Wii U Forum

Topic: What if the Wii U Became the Best Console Ever?

Showing 81 to 100 of 123

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

81. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

it kinda is, with the exception of the 2nd screen, because it had the same gameplay, including effects, and I found myself playing some of the same tracks i'd already played in the DS version.

...Maybe because Nintendo likes to have retro courses in their Mario Kart games? Of course you're gonna be racing in some familiar tracks, Mario Kart DS did the same thing with Double Dash!!

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

82. Posted:

Well i didn't mean i was playing retro courses. I just meant I recall playing some of the very same courses with the same gameplay in Mario Kart Wii that already existed in Mario Kart DS.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

83. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

Lazyness? Probably you know that N has several big dev departments with hundreds of people and in several Japan cities, aside of that, they also bought some dev companies like HAL Lab, Retro and others. So what is comming from N devs and not acquired companies?
Zelda TP: Direct port from GC
Mario Kart wii: Almost a direct port from GC one
Smash Bros: created by HAL for the N64, then the same for the GC and again the same for the Wii
Mario Galaxy 1: I would say this one is almost new, while inheriting many many things from the GC
Mario Galaxy 2: basically the same as 1
Metroid Prime: created by third party bought by N
Metroid Mother M: created by third party bought by N
Xenoblade: created by third party bought by N
Kirby: HAL laboratory, also "fagocited" by N

So all the hundreds of original N devs were doing what during these years? one minigame after another? Were all of them fired and replaced by these of the acquired companies?

Can't this be broken down and said about Sony as well? Plus HAL has been around for ages and formed with Nintendo... as in a lot of the employees at HAL are Nintendo employees which help with the development of it's projects. Same goes for Retro. Now for your point on Metroid Other M Team Ninja was not bought by Nintendo but is owned by Tecmo.

And for your point on Nintendo is lazy is still non-existent because Nintendo has made many games in recent years:

  • Luigi's Mansion
    Animal Crossing
    Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
    Pikmin
    Wii Sports
    Wii Music
    Zelda
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mario Kart

And so on and so forth. And beyond that how does it make you lazy when branches of your business participate and develop games as a whole? Sony, Microsoft, and Sega are really lazy too, man. So lazy.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

84. Posted:

How can you again call them not lazy when they can't even produce any new IPs other than their retro/classic franchises? Doesn't really matter to me whether or not they ally themselves with developers to accomplish this, they're still rehashes. Sony really doesn't do that at all, so don't see how any of it can possibly be compared to them.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Scicri

85. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

How can you again call them not lazy when they can't even produce any new IPs other than their retro/classic franchises? Doesn't really matter to me whether or not they ally themselves with developers to accomplish this, they're still rehashes. Sony really doesn't do that at all, so don't see how any of it can possibly be compared to them.

Well, Nintendo tried to make new Ip's but they all failed in sales. Think Chibi-Robo,Sin and Punishment, Starfy, and the New-Play Control Pikmin.

3ds Friend Code:2750-1265-7821
Currently Playing- A Boy & His Blob, Pikmin, NSMBWii
Pichu ftw!
...I have quite a boring sig!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

86. Posted:

wrote:

How can you again call them not lazy when they can't even produce any new IPs other than their retro/classic franchises? Doesn't really matter to me whether or not they ally themselves with developers to accomplish this, they're still rehashes. Sony really doesn't do that at all, so don't see how any of it can possibly be compared to them.

I've just listed a few new IPs in the last few years. Besides, if we don't get games like Mario, Kirby, Zelda, people like you will just bitch and complain on how we don't get our favorites. Beyond that is the fact they sell by the millions But now you want new? We just got Last Story, Xenoblade, and Pandora's Tower. Not only that but WiiWare-wise we got Fluidity, on 3DS we got Steel Diver, and a re-vamped version of Pilotwings.

You can literally nitpick about every company about bringing nothing new to the table (Nintendo being one of the harder ones). And the first company that comes to mind, and has been doing this since the early nineties, is Capcom. And your Sony comment... up until the PS3 era Sony had little to no new IPs that were successful. When the PS3 came out, other than Ratchet and Clank and God of War Sony had little to nothing to fall back on. They sold crash and Spyro, Syphon Filter was gone, etc.

wrote:

How can you again call them not lazy when they can't even produce any new IPs other than their retro/classic franchises? Doesn't really matter to me whether or not they ally themselves with developers to accomplish this, they're still rehashes. Sony really doesn't do that at all, so don't see how any of it can possibly be compared to them.

Thank you. I completely forgot about these new IPs. Add these to my list! Chop chop! :P

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

John-John

87. Posted:

Lemme pick up my PS Move controller and show you how innovating Sony is to the gaming industry. Never mind, that's my Wii controller. Hm, good job with your effort there, Sony. I'm glad Microsoft went a step above with Kinect.

John-John

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

88. Posted:

nintendo does make new IP's all the time :|
Wii Series, Nintendogs, Chibi Robo, Custom Robo, Pikmin, Stafy, Sin & Punishment, Rhytm Heaven, Wario Ware, Ouendan, Art Style, Daigasso Band Brothers, Tingle RPG, Hotel Dusk, Trace Memory, Animal Crossing, Eternal Darkness, Geist, Jump Series. just to name a few :P

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

89. Posted:

yea, when I think new, i mean brand new, not flagship rehashes. And OK, so maybe they've come up with "a few" new 1s. But really anything that falls under the Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kirby, etc franchises really aren't what most consider new IPs. The pattern of which they release these titles is overkill because there's so many. I'm not saying they should quit making them; They need to give us more time to breathe between releases no matter which series they decide next, or even the lack of 3rd party support other audiences would like to see possible. I think when it comes down to it this is what people complain most about as opposed to "not getting them". The only reason to complain about that is because of the announcement and release rate Nintendo gives us, it's not our fault. and really, to tel ya honestly, I have no real reason to complain about when these titles come out or why they take so long. Although I do feel I have a legitimate reason to complain about how long it's taken them to realize how many of us wanted a new Kid Icarus because they seem to feel as though not enough people wanted it, or so I've read. But that obviously wasn't the case. I've been trying to get their attention about this since maybe early-mid N64, and it never even saw the light of day for a possibly GameCube release. That alone would've been a decent enough start for me.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dizzard

90. Posted:

SuperOtaku wrote:

nintendo does make new IP's all the time :|
Wii Series, Nintendogs, Chibi Robo, Custom Robo, Pikmin, Stafy, Sin & Punishment, Rhytm Heaven, Wario Ware, Ouendan, Art Style, Daigasso Band Brothers, Tingle RPG, Hotel Dusk, Trace Memory, Animal Crossing, Eternal Darkness, Geist, Jump Series. just to name a few :P

Not to mention two new IPs coming to 3DSWare: The Rolling Western and Picture Lives.

Dizzard

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mandoble

91. Posted:

It is not a matter of new IPs or not new, these that some here call new IPs are cheap bits of code that took minimum time to develop, in fact, almost minigames, just these that Iwata attacks for the mobile industry. There are only two big devs that I've noticed in the whole Wii history, one is Xenoblade, done by "phagocyted" devs, and now Nintendo is trying to kill it fast with minimum ammount of units available for Europe and none for America. The other is Metroid prime, done by Retro (now phagocyted by Nintendo too). The rest, with the possible exception of Mario Galaxy, should be sold for 10€ or less.
careful of that typo — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Mandoble

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

92. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

yea, when I think new, i mean brand new, not flagship rehashes. And OK, so maybe they've come up with "a few" new 1s. But really anything that falls under the Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kirby, etc franchises really aren't what most consider new IPs. The pattern of which they release these titles is overkill because there's so many. I'm not saying they should quit making them; They need to give us more time to breathe between releases no matter which series they decide next, or even the lack of 3rd party support other audiences would like to see possible. I think when it comes down to it this is what people complain most about as opposed to "not getting them". The only reason to complain about that is because of the announcement and release rate Nintendo gives us, it's not our fault. and really, to tel ya honestly, I have no real reason to complain about when these titles come out or why they take so long. Although I do feel I have a legitimate reason to complain about how long it's taken them to realize how many of us wanted a new Kid Icarus because they seem to feel as though not enough people wanted it, or so I've read. But that obviously wasn't the case. I've been trying to get their attention about this since maybe early-mid N64, and it never even saw the light of day for a possibly GameCube release. That alone would've been a decent enough start for me.

They make many "new IPs" while still catering to the hardcore fans of Mario and the gang. But like I said nothing will stop you from complaining so I'm done arguing with you.

Mandoble wrote:

It is not a matter of new IPs or not new, these that some here call new IPs are cheap bits of code that took minimum time to develop, in fact, almost minigames, just these that Iwata attacks for the mobile industry. There are only two big devs that I've noticed in the whole Wii history, one is Xenoblade, done by "phagocyted" devs, and now Nintendo is trying to kill it fast with minimum ammount of units available for Europe and none for America. The other is Metroid prime, done by Retro (now phagocyted by Nintendo too). The rest, with the possible exception of Mario Galaxy, should be sold for 10€ or less.
careful of that typo — TBD

And your argument is even worse than Dave's. You have no proof of anything your stating or is clearly your vague opinion.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

93. Posted:

Ya know I wasn't exactly "complaining", really, just being realistic, citing the hard truths that a lot of people either don't understand or stand in denial of trying to phase it out. Someone earlier in the thread had asked how did they go from their edgy, Play It Loud campaign to a conservative casual/family/kiddy oriented company? Well, if you think about it, the simple answer is that hasn't changed about them at all; It's always been that way. (mostly casual/kiddy) Sure, it's easy to forget that when it's all we grew up with back then, so we never really had that mindset because at the time it wasn't an issue. All I've been trying to say all along is if Nintendo would step their game up and invest in things here and there a little more that Sony and Microsoft know best, they'd be doing everyone a huge favor, including themselves, 3rd party developers even. Nobody's asking them to take anything away from what they they do best, only to step up the work and effort which will ultimate improve our experiences in the long run, every basic element; Story/plot (if the game has 1), design, gameplay, (the controls) and presentation. (graphics and audio)

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

94. Posted:

So I dont have to read a paragraph of you talking a bunch of mumbo jumbo with no proof, just simply stating your opinion and talking in circles: What is your point?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperLink

95. Posted:

@the_title_of_the_thread Then yay. Yays for all.

Mom...Dad...I'm a Thespian

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

96. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

So I dont have to read a paragraph of you talking a bunch of mumbo jumbo with no proof, just simply stating your opinion and talking in circles: What is your point?

Uhm excuse me I have stated NUMOROUS bits of proof. it's not my fault you chose to be ignorant, not read my "paragraphs", maybe not do the homework and find out for yourself, so you only have yourself to blame. I wasn't talking in circles either; It's called personal experiences You on the other hand just talk in denial and miscomprehention, so you have no room to talk.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

97. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

So I dont have to read a paragraph of you talking a bunch of mumbo jumbo with no proof, just simply stating your opinion and talking in circles: What is your point?

Uhm excuse me I have stated NUMOROUS bits of proof. it's not my fault you chose to be ignorant, not read my "paragraphs", maybe not do the homework and find out for yourself, so you only have yourself to blame. I wasn't talking in circles either; It's called personal experiences You on the other hand just talk in denial and miscomprehention, so you have no room to talk.

Cool toy story bro. But what was your point? I mean... you do have one right?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

98. Posted:

"Cool toy story bro". Really? That just proves everything right there. Therefore there's no teaching you anything thus farther since you refuse to do your own homework.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

99. Posted:

I've done the homework. Now lets evaluate each others answers shall we?!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

100. Posted:

No, you HAVEN'T done ther hiomework (either that or you've done it ioncorrectly and failed miserably) because if you HAVE, you wouldn't be sitting here telling me how I have no proof of EVERYTHING I've cited all along. Setting aside the fact that you already told us you don't like to read paragraphs, so like I said this only proves it that much further on.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg