Forums

Topic: What is needed to use classic controller?

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Levian

I just picked up a wii u and I've been wanting to try xenoblade for the wii. I'm going to be buying the pro controller so I can play Mario with friends but found out it isn't supported by regular wii games.

So I'm thinking of playing it on the classic controller, but do I need to buy the wii mote just to use the classic? This seems like a lot of accessories to buy for something that could be solved by making the wii u pro controller compatible

Levian

SubBronze

Yeah, you need to buy a Wii Mote for the Classic Controller. But it can just be a normal Wii Mote which you can pick up for pretty cheap used online now if you're nit going to use it for Wii U games (which usually require Motion Plus)

I agree it is annoying, and Nintendo should have made the Pro Controller compatible with Wii games...

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Levian

Thanks for the response! I'm starting to think I should just play it with the wii mote then, save myself buying three separate controllers in a day. Does xenoblade require the nunchuck as well, or just the wii mote?

Levian

theblackdragon

Xenoblade does indeed require the nunchuk if you're using the wiimote setup. I'm wanting to say you can use the classic controller if you want instead, but it's one or the other, not just a wiimote.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.