Wii U Forum

Topic: What is next gen ?

Showing 141 to 160 of 204

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

141. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Microsoft isn't going to lie about their console power. Sony never said PS4 is stronger. They have their fans do that for them

Sony's senior vice president of PlayStation brand believes the PS4 will beat Xbox One in terms of graphical power.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1978305/ps4_vs_xbox_one_we_have_...

Besides, the article is right on the money about PS4 having "off the shelf" parts

Your missing one massive point you cannot go out and buy whats inside the PS4 "off the shelf", even when AMD sells the APU it still will be nothing like the PS4.

First of all, you linked me to a "page not found". Also, that's why I brought up that the PS4 OS is what would actually turn it into a PS4.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

142. Posted:

@banacheck Bah, you just gave him noms.

@scar http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1978305/ps4_vs_xbox_one_we_have_...

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

143. Posted:

I like this from that article. I hope so. I always want that option.

"people might be quite surprised, I think physical games will be around a lot longer than some people think."

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

144. Posted:

Ya, but there's nothing special about PS4 based off of the specs, and no one still factually knows which one has better graphics based on actual performance. We also need to consider what the extra components and purposes actually mean.
That article was speculation from within Sony itself. Microsoft gave explanation of why their machine would run better. The reasons were custom parts to take advantage of the capability a similar machine may or may not have.
PS4 is basically PC parts put together for you with the PS4 OS installed, while Xbox One has custom parts only available for Xbox One, with a custom OS to boot that differs from Windows 8.
I know people that run Windows OS off of MAC PCs, because both of them have some advantages and capabilities only available to each OS. MAC doesn't get alot of PC games, but people still want to run Windows only programs.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

145. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya, but there's nothing special about PS4 based off of the specs, and no one still factually knows which one has better graphics based on actual performance. We also need to consider what the extra components and purposes actually mean.
That article was speculation from within Sony itself. Microsoft gave explanation of why their machine would run better. The reasons were custom parts to take advantage of the capability a similar machine may or may not have.
PS4 is basically PC parts put together for you with the PS4 OS installed, while Xbox One has custom parts only available for Xbox One, with a custom OS to boot that differs from Windows 8.
I know people that run Windows OS off of MAC PCs, because both of them have some advantages and capabilities only available to each OS. MAC doesn't get alot of PC games, but people still want to run Windows only programs.

So if its coming from sony its speculation but from microsoft its an explanation, gotcha

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

146. Posted:

@SMEXIZELDAMAN Oh don't worry, I have screenshots. lol. This thread will live on forever.

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony never said PS4 is stronger. They have their fans do that for them

SeniorVP wrote:

"The reality is that every time a generation changes the playing field is leveled," said SVP Guy Longworth in an interview with GI. We actually think that we're going to have superior graphic fidelity, but the whole value proposition has to be right."

Sometimes it is better to admit you have hit an iceberg and bail, than it is to continue going down with the ship. I admire your perseverance though.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

147. Posted:

Reala wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya, but there's nothing special about PS4 based off of the specs, and no one still factually knows which one has better graphics based on actual performance. We also need to consider what the extra components and purposes actually mean.
That article was speculation from within Sony itself. Microsoft gave explanation of why their machine would run better. The reasons were custom parts to take advantage of the capability a similar machine may or may not have.
PS4 is basically PC parts put together for you with the PS4 OS installed, while Xbox One has custom parts only available for Xbox One, with a custom OS to boot that differs from Windows 8.
I know people that run Windows OS off of MAC PCs, because both of them have some advantages and capabilities only available to each OS. MAC doesn't get alot of PC games, but people still want to run Windows only programs.

So if its coming from sony its speculation but from microsoft its an explanation, gotcha

Yes. That's why I like Microsoft and Nintendo consoles more than anything Sony can ever do. They are able to give experiences exclusive to gaming consoles.

If you go and buy all the similar parts in the PS4 "off the shelf", all you would need is the PS4 OS. You can technically have a PS4 without ever even looking at a PS4.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

148. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

If you go and buy all the similar parts in the PS4 "off the shelf", all you would need is the PS4 OS. You can technically have a PS4 without ever even looking at a PS4.

I really wish we could get you to post this on a gaming site with a larger population. I might even pay you..

Ah well, not much to talk about since we're just going back to your 'I hate Sony for this unfounded reason' rants. Looks like we're done here.

Untitled

Bye thread

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

149. Posted:

PS4 is basically PC parts put together for you with the PS4 OS installed, while Xbox One has custom parts only available for Xbox One.

Sony uses custom parts only available to Sony by Sony themselves, every console does this fact. Again you cannot buy whats inside the PS4, but AMD will be selling there APU but both Sony's & Microsoft APU are based off that same APU.

If you go and buy all the similar parts in the PS4 "off the shelf", all you would need is the PS4 OS. You can technically have a PS4 without ever even looking at a PS4.

OMG this is the most stupid comment i've ever come across on the internet, this is almost unbelievable.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

150. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

PS4 is basically PC parts put together for you with the PS4 OS installed, while Xbox One has custom parts only available for Xbox One.

Sony uses custom parts only available to Sony by Sony themselves, every console does this fact. Again you cannot buy whats inside the PS4, but AMD will be selling there APU but both Sony's & Microsoft APU are based off that same APU.

If you go and buy all the similar parts in the PS4 "off the shelf", all you would need is the PS4 OS. You can technically have a PS4 without ever even looking at a PS4.

OMG this is the most stupid comment i've ever come across on the internet, this is almost unbelievable.

Doesn't matter. You'll defend Sony no matter what.
I've said plenty of things on this forum that are true, and they're still considered false statements. It just proves that even if one is right, it won't matter if another does not understand.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

151. Posted:

i'm just sitting here with a bag of pretzels, constantly refreshing the page :D. please, let the show go on! @SCAR392 , thank you, those were the greatest laughs i've had in a long time!

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

152. Posted:

OptometristLime wrote:

Untitled
This is a completely protocol leak of logic, nothing the army can't handle.

We're going to get you out of here.

You are fantastic.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingDunsparce

153. Posted:

KAHN wrote:

i'm just sitting here with a bag of pretzels, constantly refreshing the page :D. please, let the show go on! @SCAR392 , thank you, those were the greatest laughs i've had in a long time!

You too? :P

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

154. Posted:

The Wii U is current Gen as its the first of the 8th generation of consoles.

In the end who cares I see games this fall I want from all three.


and than Next Year


So I say screw all this antagonistic hate and debates on hardware. It doesn't matter if your blood runs White, Blue, or Green. What matter is the games and all three will have great games either way.

@AlexSays loves Sony and Kaz Hari gifs and will be getting a PS4 which is awesome because it looks great, and infamous looks fun
@SCAR392 loves Nintendo and the Wii U so much that he sometimes makes somewhat dubious claims, but that's Okay because X looks really good for an open world game,
and I'm a Microsoft guy loves Halo and is perpetually disappointed by Rareware, but it looks like were going to good games using their properites starting KI.

Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

155. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

The Wii U is current Gen as its the first of the 8th generation of consoles.

In the end who cares I see games this fall I want from all three.


and than Next Year


So I say screw all this antagonistic hate and debates on hardware. It doesn't matter if your blood runs White, Blue, or Green. What matter is the games and all three will have great games either way.

@AlexSays loves Sony and Kaz Hari gifs and will be getting a PS4 which is awesome because it looks great, and infamous looks fun
@SCAR392 loves Nintendo and the Wii U so much that he sometimes makes somewhat dubious claims, but that's Okay because X looks really good for an open world game,
and I'm a Microsoft guy loves Halo and is perpetually disappointed by Rareware, but it looks like were going to good games using their properites starting KI.

Untitled

How does an exclusive game for a console make dubious claims about the console okay? This does not compute.

Edited on by Jaz007

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

156. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drraNd5sTpU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSaBIzmovvg&feature=c4-ove...

EDIT: If I get an Xbox One, I'll most likely get Final Fantasy XV as well as X. I think X is better as a traditional RPG.
FF turned into an obstacle course RGP movie game. There's still things I like from FF, like the more realistic hit boxes, but X looks like the better game to me.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

157. Posted:

This thread made me lol hard. Should've stayed home from work today. :(

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

158. Posted:

Pikminsi wrote:

KAHN wrote:

i'm just sitting here with a bag of pretzels, constantly refreshing the page :D. please, let the show go on! @SCAR392 , thank you, those were the greatest laughs i've had in a long time!

You too? :P

please, this is more entertaining than gaming itself :D

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

159. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

If I didn't say anything, there would be nothing for you to refute. Explain that paradox. lol. Anyways, I said exactly what I said, the way some people think in here could inhibit the progress of video games. Be my guest and draw a greater meaning of that, imagine us having an argument in which you just yell something about men and straws, and contemplate the ending where we log off and see no differently. Let me know how that goes. lol

I don't care about your point, I care about my point which you agreed with. Technology enhances multiple aspects of a video game. My initial post referred to the industry and its entire existence, yet you're telling me how games wouldn't be dramatically different between the PS4 and Wii U. That's great, I don't care.

If you're going to ridicule my post, at least read it a couple times to make sure you know what you're refuting. At first I thought you misquoted me because this is such a tangent to my original point. I clearly said 'some of us don't want just a novelty factor'. Never did I say that had no value whatsoever, I was defending the understated importance of technology as a whole throughout the history of video games.

Van Gogh also wasn't a video game developer. There's a slight difference there with respect to dependence on technology.

Can I just say that you should probably go back and read your own post before you try to defend it. When you did your "I'm not arguing with people in this thread I'm making a point about their train of thought" bit I couldn't help but have a go at it. It's either saying nothing, because that's what a debate/argument with a person always is, or it was a way to announce a strawman. Now what is a strawman since you seem to have no idea. A strawman is an argument that you create to attack that's easy to take down but mostly because it isn't the one owned by the people you are arguing with.

Basically when you said that this "ideology" of gimmicks over horsepower would have meant we'd be still playing PONG. Nobody here is saying they want to play nothing more advanced than PONG. When I said that games like Portal and The Last of Us wouldn't have been improved significantly with extra horsepower you tried to pretend that I would have been happy with The Last of Us on the PS2. If you read the first post where I responded to you you might actually notice that my complaint was that you were having a go at people for saying that the PS4/XBone only offered more power. My only argument was that people weren't therefore saying power was valueless and were instead saying that power wasn't everything.

My Van Gogh point you really did try hard to brush over as you have my entire argument about artistic talent. The advent of coloured paints and flat canvases advanced that medium significantly and the advancements beyond that in tools available to artists hasn't moved it that much further. I was simply looking at video game devs as artists in the same way. All of these consoles are simply new tools which these "game artists" can use to create games.

That toolkit includes "gimmicks" like four players and analogue sticks on the N64, the second screen on the DS, dualshock, Kinect, streetpass, smartglass and the Wii U GamePad. It also includes more CPU and GPU power that has allowed more effects, better physics, better AI, parallax, more parallax, more colours, bigger sprites, more sprites, faster sprites, distorted sprites, large 3D worlds, more interactivity and so on. All three of the "next-gen" consoles, which are called so because of a coincidence of timing, provide new tools. As of yet I haven't seen anything produced that I would call a "next-gen" game if "last-gen" has to include everything that appeared on the PS3/360.

Also as far as "holding back the industry" with the idea that games should be about more than just power I think it's pretty simple. That power beyond "last gen" has yet to prove itself..... personally I am more worried about the same-ness and lack of creativity displayed in the "next-gen" so far. Even amongst some of NIntendo's titles. There wasn't much at all at E3 that made me think "wow, I have never seen anything like that before!" beyond maybe anti-gravity on Mario Kart (sadly) and a Hipster FPS where you shoot vinyl. Neither of which really required the "next-gen" consoles to exist.

Sorry for the wall of text

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

160. Posted:

The whole thread is TL ;) DR

Going off those trailers alone (WiiU 98% gameplay, PSBOX 98%cutscenes) it's safe to say my need and or want of the latter is nonexistent at this point in time...

As long as the people have a WiiU, 3DS & PC then you're on the winning combination for real gaming success ;)

MAB