Wii U Forum

Topic: What if the Wii U Became the Best Console Ever?

Showing 101 to 120 of 123

AuthorMessage

Nintenzo

101. Posted:

Who's to say it won't?

Nintenzo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Akantares

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

102. Posted:

Nintenzo wrote:

Who's to say it won't?

no one

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

103. Posted:

Did somebody say Toy Story? F*** that's a good movie.

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

104. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

No, you HAVEN'T done ther hiomework (either that or you've done it ioncorrectly and failed miserably) because if you HAVE, you wouldn't be sitting here telling me how I have no proof of EVERYTHING I've cited all along. Setting aside the fact that you already told us you don't like to read paragraphs, so like I said this only proves it that much further on.

This will be the one exception.

WaveBoy wrote:

Did somebody say Toy Story? F*** that's a good movie.

That's what I said!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

105. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

Heh. No, but Mario kart Wii might as well be "almost" a direct port from the DS version.

DaveGX wrote:

I'm not saying Nintendo isn't Nintendo, but they do tend to rush a bit. How about the redesigned GameBoy Advance (SP)? The whitish light effect on the screen only makes it harder to see things, and in fact that thing is actually more breakable as to my original Nintendo DS. Somehow it came apart where the back pieces are supposed to hold it together (although it still functioned just fine), and the GameBoy Advance SP has the very same 1s, just smaller. How about the fact that the Wii itsself is only capable of running things in 480p? Why couldn't they've given it a little more time to improve on that and give it the capability to handle better? And why an infrared sensor rather than a proper camera like Sony did with the PlayStation Move controllers? You can't deny all these examples I'm giving prove that they rush things and cut corners. They simply don't know hardware like Sony is all I'm saying.

DaveGX wrote:

Lol, no i recall them saying it'd be as powerful as PlayStation 3, not 2. But yea, honestly, I see no chance of that happening mainly cause of the tablet drawpad, whatever it's gonna be called. Now, as far as the whole "laziness" thing..... Ehh, I'm 50/50 on that 1, cause if you think about it, why haven't we hardly any new IPs over the past several years? Pikmin rather failed, and the only other newest, successful 1 (that I can think of) that preceeded it, which really isn't much new anymore, would be Pokémon. The rest of all we've really seeing are classic franchises, so of course they're gonna sell cause they're what we grew up playing.

DaveGX wrote:

Well i didn't mean i was playing retro courses. I just meant I recall playing some of the very same courses with the same gameplay in Mario Kart Wii that already existed in Mario Kart DS.

DaveGX wrote:

yea, when I think new, i mean brand new, not flagship rehashes. And OK, so maybe they've come up with "a few" new 1s. But really anything that falls under the Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kirby, etc franchises really aren't what most consider new IPs. The pattern of which they release these titles is overkill because there's so many. I'm not saying they should quit making them; They need to give us more time to breathe between releases no matter which series they decide next, or even the lack of 3rd party support other audiences would like to see possible. I think when it comes down to it this is what people complain most about as opposed to "not getting them". The only reason to complain about that is because of the announcement and release rate Nintendo gives us, it's not our fault. and really, to tel ya honestly, I have no real reason to complain about when these titles come out or why they take so long. Although I do feel I have a legitimate reason to complain about how long it's taken them to realize how many of us wanted a new Kid Icarus because they seem to feel as though not enough people wanted it, or so I've read. But that obviously wasn't the case. I've been trying to get their attention about this since maybe early-mid N64, and it never even saw the light of day for a possibly GameCube release. That alone would've been a decent enough start for me.

Since I knew you weren't going to give me a reasonable answer I went ahead and literally abused the quote feature. I quoted 95% of your posts on page 4 and some on page 5 (not like I really had to...). The reason why I did only those was because those comments of yours, are relevant to mine and would have some affect on my comments and so it would clearly indicate that I have read everyone's comments from Page 4 and up, and I know what I'm talking about.

And its quite obvious you haven't cited a single link of proof backing up your "claims." Which would mean... they are indeed opinions.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Nintenzo

106. Posted:

Also, what's an IP?

Nintenzo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Akantares

AuthorMessage

DaveGX

107. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Since I knew you weren't going to give me a reasonable answer I went ahead and literally abused the quote feature. I quoted 95% of your posts on page 4 and some on page 5 (not like I really had to...). The reason why I did only those was because those comments of yours, are relevant to mine and would have some affect on my comments and so it would clearly indicate that I have read everyone's comments from Page 4 and up, and I know what I'm talking about.

And its quite obvious you haven't cited a single link of proof backing up your "claims." Which would mean... they are indeed opinions.

Yea, exactly. You "knew" NOTHING because I was in the procsss of answering, but apparently you're too impatient and stubborn. Maybe you don't DESERVE my answer since you're so quick and witty to make a response. How's that sound? Man you're so full of yourself it's not even funny. it's not all opinions it's FACT. Again, it's not MY fault you ignorant and miscomprehend things. You even said so yourself earlier in the thread what was it......something along of lines of "I'M CONFUSED" how Nintendo is lazy blah blah blah" That's pretty much all that needs to be said. Sorry, NO exceptions. You FAIL.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

108. Posted:

Nintendo is the best developer ever and everyone will kiss their feet in fear of total obliteration.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

109. Posted:

if we could keep this debate to civilized arguments instead of mudslinging and insults, I'd appreciate it. thank you!

edit: guys, I mean it, and yes, I'm deleting comments — if you've got nothing better to do than mosey on in and start poking at people, don't bother posting in this thread at all. please, let's get back on topic.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

thesmorganator

110. Posted:

Topic

Y U GET DERAILED??

anyways I doubt it will be the best system ever but I think It'll be pretty good.

currently playing: Nintendogs + catsPilotwings resortPikmin 2

games I have 100% completed

Kirby mouse attack

Link Mah Boi~

Squadalah~~ We're off!

My youtube channel

[CENTER][/CENTER]

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

111. Posted:

Nothing can't defeat the SNES...nothing. >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

112. Posted:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Yeah, I also agree, there's nothing that can't defeat it, the Genesis, the Turbografx, the Dreamcast, the list goes on...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

LittleKing

113. Posted:

If it became the 'best' console in terms of sales, and had a monopoly over console gaming... Apple would rise up and wipe them out. BWAHAHAHA. starts flame war

LittleKing

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

114. Posted:

SnoozerBear wrote:

If it became the 'best' console in terms of sales, and had a monopoly over console gaming...

Sony did that twice: PS1 and PS2

Since those systems are possibly the best-selling consoles ever (yes I know about the DS, but that's a handheld), does that make all the lesser-selling consoles a failure? It seems people hold everything else to PS1/PS2 standards, but maybe their expectations are too high? So what if we never have another 100 million-selling console again? That doesn't mean it's a failure.

My point is, the Wii U doesn't have to sell that good to be considered a success. The Xbox 360 and PS3 are not even close to 100 million sales, yet they are still successful with plenty of developer support.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

bub166

115. Posted:

Well, I'd be super happy about that job I'm hoping to get next summer.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage

John-John

116. Posted:

I want to give Kid-Crono props. :)

Anyways, yeah, uhm, I really think the Wii U will do well. Especially if Sony and Microsoft wait a while, the Wii U might be just as strong as the others, but newer. Because of that, I'm sure they'd get plenty of 3rd party support; at least, until Sony and Microsoft release their new consoles. So, yeah, all seems good.

John-John

AuthorMessage

Raylax

117. Posted:

It won't. The Game Boy Advance SP has already been made.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

John-John

118. Posted:

SuperSushiLax wrote:

It won't. The Game Boy Advance SP has already been made.

I effing loved my SP. O_O SP stands for, like, uhm, Sexy Portable. Yeah.

John-John

AuthorMessage

Cia

119. Posted:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Since it's possible to download the best SNES games to Wii, it has already been toppled ('cause the Wii has additionally it's own library, Gamecube's library and huge catalogue of retro games in VC).

Cia

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

120. Posted:

There will be a problem with WiiU, or even two problems. If it is similar to PS3/XBoX it will get some third party support for sure, but then it will have 1/100 of the game library of the other two as already existing games probably will not be ported. So, if you want an HD console, your very last option would be WiiU as you already would have tons of cheap "old" games for the other two. The second problem might happen if the WiiU is too different than the other two, then nobody will support it except for quick to develop minigames and it will be depending, again, on Nintendo's HD Marios. How to avoid these problems is hard to figure out. Might be if it becomes a quite powerful device, even able to compete with PCs. But then do not expect anything cheap, and Nintendo must be cheap to be Nintendo, cheap and way overpriced, that's the trick.

Edited on by Mandoble

Mandoble