Wii U Forum

Topic: What I do and don't like about Wii U

Showing 1 to 20 of 129

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nitendnut

1. Posted:

What I don't like about Wii U:

I can't play GameCube games (Yeah I know, Gamecube is two consoles backward, but I think it rocked :-)
I won't be able to use my Wavebirds :-(
I don't like that I will have to pay $300 or more for Wii U

What I do like about Wii U:

HD graphics Halieghlieuya!
The U controller
The Wii Backwards compatibility
That Wii U uses regular Wiimotes as controllers
That Wii U won't use that silly sensor bar.

Edited on by Nitendnut

Nitendnut

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

2. Posted:

What I don't like, no must have games as yet revealed to me anyway, too many ports and unlikely to include a harddrive but think you can at least get one separately from what I understand, what I do like.... I'll get back to you on that one.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nitendnut

3. Posted:

Interesting...no hard drive on Wii U? That is no good. They better give me some fair on board storage for those kind of bucks!

Edited on by Nitendnut

Nitendnut

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

4. Posted:

lol how about waiting till it's released..

There's not much point in saying what speculation we like and dislike, especially so far from the release date. There's still a lot of things we don't know.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

5. Posted:

What I like
The Wii U GamePad
The upcoming epic games
The system as a whole

What I don't like
How it isn't backwards compatible to GCN, but I'm keeping my Wii anyway
It can only support 2 GamePads
It probably won't get all of the awesome PS360 titles of this generation

I still want it Day 1 though.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CorporalPegasus

6. Posted:

Wow people really still expect GC support?
But yeah @alexsays is right i cant really tell what i like or hate about it when its not even out.

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HiroshiYamauchi

7. Posted:

Nitendnut wrote:

That Wii U won't use that silly sensor bar.

What?! Of course the Wii U will use one!

HiroshiYamauchi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

8. Posted:

It doesn't have any good games, that should be the main reason not to like it.
Its only getting games that have already been out, or will be out soon on other console.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

9. Posted:

I like the idea behind it and Nintendo's philosophy of "Better Together".

I don't like how this hardware will be outdated and Nintendo will be a generation behind again, graphically speaking, the second that the PS4 and 720 are unveiled. Oh, and the launch line-up isn't very exciting.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

10. Posted:

LeCorporal wrote:

Wow people really still expect GC support?
But yeah @alexsays is right i cant really tell what i like or hate about it when its not even out.

I don't expect GCN support. I just think it would have been a nice thing to have. Here's hoping for GCN VC though...

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

11. Posted:

I like how comfortable it is to play games on. That touch screen is stunning and innovative and games really are more fun with it.

There's nothing not to like about it. It has to be experienced to be believed. It's the greatest console ever.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

12. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

I like how comfortable it is to play games on. That touch screen is stunning and innovative and games really are more fun with it.

There's nothing not to like about it. It has to be experienced to be believed. It's the greatest console ever.

Thought you were serious for a millisecond there.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

13. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

There's nothing not to like about it. It has to be experienced to be believed. It's the greatest console ever.

What bet did you lose?

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

14. Posted:

Nitendnut wrote:

Halieghlieuya!

[/div]

I bet you if you say that outloud three times you'll call Ktulu.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

15. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Nitendnut wrote:

Halieghlieuya!

[/div]

I bet you if you say that outloud three times you'll call Kthulu.

Cthulhu, dear Mickey.

(and it doesn't work, I tried :()

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

16. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

Cthulhu, dear Mickey.

Not according to Metallica. :P

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

17. Posted:

What I like:
1) Nintendo games in HD goodness
2) More traditional controller
3) Better online infrastructure

What I don't like:
1) Asymmetric gameplay sounds stupid (and a way for Nintendo to cover up the fact that only one player can use a contoller)
2) May be a Wii story waiting to happen again (except more people were way more excited for the Wii)
3) Waiting 30 mins. to receive messages since We're going to be monitored by Big Brother.
4) I won't be able to get it because nursing classes are going to stop me from being a gamer in general.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

18. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

Cthulhu, dear Mickey.

[/div]

Not according to Metallica. :P

You're right. Let's take the word of drug-addled rock stars over the dude that invented the character :P

In all seriousness, that would solve a lot of problems in the world if we did this. Someone elect Keith Richards to presidency, please.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

19. Posted:

mamp wrote:

What I don't like:
1) Asymmetric gameplay sounds stupid (and a way for Nintendo to cover up the fact that only one player can use a contoller)
2) May be a Wii story waiting to happen again (except more people were way more excited for the Wii)
3) Waiting 30 mins. to receive messages since We're going to be monitored by Big Brother.
4) I won't be able to get it because nursing classes are going to stop me from being a gamer in general.

1) Nintendo has confirmed multiple tablet controllers. Also, dunno about everyone else, but Asymmetric Gameplay sounds fun, especially from all the hands-ons I've read.
3) People are still confused about the delay; what it applies to.
4)I hate that about Nintendo's hardware.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

20. Posted:

@TysonQ7
5) By multiple you mean 2 and only if someone brings their controller over since you won't be able to buy a Wii U controller because Nintendo doesn't want to sell them because they're too expensive.
(late addition to my list)

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657