Forums

Topic: What is next gen ?

Posts 181 to 194 of 194

Klimbatize

AlexSays wrote:

Untitled

Second time in as many days you've teased us with a gif like this.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

skywake

@rallydefault
True although mostly because the vast, vast majority of PC gamers don't upgrade their rigs every year. I think the average upgrade cycle from memory based on Steam statistics is about three years. If the 7770 was measured against the average active gamer rig it would definitely be mid-range but against new builds it would be on the low end of reasonable purchases. At the point where if you spend less you're paying about the same for much, much less.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

rallydefault

@skywake

Agreed. I currently have a Radeon 6950 that's now over a year old. It's a nice card that still lets me run new releases on Ultra/High (except for Crysis 3 lol), but I'm going to wait to upgrade until the holidays when AMD (hopefully) releases its 8000 series. Actually, depending on the cost of those, my next big gaming decision is going to come down to whether I want a PS4/Xbone for roughly $500, or a new graphics card budget of about $500, maybe a little more. To be honest, the new graphics card would probably get me better graphics and let me do more, as the rest of my PC (motherboard, 16 gigs RAM, i7 processor, dual monitor setup and HD TV connection) kicks a lot of butt. We'll have to see. These consoles just get closer and closer to PCs with a few exclusives and internet services you have to pay for.

rallydefault

kyuubikid213

I apparently just made the mistake of putting the Wii U as a "next-gen", now current gen, console. My friends in my dorm bought a PS4 and an Xbox One and said the Wii U was both a "last gen console" and "just a Wii."

I hate people sometimes.

And get this, the fact that it can play Wii games makes it merely a Wii and not a new system. That's how backwards their perspective of backwards compatibility is.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Bolt_Strike

It's next gen, but just barely. It's only really a marginal improvement over last gen, combining what the Wii and 3DS did and offering very little that is truly new or improved.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

kyuubikid213

We've been over this already though... Generations are defined by the successors' release, not tech.

It is a vast improvement over the Wii, thus it is a next gen console.

If we're looking at technical specs, then even the PS4 and One are last gen compared to high end PCs.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

MuchoMochi

Untitled

Edited on by MuchoMochi

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

Bolt_Strike

kyuubikid213 wrote:

If by "vast improvement", you mean an HD Wii with a DS-style tablet, then yes, it is a "vast improvement".

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

kyuubikid213

Bolt_Strike wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

If by "vast improvement", you mean an HD Wii with a DS-style tablet, then yes, it is a "vast improvement".

Har har. Because the Sony and Microsoft consoles do something completely different minus the DS-style tablet.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

SCRAPPER392

Wii U is awesome.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MAB

SCAR392 wrote:

Wii U is awesome.

Untitled
FO SHIZZLE MA NIZZLE

MAB

Bolt_Strike

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Har har. Because the Sony and Microsoft consoles do something completely different minus the DS-style tablet.

True, Microsoft and Sony are guilty of this as well, but Nintendo usually holds to a higher standard than them. Most of their products tend to be more innovative, the Wii U is just disappointingly samey.

Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.