Forums

Topic: What I want Nintendo to announce at E3.

Posts 121 to 140 of 391

LasermasterA

Chriiis wrote:

Not going to go with the more obvious possibilities.

• Next Golden Sun (for 3DS) along with Isaac for Smash Bros.

Yes!!! Totally support it. As I have previously said, we need a new Golden Sun to cover the cliffhanger with Isaac representing the series once more, in the GS game as well as in Smash Bros. Isaac could have been playable in Smash Bros. Brawl but even now it is not too late to finally give Golden Sun, their best RPG game on GBA more recognition.

Nintendo fan, with a taste for all genres! Monster Hunter for the win!

Oh and Isaac for Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS!

open

Oubie wrote:

If Zelda is not released this year, which other new game will fill that triple A blockbuster gap?
I get that Super Smash Bros. is a blockbuster title and people will enjoy it for endless hours
I know X will provide that.
Bayonetta 2, Yoshi Wii U, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, Hyrule Warriors, Sonic Boom could (AND MUST!!!) be great titles but they don't get the mainstream exposure like a Mario or Zelda.

</blockquote>

Man are you crazy?? You ask what could fill the AAA holiday spot then continue to list 7 titles!

Also not taking into account any games we don't know of yet. Also not taking into account multi plat 3rd party games.

You seem like you expect Nintendo to release a new Mario or Zelda every year. If they even would release one of these in 2014 (which they definitely won't) what would you get next year?

Edited on by open

NNID: openrob

skywake

@ the "sitting on IP" comment from the previous page.........

Worth noting that the last Donkey Kong Country game before DKCR came out in 1996. Lots of reasons for that but it was still a 14 year gap. Also we laugh at New Super Mario Bros now but New Super Mario Bros on the DS was the first 2D Mario game since Super Mario Land 2 in 1992, again 14 years. Pikmin 3 slightly less old, first new Pikmin game in 9 years. Mario Golf/Tennis are at 10 and 7 years respectively since between their last release and their newest versions. Then also the previously mentioned Punchout and Kid Icarus.

So Nintendo are ignoring their older IP are they? Because they haven't released a Metroid game since Other M in 2010? Because they've taken ten years to do a new F-Zero? We're just ignoring entirely all of the other IP revival surgery they've done over the last 10 years are we?

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SofaKing

I believe Nintendo will announce their line up for their non wearables and possibly some games to go with their "Quality of Life" module. We all know that they will announce the new Zelda title. As for a wish list, well, here is what i would like to see:

• Metroid
  • Online interaction improvements with a summer system update
    A) A better notification system to show when a friend gets online and when a new message has been received as well as a better way to know when someone is trying to call you.
    B) The ability to join in on a game with your friends.
    C) NNID profile improvements
    D) A trophy or achievement system of some kind
    E) Ability to sync a second gamepad and the gamepad to sold at stores.
  • A big crowd stopping moment that will bring major attention to Nintendo, this could be anything. I'd like to see:
    A) Merger with or buying of a certain game dev..... ...... .. .

Edited on by SofaKing

Nintendo Network ID: Mitsudude

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

The more interesting question is how Nintendo will present third E3. Last years direct was pretty bad for hype and presentation.

I'd like them to do a Nintendo Direct Live and go back to being bombastic. Both of the previous E3s were pretty bad. Maybe look at what Microsoft and Sony did last year.

IRONICALLY... IGN put out a video PRAISING Nintendo about how they handled E3 last year...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

skywake

The thing about last year's E3 is that any other year looking at just the games announced Nintendo would have wiped the floor. The problem was that people knew about most of the major games Nintendo was going to announce ahead of time and they were up against new-console hype. If they handled last year's E3 well it was by not trying to be in that game.

It wasn't like the previous years where they came out with something mind-blowing like Wii Sports was or an orchestra playing music to a "Zelda 25th" banner. It was decent and it was probably the right approach. It wasn't "efwuhfuhweufhweuhfuwehfuiwehfweufwe buy Wii U NOW!!" like previous big E3s.

Spagem

Zelda U and Midna in SSB4. Please.

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

LzWinky

GuSilverFlame wrote:

yup, but they neglect the good IPs from the ancient Nintendo times and those half baked ones too(except Urban Champion that thing is holy to Nintendo so much that they keep re-releasing it while avoiding to make any significant changes or rebooting because holy Urban Champion is the perfect game that needs no improvement )

Like what? In most cases, the franchises just died out and there really aren't enough fans to justify a revival

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Falkor

skywake wrote:

@ the "sitting on IP" comment from the previous page.........

Worth noting that the last Donkey Kong Country game before DKCR came out in 1996. Lots of reasons for that but it was still a 14 year gap. Also we laugh at New Super Mario Bros now but New Super Mario Bros on the DS was the first 2D Mario game since Super Mario Land 2 in 1992, again 14 years. Pikmin 3 slightly less old, first new Pikmin game in 9 years. Mario Golf/Tennis are at 10 and 7 years respectively since between their last release and their newest versions. Then also the previously mentioned Punchout and Kid Icarus.

So Nintendo are ignoring their older IP are they? Because they haven't released a Metroid game since Other M in 2010? Because they've taken ten years to do a new F-Zero? We're just ignoring entirely all of the other IP revival surgery they've done over the last 10 years are we?

Could not have said it better myself. It seems to me that most of these complaints about Nintendo 'ignoring' their IPs are coming from younger people who haven't experienced the gap in entries like older Nintendo fans have. There was about a ten year gap between Super Metroid and Prime, not to mention the ones you pointed out.

When I sit close to the stage, sometimes I get sweat or spit on me from the Runaway Five.

Nintendo Network ID: nickdakota

SG9000

Unca_Lz wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

yup, but they neglect the good IPs from the ancient Nintendo times and those half baked ones too(except Urban Champion that thing is holy to Nintendo so much that they keep re-releasing it while avoiding to make any significant changes or rebooting because holy Urban Champion is the perfect game that needs no improvement )

Like what? In most cases, the franchises just died out and there really aren't enough fans to justify a revival

What about a Nintendo Land sequel featurig minigames from dead or less popular franchises? They already did Game & Watch, F-Zero, Metroid and Takamaru on the first one, so why not?

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

skywake

Falkor wrote:

Could not have said it better myself. It seems to me that most of these complaints about Nintendo 'ignoring' their IPs are coming from younger people who haven't experienced the gap in entries like older Nintendo fans have. There was about a ten year gap between Super Metroid and Prime, not to mention the ones you pointed out.

There are even better examples than these. There was eight years between Mario 64 and Sunshine, there were six years between LttP and OoT and five between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. So even their system sellers and cash cows have fairly long gaps from time to time. The wait for a new Metriod hasn't been very long at all. When it blows out to ten years then people can start complaining, when it goes over 14 then start talking about how it has been forgotten.

Edited on by skywake

cherry_ds

1.New Zelda Wii U

2.Pokemon Gen 3 remakes

3.Some release dates for wii U games

cherry_ds

Twitter:

SG9000

SSB4 release date (they can only say the month, as long as we have something about it)

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

CanisWolfred

In Metroid's case, for better or for worse, a lot of fans seem to think Other M doesn't count because it sucked, so in their mind, there's been 6 years since the last new Metroid game.

Personally, I'd rather Metroid lie dormant for the next 6 or 7 years, until we've all forgotten what Other M even was...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Nintenjoe64

If they don't announce free ice cream for all I am going to be devastated.

My wishes:
Zelda U - gameplay
Metroid Prime U - gameplay and online mp confirmed
One gamecube remake per month
X confirmed for Xmas
Hyrule Warriors to be good!
Mario Kart DLC of all previous tracks if not already included in MK8
RE0-3/CV remake. Remade in modern style with difficulty, ammo limits and puzzles intact from originals

My expectations:
70% 3DS games
All previously announced Wii U games (that still exist) shown off in some form
SNES Remix
Zelda U - 4 photos
N64 games for VC or some more remakes announced

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

Yoshi

Announcements at E3 this year

• A Paper Mario game for Wii U with gameplay returning to the roots of the first two Paper Mario games
  • Miyamoto's new IP will be announced
  • A Zelda U trailer with anticipated release in mid 2015
  • Animal Crossing for Wii U
  • More SSB4 footage with a release window
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 will still be MIA in North America

What will be announced before E3 (around April or early May)

• The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  • In addition, more details on Hyrule Warriors, with official name and release window
  • N64 games on the Wii U VC, GameCube to come later this year
  • GBA games on the 3DS VC, possibly during the summer, with ambassador games as well.
  • Any and all information that will increase the hype for E3 in June.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

cherry_ds

CanisWolfred wrote:

In Metroid's case, for better or for worse, a lot of fans seem to think Other M doesn't count because it sucked, so in their mind, there's been 6 years since the last new Metroid game.

Personally, I'd rather Metroid lie dormant for the next 6 or 7 years, until we've all forgotten what Other M even was...

Other M was my fav tbh. I don't get all the hate. Sure it was not like Prime but at the same time Prime was not like the others

cherry_ds

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Prime was more like the other Metroids than Other M. It's gameplay may have been different, but it kept to the same structure, story, and atmosphere. Other M may as well have not been a Metroid game at all. It's like Star Fox Adventures all over again.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CrazyOtto

MY WISHES:

• Multiplayer for Game Boy and Game Boy Color games of 3DS VC
  • WarioWare 3DS
  • Clubhouse Games Deluxe for 3DS
  • Photo Dojo 2 for 3DS
  • An improved Pac-Man VS for 3DS and/or Wii U
  • A new Fortune Street for 3DS and/or Wii U

MY EXPECTATIONS:

• A new VC system announcement
  • Zelda U, Animal Crossing U, Paper Mario U, and Mario Party 10 announced for Wii U
  • Release windows for Bayonetta 2, X, Smash, and Hyrule Warriors
  • Multiple new announcements for Smash
  • SNES Remix and/or Game Boy Remix
  • The third big Wii U update

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.