Wii U Forum

Topic: What I want Nintendo to announce at E3.

Showing 281 to 300 of 408

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

281. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

The only reason anyone outside e3 wants a press conference is because of their nostalgia. Directs can be just as effective as a press conference for our benefit.

And because of hype. Press conferences tend to be more exciting and high energy.

Well with Press Conferences the Press normally get special treatment so they want to talk about it more. With Directs everyone is treated the same so Press (i am guessing) think we all got the same experience watching the Direct so if we are interested watch that... I prefer Directs but whatever

I think for the purposes of hype presentations do work better. Nintendo Directs really don't build as much suspense and thus excitement as a full presentation. And like the others said, the press will cover a presentation a lot more.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveSquid

282. Posted:

Look, the world is full of beautiful things and beautiful games, but it's Zelda this year, nothing tops any E3 list more. It's Zelda in HD from the ground up. That is all.

WiiULoveSquid

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

283. Posted:

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

Look, the world is full of beautiful things and beautiful games, but it's Zelda this year, nothing tops any E3 list more. It's Zelda in HD from the ground up. That is all.

Smash Bros! And Star Fox, Metroid, and all the other lesser series that aren't as good as Zelda ;)

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

284. Posted:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

Oh, man... If Nintendo teases a Starfox game for Wii U.....

I WOULD LITERALLY START CRYING TEARS OF JOY.

Right there with you

Haha I would start crying and kissing my Wii U or 3DS so much. :)

Right there with ;) *wonk

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

285. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

The only reason anyone outside e3 wants a press conference is because of their nostalgia. Directs can be just as effective as a press conference for our benefit.

And because of hype. Press conferences tend to be more exciting and high energy.

Well with Press Conferences the Press normally get special treatment so they want to talk about it more. With Directs everyone is treated the same so Press (i am guessing) think we all got the same experience watching the Direct so if we are interested watch that... I prefer Directs but whatever

I think for the purposes of hype presentations do work better. Nintendo Directs really don't build as much suspense and thus excitement as a full presentation. And like the others said, the press will cover a presentation a lot more.

i completely agree, i just prefer Directs. I would rather get my news straight from a company rather from a bias news site... no offense to NintendoLife, i love this site

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveSquid

286. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

Smash Bros! And Star Fox, Metroid, and all the other lesser series that aren't as good as Zelda ;)

The answer to every question ever asked in every Nintendo forum can always be distilled down to Metroid Star Fox F-Zero (Earthbound, but Iwata threw them a bone last year) lol :)

WiiULoveSquid

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

287. Posted:

@DefHalan: But you can watch a presentation like a Direct...

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Tops

288. Posted:

Directs feel more personal, as I think they're meant to on some level. But I think a big presentation is the way to go at this year's E3. That way they can use it's momentum to their advantage and cater to the press, which they need to do (as much as I hate saying it).

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

289. Posted:

Yeah, Nintendo Direct would've been ok some years, but since last year E3 actually felt like it mattered again, I want Nintendo to be exciting. Like Nintendo's success is potentially partially just because their better E3 presentations get you excited for their products. You're like "YEAH, LOOK AT THAT, I WANNA PLAY IT NOW"

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

290. Posted:

I think Nintendo has the material to do a full-on presentation. The question is if they can justify the cost to their board of directors.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

What a horrible night for a curse...

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

291. Posted:

What if they did a Presentation for their big games to get the hype then had a Direct for details on those games or smaller games? We still get the hype from a presentation and the personal feeling of a Direct

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

292. Posted:

That wouldn't be unheard of. In 2011/12 they had two presentations: one for Wii U and one for 3DS

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

293. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

What if they did a Presentation for their big games to get the hype then had a Direct for details on those games or smaller games? We still get the hype from a presentation and the personal feeling of a Direct

I'm thinking that's exactly what they're going to do this year. The presentation is going to cover the QOL (IIRC, they've confirmed they're showing it off this year, which means we'd definitely be getting a presentation), and the highlights of their game lineup (stuff like Smash Bros, Zelda U, Miyamoto's IP, maybe some other big games like X). The stuff that's meant to grab people's attention. And then after the presentation, they invite everyone to a post presentation Direct which goes into more detail on those games as well as whatever they didn't have time to cover.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Mine01

294. Posted:

Just give me zelda, release date for 2014 upcoming games this year, a couple of late2014/early2015 games and ill be happy.

About the QOL i think they said its not gaming related so i dont expect it at e3, but what do i know.

Mine01

3DS Friend Code: 5000-3484-9808 | Nintendo Network ID: soakedmine

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

295. Posted:

Mine01 wrote:

Just give me zelda, release date for 2014 upcoming games this year, a couple of late2014/early2015 games and ill be happy.

About the QOL i think they said its not gaming related so i dont expect it at e3, but what do i know.

Well then it's unlikely they'd have a conference then unless they change their mind about their new E3 policy. They pretty much said last year that they're not having a presentation unless they have new hardware to show off.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

CaviarMeths

296. Posted:

Historically, Super Smash Bros. have been E3 "winners" pretty much every year we get info on them. Even last year, we didn't even get a presentation, but the internet exploded with hype over Mega Man in Smash Bros. With the 3DS version out this summer and the Wii U version slated for holiday season, I think Nintendo needs to do a presentation that heavily features Smash. Like, holy balls, use those gigantic projectors to show that HD gameplay in all of its glory.

And of course, Zelda, new announcements, more info for previously released projects like Bayonetta, X, FExSMT, Hyrule Warriors, etc, etc.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage

jariw

297. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Historically, Super Smash Bros. have been E3 "winners" pretty much every year we get info on them. Even last year, we didn't even get a presentation, but the internet exploded with hype over Mega Man in Smash Bros. With the 3DS version out this summer and the Wii U version slated for holiday season, I think Nintendo needs to do a presentation that heavily features Smash. Like, holy balls, use those gigantic projectors to show that HD gameplay in all of its glory.

I think Nintendo partly produced the recent Direct about Super Smash Bros. to not have the main focus on Smash during E3. Of course, SSB will still be shown, and there might still be lots of stuff to reveal about SSB (such as Wii U-specific gaming modes).

I also think the release date for Mario Kart 8 was chosen with E3 in mind. There might be a few unlockable characters in MK8 that will be available for users of game(s) that will be announced at E3.

Edited on by jariw

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Project CARS, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

Artwark

298. Posted:

Mine01 wrote:

Speaking of which, shouldn't they have announced that concept by now? They did say that its to be revealed by this month.

I'd wager that Retro is either making a Metroid game or a Starfox game.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

299. Posted:

Mine01 wrote:

I think they'll still use it.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Muyounosuke

300. Posted:

I just want SMT x FE and yarn yoshi news then my e3 wishes will be fullfilled.

Muyounosuke