Wii U Forum

Topic: What GC VC games could look like if they were upscaled to 1080p

Showing 161 to 167 of 167

AuthorMessage

Hokori

161. Posted:

Ok thanks TBD I see it now, but I still don't think it'll make gameplay better, but we'll see once the WiiU comes out and I can have a biased opinion by saying OMG Nintendo did it so now I think HD is ultra great :D because I'm a Nintendo fanboy like that :D JK I'd try PS3 if they weren't 3rd party games that I want

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

162. Posted:

@LordOtakWiiU Here ya go bud!
Here's a more size appropriate screen shot showing off the HD in all of it's glory. But even this
screen isn't 1280x720 or 1920x1080 if the game is in fact 1080p. Either way don't judge
those tiny compressed images, always make sure the screen shot is actually 1280x720 or 1080p, even then
the game tends to look more impressive in person. ;)
3DS - Note, MSF looks even more impressive in person since the 3D effect makes the image look more sharp, crisp and clean.
Untitled

Wii U
Untitled

Compare a 1920x1080p PS3 screen shot of Rayman Origins to a 480p Wii screen shot and i'm sure you'll beable to
tell the difference. If not, it's time to take a funky trip down to the optomotrist! :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

163. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

I still don't think it'll make gameplay better

Still completely missing the point I see.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

164. Posted:

On my plasma, with the Wii properly set to 4:3 using an HDMI connection with the PQ set just right,
the experience at least visually compared to my tube tv is quite striking....It does in fact make the game more fun,
immersive, engrossing, the works. Progressive Scan, playing on a flat screen and HDMI(Brighter picture. Sharper,crisp and cleaner visuals with more depth to he image)alone make a huge difference. but if there's any sort of input lag like in my case that's noticable the experience is hindered. Anyways, going from a 42" to a 50-56" is like opening the doors to a whole new world of gaming. Large = More immersive. I know I know, proper viewing distance obviously matters and on a 42" it can still be great when sitting at that proper distance.

but a 50"- 56" basically kicks it up a notch x10 and makes the experience far more grand, awe-worthy, exciting and flat out amazing. Still undecided if i want to go with a 50", 56 or 60" HDTV once the Wii U hits. if Wii U games were native 1080p i'd take a 60" in a heart beat.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

165. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

if Wii U games were native 1080p i'd take a 60" in a heart beat.

Batman: Arkham City and one other game (I forget which) have been said to run natively in 1080p on the Wii U. Could be a good sign.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

Ryno

166. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

but a 50"- 56" basically kicks it up a notch x10 and makes the experience far more grand, awe-worthy, exciting and flat out amazing. Still undecided if i want to go with a 50", 56 or 60" HDTV once the Wii U hits. if Wii U games were native 1080p i'd take a 60" in a heart beat.

Go 60 Wave. When you are watching those underwater 3D fishies on your 60" 3D plasma to pass away the winter blues you will be be as happy as beach combing Mikey in Tahiti!
Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

167. Posted:

@Rynooby

lmao, that action figure is killer! :p I've never even heard of Beachcombin Mike before, looks like another TMNT action figure i'll be checking out in the near Ebay shoppalopin' future. B-) I'm down to either last years Panasonic 60" ST30 or this years Samsung 60" E550. I've got 4 months to decide, and to save my Mushroom kingdom coins, and it's got to be 3D. I'm ALL for the technology, too bad it's gotten the Wii U nintendo shaft....Wonder if Nintendo will still support the techy' like they previously mentioned months ago. Any Bluray 3D recommendations? I'm going to get Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline and those other underwater 3D adventure Imax films in 3D, yet i hear Disney's Beautiy and the beast is outstanding in 3D. :D

@Gamelord

Ahhh, well I'll most likely be passing on Batman knowing me, but it's nice to hear that it supports 1080p. I'm sure many WiiUWare titles will in fact be 1080p with a few Wii U retail titles here and there. Like i said, I'm just worried if 720p Wii U content would look worse on a 60 in comparison to a 50"... 1080p will look amazing no doubt, so there's no worries there. Bah, i'm guessing at 12 feet away from a 60" 720p will still look absolutely killer. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy