Wii U Forum

Topic: What else would be worth "HDing"

Showing 1 to 20 of 67

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Warruz

1. Posted:

With WW HD now out and about at least in digital form the first question that came to mind was, what else could nintendo HD or rather what would be worth making an HD version of?

For me the first thing that comes to mind for me is clearly Mario Sunshine , what are your guys thoughts?

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Guitardude7

2. Posted:

I agree. I would love to see Mario Sunshine redone in HD. Can you imagine how AMAZING the water effects would look? Holy moly.

Super Mario 64 might also look nice but it was already re-released once for the DS so that'll probably never happen.

Super Mario Galaxy would look GORGEOUS in HD but I have a feeling the Mario team is going to make Super Mario Galaxy 3 after 3D World is completed.

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

3. Posted:

Soul Caliber II.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

piperrobbie

4. Posted:

Prime Trilogy >.<

piperrobbie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Guitardude7

5. Posted:

Maybe F-Zero X?

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

6. Posted:

My pics:
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
-Pikmin 1 & 2 Collection

There. Now here's what I think should happen if Nintendo decides to do a Galaxy HD Collection: If they're going to charge $50 or $60, each copy should include a Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kewlan

7. Posted:

Every game on the N64, since their 3D Graphics are the worst in history.
I especially want Super Mario 64. I've never played that game. Virtual Consoling it would be ok, but an HD remake is something I would say yes to!

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ
Biggest Hyrule Warriors fan on planet earth.
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Warruz

8. Posted:

Lets not get confused here, we are talking taking a game and making an HD version much like Windwaker. Games from the N64 era will most likely need actually remakes as the core mechanics are very outdated where gamecube esc games arnt for the most part.

HD
Untitled

Remake
Untitled

Main difference being Remakes require mechanic and gameplay changes where an HD version is more just polishing .

Edited on by Warruz

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

9. Posted:

Since they did Duck Tales I also wouldn't mind seeing some of the other Disney games from the NES era like Rescue Rangers or Darkwing Duck get an HD makeover as well.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DestinyMan

10. Posted:

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Metroidlink

11. Posted:

Zelda OoT (yes I know this has been done on 3DS but I would love to see this :))

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Warruz

12. Posted:

Metroidlink wrote:

Zelda OoT (yes I know this has been done on 3DS but I would love to see this :))

Worlds not ready :P

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

13. Posted:

Warruz wrote:

Lets not get confused here, we are talking taking a game and making an HD version much like Windwaker. Games from the N64 era will most likely need actually remakes as the core mechanics are very outdated where gamecube esc games arnt for the most part.

Main difference being Remakes require mechanic and gameplay changes where an HD version is more just polishing .

I'm not quite sure what the point of that distinction is especially given the example of the lesser "HD version" is Wind Waker HD. Make no mistake, they put a fair amount of effort into the Wii U version of that game. Not just a straight up HD port at all given they altered whole sections, changed animations and integrated Wii U functionality including MiiVerse and the Wii U GamePad.

As for the thread I'm not really sure. I remember when threads like this were created when the Wii U was "project Cafe" and everyone wanted to ask what HD ports we'd want to see. Even before that with the 3DS and before that again with the New Play Control series on Wii. There were a few of those threads, I always said Wind Waker. Now we've got Wind Waker I'm not really that sure what else I'd like to see. Probably Majora's Mask, not necessarily HD given that the 3DS version is rumoured but a remake definitely

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

14. Posted:

Guitardude7 wrote:

I agree. I would love to see Mario Sunshine redone in HD. Can you imagine how AMAZING the water effects would look? Holy moly.

Super mario sunshine already has beautiful water effects! I loved just being there swiming and staring at the water.

It would look so awesome in HD D:

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Warruz

15. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Warruz wrote:

Lets not get confused here, we are talking taking a game and making an HD version much like Windwaker. Games from the N64 era will most likely need actually remakes as the core mechanics are very outdated where gamecube esc games arnt for the most part.

Main difference being Remakes require mechanic and gameplay changes where an HD version is more just polishing .

I'm not quite sure what the point of that distinction is especially given the example of the lesser "HD version" is Wind Waker HD. Make no mistake, they put a fair amount of effort into the Wii U version of that game. Not just a straight up HD port at all given they altered whole sections, changed animations and integrated Wii U functionality including MiiVerse and the Wii U GamePad.

As for the thread I'm not really sure. I remember when threads like this were created when the Wii U was "project Cafe" and everyone wanted to ask what HD ports we'd want to see. Even before that with the 3DS and before that again with the New Play Control series on Wii. There were a few of those threads, I always said Wind Waker. Now we've got Wind Waker I'm not really that sure what else I'd like to see. Probably Majora's Mask, not necessarily HD given that the 3DS version is rumoured but a remake definitely

Using Abes Oddysee (the picture i used). The original used to pan screens when you reached the end of it, so you would reach the end of it and it would move to the next screen. Where in the Remake it actually flows together like a traditional platformer, this changes a major mechanic of the game as encounters and puzzles where based off of that screen panning.

To use a Car analogy -
HD - New Coat of paint with a tune up
Remake- Few major parts replaced under the hood but the same body and style.

On an additional note, it would be interested if Nintendo made a way for Wii Games to have a Resolution download so you can get them in 1080p.

Edited on by Warruz

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

eviLaTtenDant

16. Posted:

Wii Sports. Just imagine how amazing it would be if it'd be getting online multiplayer, Miiverse integration and if you could buy the sports seperately.

Edited on by eviLaTtenDant

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

17. Posted:

Nothing to be honest. I'd rather have proper remakes of Mario Sunshine and the like in the Mario 64 DS sense, not another upscaled HD port.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dark-Luigi

18. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

I agree. I would love to see Mario Sunshine redone in HD. Can you imagine how AMAZING the water effects would look? Holy moly.

Super mario sunshine already has beautiful water effects! I loved just being there swiming and staring at the water.

It would look so awesome in HD D:

Oh man. Sunshine would look breath taking in HD, ESPECIALLY that lush water.
And how about Paper Mario?
Untitled

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ednice

19. Posted:

Sunshine

ednice

Nintendo Network ID: ednice

AuthorMessage
Avatar

faint

20. Posted:

Luigi's mansion

friend code: 0103-9004-2456