Forums

Topic: What GC VC games could look like if they were upscaled to 1080p

Posts 141 to 152 of 152

scrubbyscum999

I think you guys maybe need to make the pics bigger, I could see how someone who doesn't have that good of vision can't see much of a difference. The pics are a bit on the tiny side.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

moomoo

Trainer_DJ wrote:

I think you guys maybe need to make the pics bigger, I could see how someone who doesn't have that good of vision can't see much of a difference. The pics are a bit on the tiny side.

If his vision was that bad then he needs glasses. If he can't see the difference, then I'd question how he plays video games, since vision is kind of necessary to play most games.
And yes, I'm aware of the guy who plays games like COD with his face.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

GameLord08

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

The platform is silver in one and grey in another? The enemy is dark blue in one and light blue in the other?

[/div]

Smoother pixelling. Better lighting. Sharper colours. A different and incomparably detailed background.

Go ahead and tell me you can't notice these differences in particular now. I f---ing dare you.

Edited on by GameLord08

GameLord08

irken004

The only real way to compare it other than with tiny screenshots is to see the shots in actual size.

You'd know the difference if you played a PS3 in 360 with the standard av cable vs in 1080p with an HDMI cable. The difference is huge

kyuubikid213

I can see the difference between SD and HD on the Mighty Switch Force example, but the art direction in both look amazing. The SD version has a retro look to the graphics whereas the HD one seems more futuristic.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

The stage is different?

Untitled
I finally learned how to do this!

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Hokori

Sorry if I think BOTH images looks sharp and crisp

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

theblackdragon

actually, i think i may know what the problem is — he's looking at the images as they are on this page, and they've been downsized, so the compression leaves them both looking very similar.

@Otaku: Right-click the first image, then choose 'View Image' (or the option in your particular browser of choice that allows you to view the image itself apart from the page it's on). Make sure the image is at 100% resolution, and take a good look at it — notice how wobbly the outlines around all the sprites are? the fuzzy, washed-out look in general, especially the background and the shading in general? Now go back and do the same for the second image, right-click/View Image/make sure it's at 100%. Notice how smooth all the outlines are now, how crisp the cel-shaded style is? how you can see deeply into the distance in the background? That's what they're trying to explain to you.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Hokori

Ok thanks TBD I see it now, but I still don't think it'll make gameplay better, but we'll see once the WiiU comes out and I can have a biased opinion by saying OMG Nintendo did it so now I think HD is ultra great because I'm a Nintendo fanboy like that JK I'd try PS3 if they weren't 3rd party games that I want

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

GameLord08

WaveBoy wrote:

if Wii U games were native 1080p i'd take a 60" in a heart beat.

Batman: Arkham City and one other game (I forget which) have been said to run natively in 1080p on the Wii U. Could be a good sign.

GameLord08

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

but a 50"- 56" basically kicks it up a notch x10 and makes the experience far more grand, awe-worthy, exciting and flat out amazing. Still undecided if i want to go with a 50", 56 or 60" HDTV once the Wii U hits. if Wii U games were native 1080p i'd take a 60" in a heart beat.

Go 60 Wave. When you are watching those underwater 3D fishies on your 60" 3D plasma to pass away the winter blues you will be be as happy as beach combing Mikey in Tahiti!
Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.