Forums

Topic: What I want Nintendo to announce at E3.

Posts 281 to 300 of 391

LzWinky

That wouldn't be unheard of. In 2011/12 they had two presentations: one for Wii U and one for 3DS

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan wrote:

What if they did a Presentation for their big games to get the hype then had a Direct for details on those games or smaller games? We still get the hype from a presentation and the personal feeling of a Direct

I'm thinking that's exactly what they're going to do this year. The presentation is going to cover the QOL (IIRC, they've confirmed they're showing it off this year, which means we'd definitely be getting a presentation), and the highlights of their game lineup (stuff like Smash Bros, Zelda U, Miyamoto's IP, maybe some other big games like X). The stuff that's meant to grab people's attention. And then after the presentation, they invite everyone to a post presentation Direct which goes into more detail on those games as well as whatever they didn't have time to cover.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Mine01

Just give me zelda, release date for 2014 upcoming games this year, a couple of late2014/early2015 games and ill be happy.

About the QOL i think they said its not gaming related so i dont expect it at e3, but what do i know.

Mine01

3DS Friend Code: 5000-3484-9808 | Nintendo Network ID: soakedmine

Bolt_Strike

Mine01 wrote:

Just give me zelda, release date for 2014 upcoming games this year, a couple of late2014/early2015 games and ill be happy.

About the QOL i think they said its not gaming related so i dont expect it at e3, but what do i know.

Well then it's unlikely they'd have a conference then unless they change their mind about their new E3 policy. They pretty much said last year that they're not having a presentation unless they have new hardware to show off.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

CaviarMeths

Historically, Super Smash Bros. have been E3 "winners" pretty much every year we get info on them. Even last year, we didn't even get a presentation, but the internet exploded with hype over Mega Man in Smash Bros. With the 3DS version out this summer and the Wii U version slated for holiday season, I think Nintendo needs to do a presentation that heavily features Smash. Like, holy balls, use those gigantic projectors to show that HD gameplay in all of its glory.

And of course, Zelda, new announcements, more info for previously released projects like Bayonetta, X, FExSMT, Hyrule Warriors, etc, etc.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jariw

CaviarMeths wrote:

Historically, Super Smash Bros. have been E3 "winners" pretty much every year we get info on them. Even last year, we didn't even get a presentation, but the internet exploded with hype over Mega Man in Smash Bros. With the 3DS version out this summer and the Wii U version slated for holiday season, I think Nintendo needs to do a presentation that heavily features Smash. Like, holy balls, use those gigantic projectors to show that HD gameplay in all of its glory.

I think Nintendo partly produced the recent Direct about Super Smash Bros. to not have the main focus on Smash during E3. Of course, SSB will still be shown, and there might still be lots of stuff to reveal about SSB (such as Wii U-specific gaming modes).

I also think the release date for Mario Kart 8 was chosen with E3 in mind. There might be a few unlockable characters in MK8 that will be available for users of game(s) that will be announced at E3.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Socar

Mine01 wrote:

Speaking of which, shouldn't they have announced that concept by now? They did say that its to be revealed by this month.

I'd wager that Retro is either making a Metroid game or a Starfox game.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LzWinky

Mine01 wrote:

I think they'll still use it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Muyounosuke

I just want SMT x FE and yarn yoshi news then my e3 wishes will be fullfilled.

Muyounosuke

UGXwolf

I'd like to point out that we have no premise on which to assume Retro is doing anything. Metroid would be what the fans keep whining about, so that seems a likely avenue, but Retro has already proven that they do what they want, and I think it's clear that they don't want to be "that company what makes them sci-fi Nintendo Metroid-y games thing." Just putting it out there that they could be reviving another previously-considered-dead franchise, or possibly making their own IP, for a change. I really doubt Nintendo's gonna force them to do anything.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Double_Yeti

I want to know what Miyamoto and Tokyo EAD Group 1 are doing to make the Wii U gamepad a 'game changer'. If Miyamoto's new IP is some casual thing aimed at 'non-gamers', i'm going to be disappointed. Not surprised, but still annoyed.. Would like to see a commitment by Nintendo in the absence of any 3rd party support, to release a steady stream of 1st party content through 2015 and 2016..

The Wii U is pretty expensive as it is, and I guess I want to know that they plan on supporting it with software better than they have in the past.. 5 must have titles in a year and a half isn't a great return...

But game-changing IP from Miyamoto and EAD 1 that makes the gamepad core to the experience of gaming is at the top of my list....that and a new Metroid Prime related entry..

Double_Yeti

Double_Yeti

UGXwolf wrote:

I'd like to point out that we have no premise on which to assume Retro is doing anything. Metroid would be what the fans keep whining about, so that seems a likely avenue, but Retro has already proven that they do what they want, and I think it's clear that they don't want to be "that company what makes them sci-fi Nintendo Metroid-y games thing." Just putting it out there that they could be reviving another previously-considered-dead franchise, or possibly making their own IP, for a change. I really doubt Nintendo's gonna force them to do anything.

Maybe...but they are still a 1st party Nintendo studio and therefore susceptible to having their arms twisted. From what i've read, Miyamoto has internally made them a 'high priority' studio for a new Metroid on the Wii U. To me, that's as good as saying, "...once you're done with DK, you're doing Metroid!!" Retro are Nintendo's no. 1 Western developer. Metroid is a key franchise to Nintendo with popular appeal to Western audiences. I think Nintendo really want Metroid to sell Zelda or Mario type numbers, and it makes much more sense for them to pour resources into a 'known quantity' than with a totally new and unproven IP.

Edited on by Double_Yeti

Double_Yeti

WebHead

I personally think Retro is done with Metroid. Let someone else make Metroid games.

OT, also I think they'll announce whatever 3DS' big Q4 first party game is.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Andyliini

Here's what I think they could show:

Hyrule Warriors
Extended trailer & release date. Perhaps confirming more playable characters and modes. Voice acting is possible, but not given.

Zelda U
I must press that I hope this will be shown after Hyrule Warriors. If this is marvelous game (and it will be) people are pretty much glamouring the game and forget completely about Hyrule Warriors. Anyway, this game is probably just a teaser trailer, with a little more information from Aonuma himself. Target release date probably late 2015.

Sonic Boom
Both 3DS and Wii U -versions shown, and release date confirmed, coming fall 2014. Multiplayer discussed and graphical power shown. I personally feel this will look great. Big Red Button really seems to be slashing all stops on this one.

Monolith Soft's X
New story trailer, perhaps with english voice-overs. Release window confirmed, may slip into 2015, hopefully comes out late 2014.

Bayonetta 2
New trailer with release information, perhaps confirming the port of original Bayonetta coming for Wii U as downloadable title.

Everything else I want to see:
Lego City 2
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Yarn Yoshi
Miyamoto's new game
More collaborations with studio's like Platinum Games
Watch_Dogs

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

Azooooz

I (hopefully) want Nintendo to announce a cross-buy system for 3DS and Wii U, and name it " One for All".

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Blast

Andyliini wrote:

Here's what I think they could show:

Hyrule Warriors
Extended trailer & release date. Perhaps confirming more playable characters and modes. Voice acting is possible, but not given.

Zelda U
I must press that I hope this will be shown after Hyrule Warriors. If this is marvelous game (and it will be) people are pretty much glamouring the game and forget completely about Hyrule Warriors. Anyway, this game is probably just a teaser trailer, with a little more information from Aonuma himself. Target release date probably late 2015.

Sonic Boom
Both 3DS and Wii U -versions shown, and release date confirmed, coming fall 2014. Multiplayer discussed and graphical power shown. I personally feel this will look great. Big Red Button really seems to be slashing all stops on this one.

Monolith Soft's X
New story trailer, perhaps with english voice-overs. Release window confirmed, may slip into 2015, hopefully comes out late 2014.

Bayonetta 2
New trailer with release information, perhaps confirming the port of original Bayonetta coming for Wii U as downloadable title.

Everything else I want to see:
Lego City 2
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Yarn Yoshi
Miyamoto's new game
More collaborations with studio's like Platinum Games
Watch_Dogs

Wow. I totally agree with that.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

RedDevilAde

Never going to happen, but Nintendo to announce they have purchased the rights to Banjo-Kazooie from Microsoft and are handing the duties to Retro to make Banjo-Threeie

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

LzWinky

RedDevilAde wrote:

Never going to happen, but Nintendo to announce they have purchased the rights to Banjo-Kazooie from Microsoft and are handing the duties to Retro to make Banjo-Threeie

I'll admit this is very optimistic

retropunky

These aren't games in general, just updates and changes to make the Wii U a better experience.

• Cross buy system
  • Wii U to Wii U system transfer
  • N64 Wii U VC arrival
  • Wii mode VC games playable with the gamepad

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.