.

Jaz007

PhoenixUltra

hey chrono cross you're giving nintendo a stereotype, the wii u is perfect for shooters. There will be more, its not wii, get it it's wii u. hd nintendo. There are already some shooters coming, battlefield 4, aliens colonial marines, cod bo 2, and more announced. chillax mel gibson.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

DudeSean

Timesplitters.

Also, not surprised at all that people can't help but complain about CoD even without people bringing it up for them to complain about. I swear, some people.

"How's the weather today?"
"Call of Duty is so overrated."
"Uh... okay."

Don't like it, don't play it. Don't play it, don't talk crap about it, because you don't know what you're talking about and you sound like an idiot.

Although, to the person who said that CoD is an arcade game, why yes, yes it is. It's meant for fun. Not to simulate what I would really do if I were trapped in a small area with a few people who are able to constantly be resurrected after dying.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Chrono_Cross

PhoenixUltra wrote:

hey chrono cross you're giving nintendo a stereotype, the wii u is perfect for shooters. There will be more, its not wii, get it it's wii u. hd nintendo. There are already some shooters coming, battlefield 4, aliens colonial marines, cod bo 2, and more announced. chillax mel gibson.

I'm not stereotyping anything. I'm just pointing out the obvious as usual.

Just for you.

kkslider5552000

DudeSean wrote:

Timesplitters.

Also, not surprised at all that people can't help but complain about CoD even without people bringing it up for them to complain about. I swear, some people.

"How's the weather today?"
"Call of Duty is so overrated."
"Uh... okay."

Don't like it, don't play it. Don't play it, don't talk crap about it, because you don't know what you're talking about and you sound like an idiot.

Although, to the person who said that CoD is an arcade game, why yes, yes it is. It's meant for fun. Not to simulate what I would really do if I were trapped in a small area with a few people are able to constantly be resurrected after dying.

also the fact that haters never shutting up about it have probably kept the series 20% more relevant than it would be at this point. So they're just hurting themselves really. Well not even that but you know what I mean.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CM30

I'm expecting Call of Duty simply because Call of Duty is released on every single home console. Is the Wii U market smaller? Likely, but Activision aren't going to lose out on any cash and have it skip the Wii U, since it was even downgraded and ported to the Wii.

A James Bond game could be interesting, although given that Activision probably lost the license, it's anyone's guess who the developer and publisher would be.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

RancidVomit86

Something that can sell me the system and make me think my investment is worth it. Im still on the ropes over any next gen system.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

DefHalan

Red Steel 3?????

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DudeSean

kkslider5552000 wrote:

also the fact that haters never shutting up about it have probably kept the series 20% more relevant than it would be at this point. So they're just hurting themselves really. Well not even that but you know what I mean.

Yep. You are right.

CM30 wrote:

I'm expecting Call of Duty simply because Call of Duty is released on every single home console. Is the Wii U market smaller? Likely, but Activision aren't going to lose out on any cash and have it skip the Wii U, since it was even downgraded and ported to the Wii.

A James Bond game could be interesting, although given that Activision probably lost the license, it's anyone's guess who the developer and publisher would be.

Yes, I would say MW4 is a safe bet for the fall. However Modern Warfare is made by IW who has never actually made a CoD for Nintendo before. Treyarch always handled the Wii ports. It will be interesting to see if IW will actually make the Wii U version, especially seeing as how they're a bunch of xbox 360 fanboys. Although, considering they get bigger checks from microsoft, I guess I can see why.

Honestly, I would like it if Eurocom continued making 007 games, but please, please have a different publisher. Activision just tries to get Eurocom to make their 007 games more like CoD, most likely because CoD sells, and rushes them. They give IW two years to make a CoD game. Why does Eurocom have to make their 007 game so fast? I feel like Goldeneye 007 on Wii could've been a much better game if it had more development time. I've never heard Eurocom say that they were rushed, but after just playing Goldeneye, I can't come up with any other solution as to why it only feels like 3/4 of a game.

DudeSean

Chrono_Cross

Eurocom went bankrupt last time I checked.

Just for you.

DudeSean

Yeah, I forgot about that.

Let's get Crytek UK to make a new 007 game, huh? That could help fund their TimeSplitters series, too... maybe. I can dream, right?

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.