Wii U Forum

Topic: What GC VC games could look like if they were upscaled to 1080p

Showing 1 to 20 of 167

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

1. Posted:

Make sure to watch the video in 1080p of course!

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Hokori

2. Posted:

Still can't see the HD, oh well :) that's a good thing

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

3. Posted:

...You can't see the difference?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

4. Posted:

Real men play F-ZeroGX

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

5. Posted:

Pay no attention to Otaku. He, like most nintendo fanboys, are so blinded by the shades of their fanboyism that as far as they're concerned, higher resolution does nothing at all. I don't know about you, but after playing crisp HD games on my PS3 for a long time, it takes hours to get used to the blurriness of games like Xenoblade running on my 42" Sony Bravia.

I just ranted about this in a thread yesterday, but sadly the TC deleted it.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Hokori

6. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Pay no attention to Otaku. He, like most nintendo fanboys, are so blinded by the shades of their fanboyism that as far as they're concerned, higher resolution does nothing at all. I don't know about you, but after playing crisp HD games on my PS3 for a long time, it takes hours to get used to the blurriness of games like Xenoblade running on my 42" Sony Bravia.

Funny seeing how I've seen wiiU pics and still can't see :P if I were a fanboy I'd say OMG NIntendo knows how to do HD right and the WiiU is the only HD that I can tell the difference, but that is NOT the case, I can't even see it in NSMBU or Pikmin 3 or on the "HD" version of TP

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

7. Posted:

Okay. Continue living in your ignorance.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't look better. Because it does.
Guess you can just take my word for it, since you're unable to see yourself.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8. Posted:

Uh, not to take a side or anything, but Pikmin 3 and NSMBU are basically Wii games. Pikmin 3 was suppose to be for the Wii in the first place. So those 2 are definitely not the best way to show off HD.
But yes, HD does make a difference.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Hokori

9. Posted:

I guess I'll see once I play something that shows HD, but even then I've seen MGS4 and Halo3 and didn't change anything for me

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

10. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

[/div]

Funny seeing how I've seen wiiU pics and still can't see :P if I were a fanboy I'd say OMG NIntendo knows how to do HD right and the WiiU is the only HD that I can tell the difference, but that is NOT the case, I can't even see it in NSMBU or Pikmin 3 or on the "HD" version of TP

I'd bet a million coins that you don't have an HD monitor.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

Hokori

11. Posted:

SuperSonic95 wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

IPad, but still Ive not seen the HD in the games for PS3 I've played and they were on HD TVs, as well as the HD TV I own

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

12. Posted:

@retro thats because the wii was so BAD, it was nintendo's final nail in the coffin :P & I know hd is important but They will have better looking first party games (hopefully) later give them a break It's thier first hd console. give it time.

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

13. Posted:

Well, that looks beautiful. However, I enjoyed Twilight Princess in 480p, so I don't understand how it being 1080p would make me enjoy it more. Sure, it'd LOOK better, but as we can see by LordOtakuWii, that is a matter of opinion.

But I've been turned into a believer. HD makes things look better. However, if the actual product beneath the new coat of paint is crap, then you have a piece of crap that looks nice. And although HD makes things look good, it won't change the fact that if you have a good game HD or SD, it is still a good game.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

14. Posted:

SuperSonic95 wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Add my two million coin fortune to that pot.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

Bankai

15. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

Still can't see the HD, oh well :) that's a good thing

You, sir, need an optometrist

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

16. Posted:

Wii.

Untitled

Wii U.

Untitled

If you can't tell the difference, then you dun' gon' blind, mate.

Edited on by GameLord08

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

moomoo

17. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

[/div]

How can you not see it in Pikmin 3? I get it with Mario, since it's barely anything worth looking at, but Pikmin 3 is definitely noticable.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Swiket

18. Posted:

Besides the HD, both look like the same game.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

19. Posted:

New Super Mario Bros. U does look very good so far, muuuuch better than Wii.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

Treverend

20. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Yeah and what does TC mean? And not everyone holds HD graphics on such a high pedestal as you. I play my Wii more than my 360 or PS3 on my moms 52" HDTV, doesn't bother me at all... though I'm not like Otaku, I can for sure see the difference but my point is, it doesn't bug me or irritate me.

EDIT: Found out it meant topic creator, sorry about deleting it, it was too far derailed, a lot of that is thanks to me, my bad. Hey atleast the Nintendo Life forums don't count your post so you didn't really lose anything, lol.

Edited on by Treverend

Proud black Wii U owner. :)
Favorite game series: The Legend of Zelda

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4692-4399 | Nintendo Network ID: Treverend