Forums

Topic: What extra products/accessories do I need to play just dance 2016 on wii u?

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

radagasttt

I have the deluxe mario kart 8 bundle that comes with the wii u sensor bar..will I need anything else? I want to do it the method without using a smartphone..so what will i need?

radagasttt

Rumorlife

A Wii remote

Rumorlife

radagasttt

@Dankykong: will the gamepad not work

wii u remote or wii u plus?

Edited on by radagasttt

radagasttt

Rumorlife

The Gamepad can be used as a mic & camera to record yourself playing the game, or will be used just as a 2nd TV during certain modes. Meaning it does nothing but show you a dumbed down version of what's happening on the TV. Also I think you can select options on it as well but you can do that with any controller.
Also I've heard that the video recording is sort of just done on it's own at times. So if you're dancing in your underwear, it'll just record you on the gamdpad without always asking, but it won't share or save the video unless you ask it to.
Wii Remote Plus. I don't think the regular one is supported anymore with newer games, but I could be wrong. When they show anything with Wii remotes now it's almost exclusively the Plus version.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

radagasttt

@Dankykong: Ah thanks for the info, that was helpful. However, can my friend use a smartphone while I use a wii remote?

And can I use a nintendo wii remote from the original nintendo wii on the wii u to play just dance 2016? not sure if thats what you meant by regular controller

Edited on by radagasttt

radagasttt

jariw

@radagasttt: Yes, the wii remote is the one used on the Wii. There is no specific Wii U remote for the sensor bar.

jariw

Sisilly_G

radagasttt wrote:

@Dankykong: Ah thanks for the info, that was helpful. However, can my friend use a smartphone while I use a wii remote?

No. You can only use one or the other. You can use up to six smartphones (if I recall correctly) or up to four Wii Remotes but not a combination of the two.

radagasttt wrote:

And can I use a nintendo wii remote from the original nintendo wii on the wii u to play just dance 2016? not sure if thats what you meant by regular controller

You can use either Wii Remotes or Wii Remote Pluses. The original Wii Remotes are no longer being produced, so only Wii Remote Pluses are currently available at retail, but yes, they are both fully compatible and can be used interchangeably.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

radagasttt

@sillygostly: awesome lol ill have to use wii remotes then because i like the gamepad.

And question..how do i get my tv screen to display the same image i see on my gamepad screen?

radagasttt

Sisilly_G

radagasttt wrote:

And question..how do i get my tv screen to display the same image i see on my gamepad screen?

You can't. Not always anyway. For example, in the Wii U home menu, you will see a "hub" on one screen, and a menu with all of your apps and games on the other. You can switch between the two screens but you can't choose just one to appear on both screens at the same time.

With off-TV games, both games may display the same image on both the TV and Gamepad. It all depends on the game/app that you're using.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Sisilly_G

It allows you to use the Gamepad as a remote control for your TV. The TV button on the Gamepad will open the remote control menu, even when the Wii U is switched off.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.