Forums

Topic: What is Retro Studios REALLY up to?

Posts 141 to 160 of 244

kkslider5552000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

With that said I think it will be Star Fox and I'm hoping it's in the vain of the Rouge Squadron series!

I haven't played Rogue Squadron games in a long time, but I don't think they were that different from All Range Mode in 64 (or anything similar in Assault or Command). They were larger levels I think but other than that they're both the same type of gameplay so I'm confused...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

If it's Starfox I hope its more in the vein of Assult and Adventure.

Other than that go New IP.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Bolt_Strike

DestinyMan wrote:

What Michael Kelbaugh had to say about Metroid in an interview with USGamer.

Kelbaugh on Metroid Prime…
“You’re not going to find a larger bunch of Metroid or Metroid Prime fans than at Retro studios. We’ll be lucky to someday, maybe, work on another one. There’s a lot of people in the studio left over from Metroid Prime that are very passionate about Metroid… If the fans keep asking, then maybe we’ll answer.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/tanabekelbaugh-on-tutorials-tro...

Well, it's good to know that Metroid isn't being forgotten. Still though, Metroid is perfect for Wii U, so it's disappointing that it's being ignored right now.

More on topic, it's probably the new IP.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Spoony_Tech

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

With that said I think it will be Star Fox and I'm hoping it's in the vain of the Rouge Squadron series!

I haven't played Rogue Squadron games in a long time, but I don't think they were that different from All Range Mode in 64 (or anything similar in Assault or Command). They were larger levels I think but other than that they're both the same type of gameplay so I'm confused...

Well let's see, none of Rouge Squadron was on rails to start. Plus all levels were mission based and awarded you medals according to your proformance. Last I checked only boss fights were free flying and very small areas at that. Of course other then the most resent one on the ds the last one I played was 64! So imo they are very different types of flyers were as Star Fox is more arcadey.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ROBLOGNICK

There is going to be a new Metroid whether Retro Studios work on it or not. Personally, I'd be happy with Team Ninja working on that. I was very happy with Metroid: Other M. Or maybe Monolith Soft though they'll be hard at work on X right now.

Retro's next title for Nintendo HAS to be either Star Fox or F-Zero. I cannot see it being anything else unless it's totally brand new IP. While I think they deserve being allowed to develop brand new IP, Nintendo really need to reinvigorate these two IPs as well. Having Retro develop them will certainly do that.

ROBLOGNICK

Twitter:

MikeLove

Retro working on a F-Zero game would be the biggest waste of resources ever. Hopefully they are working on something a little more exciting/creative than a niche futuristic racer.

MikeLove

DudeSean

ROBLOGNICK wrote:

There is going to be a new Metroid whether Retro Studios work on it or not. Personally, I'd be happy with Team Ninja working on that. I was very happy with Metroid: Other M. Or maybe Monolith Soft though they'll be hard at work on X right now.

Yeah, I'd be all for giving Team Ninja another go. But let them do their thing a little bit more. I heard they wanted to make the game use the nunchuk for better controls, but Nintendo wanted it to be wii remote only. So, yeah, if you're gonna let Team Ninja make the game, let them utilize more of their ideas.

Well, they made 3 Metroid games in a row, and so far they've made 2 DKC games in a row. There were 3 DKC games on the SNES. Retro has stated that there is still more that they would like to do in the DKC series. Could it be, that Retro is going to make 3 DKC games? Maybe they'll finally include more than one animal buddy this time. I'm pretty sure a third DKC game would cause several gamers to riot, though.

That's not what I want to happen, though. What I'd like to happen is for Retro Studios to make an original FPS or FPA game.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

IronMan28

OP:
I don't know, someone should investigate!

IronMan28

Twitter:

shingi_70

Well they've made two donkey Kong games so Fzero would feel right at home.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Bolt_Strike

DudeSean wrote:

Well, they made 3 Metroid games in a row, and so far they've made 2 DKC games in a row. There were 3 DKC games on the SNES. Retro has stated that there is still more that they would like to do in the DKC series. Could it be, that Retro is going to make 3 DKC games? Maybe they'll finally include more than one animal buddy this time. I'm pretty sure a third DKC game would cause several gamers to riot, though.

Depends on how it's done, really. I don't think gamers would be too opposed to another DKC game if they do some new things with it, the main reason people are upset with more Donkey Kong is because Tropical Freeze was a waste of potential at a time when the Wii U is in desperate need of new ideas and useful applications for the Gamepad.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

ZyroXZ2

Funny, I posted in there why I didn't think it was Metroid by their history or revivals, and everyone just kind of pretended I didn't exist... And now you have some indirect confirmation, lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2 | Twitter:

shingi_70

Just can't see them working on a third DKC game when the Wii U needs first party content that pushes momentum. Than again I didn't think they would be working on tropical freeze so its pretty possible.

WAT!

dumedum

They will eventually make a third DKC (probably either them or another studio) but it's obviously not now. They're working on another game since November.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Nin10dad

Seriously, I know I say this a lot in forums but it's Banjo Kazooie. Nintendo has secretly purchased the IP from MS/Rare and are letting Retro Studios loose on it, after all, Retro are the new Rare!.....

I just had the most beautiful dream. Real life sucks!

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Bolt_Strike

dumedum wrote:

They will eventually make a third DKC (probably either them or another studio) but it's obviously not now. They're working on another game since November.

I don't think another studio will be working on DKC, the third game will probably release either at the tail end of the Wii U's lifespan or the beginning of the 9th gen console's lifespan (depending on the timing).

Bolt_Strike

DudeSean

G0dlike wrote:

Seriously, I know I say this a lot in forums but it's Banjo Kazooie. Nintendo has secretly purchased the IP from MS/Rare and are letting Retro Studios loose on it, after all, Retro are the new Rare!.....

I just had the most beautiful dream. Real life sucks!

I don't think that would happen quietly. Besides, Retro Studios could make a 3D Donkey Kong game, like they've talked about, and add in elements reminiscent to Banjo-Kazooie, since DK64 and Banjo-Kazooie were similar games.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

CanisWolfred

^I was actually thinking the same thing, too. If nothing else, it'd be really cool.

...so long as they don't overdo it with the collectables this time.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

^I was actually thinking the same thing, too. If nothing else, it'd be really cool.

what? Don't you want to play very similar characters and go through an explorable large level 5 times in a row in order to mostly play mediocre minigames?!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Big_L91

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

what? Don't you want to play very similar characters and go through an explorable large level 5 times in a row in order to mostly play mediocre minigames?!

lol...dk64....

put it on.

NinChocolate

Incredibly, we still don't know. Something probably interesting besides game development going on over at Retro possibly

NinChocolate

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.