Wii U Forum

Topic: What GC VC games could look like if they were upscaled to 1080p

Showing 141 to 160 of 167

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

141. Posted:

Using a good HDMI Adapter for the wii in comparison to component is quite the step up
i must say. SSB Brawl looked pretty damn amazing
on my 42" Panasonic Plasma.

Judging by 4:3/full screen because for the millionth time wii games look
a lot better in their normal 640x480 aspect ratio, the hdmi cable provided a brighter picture,
and PQ was more crisp,clear and the details seemed more pronounced and it was almost
like the picture had a bit more depth to it. Maxing the sharpness out on my TV and setting
it accordingly made my Wii games look absolutely phenomenal. :D gorgeous looking stuff...Metroid Prime 3,
Super Mario galaxy, Kirby's Epic Yarn ect ect.

The downside to this particular hdmi adapter is that even though it makes the colors richer, some of them are innacurate...it turns greens to a limey green color
and there is a ton of green color crushing going on, plus certain types of blues appear purpilish. ya, you
can knock down the color in PQ settings but the green crushing only goes away once the colors look
washed out and that just doesn't fly with me. But eh, I'm back to my 32" Tube tv because i can't
deal with the 2+ frames of input lag that my Panasonic has going on....Breaks the experience for me, which
is a shame because it provides one hell of an amazing picture...Tube TV looks good via component,
but it doesn't have progressive scan, a flat screen, as good as a color gamut 'or' hdmi connection resultings in a good but not 'amazing' picture that my panny easily provides. :p

Still need to find a 50" 1 frame/16ms-24ms capable set. I've got two in mind, and i have 4 months until the Wii U
hits so there's no real rush...yet. XP

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

142. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

No, well I know muramas and mudds, and mighty switch force and castlevania are probably not HD, IDK about the others

You cant tell the difference
Untitled
Untitled

Always found ir funny how its only nintendo fans who cant see HD and downplay graphical improvements.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Hokori

143. Posted:

The stage is different?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Aviator

144. Posted:

Look at the enemy with spikes. Look at the detail in whatever the character is standing on.

Compare.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Hokori

145. Posted:

The platform is silver in one and grey in another? The enemy is dark blue in one and light blue in the other?

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

pikku

146. Posted:

Untitled

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Bankai

147. Posted:

I really need an image of Chuck Norris facepalming to even begin to describe the turn this thread has taken.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

moomoo

148. Posted:

You know, there's a difference between not caring about HD (which I get), then refusing to accept its prescence. I don't know how you can't see the HD in the second MIghty Switch Force pic.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Hokori

149. Posted:

All I see is different colors for the pics, like little barly noticeable color changes

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

Bankai

150. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

All I see is different colors for the pics, like little barly noticeable color changes

You are in desperate need of an optometrist. Giving you the benefit of the doubt here, and assuming that you're not the most stubborn Nintendo fanboy on the Internet (props for sheer dedication if you are), if you genuinely cannot see the difference between SD and HD, then you quite genuinely have a vision problem than needs to be seen to.

And I say that in all seriousness. Eye health is really not something a gamer wants to ignore.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Hokori

151. Posted:

Seeing the 3DS version as a sharp image as well as the WiiU version as a sharp image both look great to me

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

152. Posted:

He is obviously playing with you all... It's the oldest of troll tricks.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

scrubbyscum999

153. Posted:

I think you guys maybe need to make the pics bigger, I could see how someone who doesn't have that good of vision can't see much of a difference. The pics are a bit on the tiny side.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage

moomoo

154. Posted:

Trainer_DJ wrote:

I think you guys maybe need to make the pics bigger, I could see how someone who doesn't have that good of vision can't see much of a difference. The pics are a bit on the tiny side.

If his vision was that bad then he needs glasses. If he can't see the difference, then I'd question how he plays video games, since vision is kind of necessary to play most games.
And yes, I'm aware of the guy who plays games like COD with his face.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

155. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

The platform is silver in one and grey in another? The enemy is dark blue in one and light blue in the other?

[/div]

Smoother pixelling. Better lighting. Sharper colours. A different and incomparably detailed background.

Go ahead and tell me you can't notice these differences in particular now. I f---ing dare you.

Edited on by GameLord08

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

irken004

156. Posted:

The only real way to compare it other than with tiny screenshots is to see the shots in actual size.

You'd know the difference if you played a PS3 in 360 with the standard av cable vs in 1080p with an HDMI cable. The difference is huge :o

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

157. Posted:

I can see the difference between SD and HD on the Mighty Switch Force example, but the art direction in both look amazing. The SD version has a retro look to the graphics whereas the HD one seems more futuristic.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

158. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

The stage is different?

Untitled
I finally learned how to do this!

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

Hokori

159. Posted:

Sorry if I think BOTH images looks sharp and crisp

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

160. Posted:

actually, i think i may know what the problem is — he's looking at the images as they are on this page, and they've been downsized, so the compression leaves them both looking very similar.

@Otaku: Right-click the first image, then choose 'View Image' (or the option in your particular browser of choice that allows you to view the image itself apart from the page it's on). Make sure the image is at 100% resolution, and take a good look at it — notice how wobbly the outlines around all the sprites are? the fuzzy, washed-out look in general, especially the background and the shading in general? Now go back and do the same for the second image, right-click/View Image/make sure it's at 100%. Notice how smooth all the outlines are now, how crisp the cel-shaded style is? how you can see deeply into the distance in the background? That's what they're trying to explain to you.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon