Wii U Forum

Topic: What do you want Nintendo to update/add?

Showing 81 to 100 of 116

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

81. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Wii Speak was a cool thing. If everyone thinks it sucks, then they don't know what good tech is. At least as far as what was around at the time in 2009(?).

I really wish you knew what you were talking about. Just once. That's all I ask.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cornishlee

82. Posted:

[quote=cornishlee]

Sean_Aaron wrote:

it could be that Nintendo is extra paranoid about people being able to copy stuff like game save data since that was a vector for hacking the Wii. Mirroring doesn't have to include access to data outwith the channel level though, so I hope they let us do it.

That's exactly my thought too but then if the hard drive is tied to the console, like the existing one (I presume), then it really shouldn't matter.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cornishlee

83. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

You shouldn't be getting freezes anymore. Try optimizing your internet connection, or use factory settings. The only game that freezes on me, is Sonic, and I know for a fact that ones software related.

Darksiders 2

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

84. Posted:

cornishlee wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

You shouldn't be getting freezes anymore. Try optimizing your internet connection, or use factory settings. The only game that freezes on me, is Sonic, and I know for a fact that ones software related.

Darksiders 2

Hulu Plus also freezes at least half the time for me

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

85. Posted:

Darksiders 2 and Scribblenauts still sometimes freeze for me but that's it.

As for Wii Speak (can't believe we're still on this)... Seriously, someone thinks it was GOOD? It was one of the worst mics I've ever used, it couldn't understand a thing me or my friends said for voice commands in games to the point where we just gave up and made random sounds for it. It was a very cheap microphone, I used quite a few mics when I took some audio classes and I wouldn't suggest using Wii Speak even if you got it for free. The mic in the gamepad is exponentially better, and pretty much any headset is superior. Even if you looked at Wii Speak from a tech standpoint instead of user experience, it was a cheap microphone (NOT the same quality as Kinect, no matter how many times you argue that it's not right and you don't have a shred of evidence to that argument), it simply wasn't made as a quality microphone. And that's all I will say on the subject. If you like Wii Speak, fine with me, and if you think Nintendo should revisit it I disagree but that's still your opinion, just don't say it's the same tech as Kinect when you have no proof, just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Edit: Also Scar, I have nothing against you personal nor do I want you to feel attacked. I just am responding to what you said but I do think your opinions are valid even when I don't agree with them.

Edited on by ShadJV

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

86. Posted:

Alright you guys, way to be able to trust someone's word over evidence. I know it's important to have proof in front of your eyes, but Wii Speak was a good device. I don't really want it that bad as a Wii U accessory, but if USB mics get supported in an update, I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
Wii Speak was 2 years ahead of Kinect's microphone, and it a good device.
I don't even know what to say @Crono_Cross
He'll fight whatever I say even if I have proof, so it's a waste of time either way I guess.
There's a difference between understanding facts and being ignorant.
I'm done defending Wii Speak. Most of you guys didn't even have it, so I would technically have more experience with it than msybe ShadVJ.
My console doesn't even freeze besides Sonic which I know is software related, so I don't know what to say.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

87. Posted:

@ShadVJ
Which game used voice recognition for Wii Speak?
Alot of devices use the same technology, or at least the same concept. iPhone has voice commands, Kinect has voice commands, etc. They might not be built out of the same components, but they ARE the same concept of how to interact with your devices.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

88. Posted:

WiiSpeak was a good idea. The Tech was horrible but the idea was good. If Nintendo wanted to do Voice commands like the Kinect then maybe a new WiiSpeak (WiiU Speak) would become something. I don't see Nintendo doing that especially after the WiiSpeak did so bad.

Edited on by DefHalan

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

89. Posted:

I understand the Mic in the Gamepad and being able to plug in a mic basically makes it usesless, but then why would you need a Mic to play Just Dance 4 on Wii U? They basically give you a standard mic, and if you want/need a better one, the option is there.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

90. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@ShadVJ
Which game used voice recognition for Wii Speak?
Alot of devices use the same technology, or at least the same concept. iPhone has voice commands, Kinect has voice commands, etc. They might not be built out of the same components, but they ARE the same concept of how to interact with your devices.

Mario Party. I don't know which number, but it came packaged with one and I do still have it.

And I'm sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention. :(

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

91. Posted:

@ShadJV
I think that was Mario Party 7 for GameCube. I know Mario Party 8 didn't have the WiiSpeak, WiiSpeak wasn't out when MP8 came out. Also Mario Party 9 came out near the end of the Wii and I don't remember one coming with that, not 100% sure because I didn't own MP9

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

92. Posted:

@ShadVJ
Ya you didn't have Wii Speak. I know what you're talking about though. My friend had Mario Party 7 with the mic that plugged into the GCN memory card port.
So I'm the only one that says Wii Speak is good, and I'm also the only one here that has one? Haha.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoryLee

93. Posted:

I thought Wii Speak was terrible. I used it on Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter Tri and it was like talking into a cellphone on a really windy day. I don't like talking to people when I always have to say "what was that? I couldn't hear ya."

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

94. Posted:

RoryLee wrote:

I thought Wii Speak was terrible. I used it on Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter Tri and it was like talking into a cellphone on a really windy day. I don't like talking to people when I always have to say "what was that? I couldn't hear ya."

The only time it was hard to hear is when people were talking quietly IMO. My bro and I would always talk with people on Wii Speak Channel, and I thought it was pretty good. I guess it's just what you expect, but they were selling Animal Crossing with Wii Speak for like $20 after a while.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoryLee

95. Posted:

Plus it just felt weird speaking to the television, Lol. I didn't use it much when my wife was around.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

96. Posted:

I had it and it was okay, but I had to use headphones to hear people properly and if I'm doing that I might as well have a headset. It was better than nothing, but honestly some kind of built-in protocol would have ensured more voice support. As a result few games made use of it. The Wii U having an integrated solution, means that more games will have voice support for online play.

Ultimately that's what matters.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

97. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@ShadVJ
Ya you didn't have Wii Speak. I know what you're talking about though. My friend had Mario Party 7 with the mic that plugged into the GCN memory card port.
So I'm the only one that says Wii Speak is good, and I'm also the only one here that has one? Haha.

Yeah, I was getting the two confused, I apologize. I have both and got them confused, I did use Wii Speak for Animal Crossing but not often because it was usually more effective to just use the phone, the sound was always staticy.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

98. Posted:

I don't much like updates, patches, or DLC. Once I make my purchase I want everything included and working proper. The internet seems to have made all hardware and software developers too carefree. Nothing needs to be complete or function perfectly anymore, deadlines mean very little, and yet we're expected to pay more for this stuff.

Updates are needed right now but the future of console gaming looks kind of sorry. I want console developers to make updates unnecessary.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

99. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I don't even know what to say @Crono_Cross
He'll fight whatever I say even if I have proof,

You never have proof.

There's a difference between understanding facts and being ignorant.

I'm afraid you don't know that difference.

I'm done defending Wii Speak. Most of you guys didn't even have it.

I did and it was awful compared to a traditional headset.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

100. Posted:

I have it.

It was terrible.

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9