Forums

Topic: What do you want Nintendo to update/add?

Posts 61 to 80 of 109

SCRAPPER392

I'm not just saying this because I'm a 'biased fanboy'(sacrasm). It just doesn't make sense to fix the 'problems' you're having with the Wii U, when some of what you're wanting to happen either has a different option that can avoid that, or it completely misses the point of the features.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

brooks83

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm not just saying this because I'm a 'biased fanboy'(sacrasm). It just doesn't make sense to fix the 'problems' you're having with the Wii U, when some of what you're wanting to happen either has a different option that can avoid that, or it completely misses the point of the features.

I think a headphone jack on the pro controller would be convenient, regardless of the USB slot.

As for Wii Speak, nobody bought it before, so why would they bring it back?

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

SCRAPPER392

brooks83 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm not just saying this because I'm a 'biased fanboy'(sacrasm). It just doesn't make sense to fix the 'problems' you're having with the Wii U, when some of what you're wanting to happen either has a different option that can avoid that, or it completely misses the point of the features.

I don't get it, you make a thread asking for people to list things that they would like to see Nintendo change or update, and then tell people they are wrong for wanting certain features.

As for Wii Speak, nobody bought it before, so why would they bring it back?

Ya, if their actual improvements. If Nintendo put a Wii Speak into a must have game, people would be getting it for free. If people still complain about Wii Speak once everyone gets it for free, I won't even know what to say.
Some of the things he wants are already fixable, or just don't make sense.
You can turn off the Gamepad screen and use the Pro controller. That issue is already fixed, yet he wants it done... again.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

brooks83

SCAR392 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm not just saying this because I'm a 'biased fanboy'(sacrasm). It just doesn't make sense to fix the 'problems' you're having with the Wii U, when some of what you're wanting to happen either has a different option that can avoid that, or it completely misses the point of the features.

I don't get it, you make a thread asking for people to list things that they would like to see Nintendo change or update, and then tell people they are wrong for wanting certain features.

As for Wii Speak, nobody bought it before, so why would they bring it back?

Ya, if their actual improvements. If Nintendo put a Wii Speak into a must have game, people would be getting it for free. If people still bitch about Wii Speak once everyone gets it for free, I won't even know what to say.
Some of the things he wants are already fixable, or just don't make sense.
You can turn off the Gamepad screen and use the Pro controller. That issue is already fixed, yet he wants it done... again.

I see. Well I think at least 3 Wii games came packaged with the Wii Speak and the peripheral still never really took off. Most people that used it said the sound quality is pretty bad, but I never used it so I can't comment either way. I think Nintendo would rather forget about Wii Speak. An official Nintendo headset would be pretty sweet though.

brooks83

Tasuki

@SCAR392: You wanting them to make an update for Wii Speak makes no sense. I wouldn't criticize others ideas when yours are just as bad.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SCRAPPER392

I have it, and it's the best full range mic I've ever used. It's basically the same tech in Kinect for voice commands, and speaker phone on cell phones. They already have Nintendo official Turtle Beach headsets, but they aren't very great compared to a regular set of headphones with a mic. A wireless one would be ideal, though.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

Tasuki wrote:

@SCAR392: You wanting them to make an update for Wii Speak makes no sense. I wouldn't criticize others ideas when yours are just as bad.

Mine actually would improve the mic support. I'm also taking into account that it would only work if they were handing them out, or made a new version that can work better and comes with a MUST HAVE game.

EDIT: I'm just saying, this guys problems are basically nonexistent. You can already turn off the gamepad, more Wii U games are on the way, and RAM wouldn't improve anything really when it comes to Wii U.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

19Robb92

Folders, that's one thing I really want. Just use the same system as 3DS for all I care. But it would be nice with some organization options.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

CoffeeWithGames

They need to fix the power button. The power button. I shouldn't still be having to unplug the console when it freezes.

Another, it would be nice to be able to track Miiverse comments (not just posts). Sometimes I have commented on a post, and had trouble finding it to update it (not sure if I'm missing a way to.
If they could update the GamePad TV function and add a "MUTE" button, that would be nice as well.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

Tasuki

@SCAR392: But the thing is you dont need Wii Speak. Nintendo tried it if failed they moved on, its as simple as that. The Wii U gamepad has an integrated mic now so it would be both pointless and stupid for them to waste time and money on a product that is not needed and a flop. Face it man the Wii Speak sucked just because you are the only one that likes it isnt enough for Nintendo to even think about it anymore.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SCRAPPER392

CoffeeWithGames wrote:

They need to fix the power button. The power button. I shouldn't still be having to unplug the console when it freezes.

Another, it would be nice to be able to track Miiverse comments (not just posts). Sometimes I have commented on a post, and had trouble finding it to update it (not sure if I'm missing a way to.
If they could update the GamePad TV function and add a "MUTE" button, that would be nice as well.

You shouldn't be getting freezes anymore. Try optimizing your internet connection, or use factory settings. The only game that freezes on me, is Sonic, and I know for a fact that ones software related. Not the console.
You can go to a tab in Miiverse to see your posts. I can't recall exactly what it's called, but I know you can.
I could see a mute button in the TV remote added, as well as a -. Someone on the forums had a pretty new TV that used a - instead of a .

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

Tasuki wrote:

@SCAR392: But the thing is you dont need Wii Speak. Nintendo tried it if failed they moved on, its as simple as that. The Wii U gamepad has an integrated mic now so it would be both pointless and stupid for them to waste time and money on a product that is not needed and a flop. Face it man the Wii Speak sucked just because you are the only one that likes it isnt enough for Nintendo to even think about it anymore.

You're right. The mic on the Gamepad should be enough... Still though, Wii Speak was a cool thing. If everyone thinks it sucks, then they don't know what good tech is. At least as far as what was around at the time in 2009(?).

EDIT: There's no doubt better full range mics out now(probably), but it was the best at the time, whether anyone cared about it or not.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Tasuki

SCAR392 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@SCAR392: But the thing is you dont need Wii Speak. Nintendo tried it if failed they moved on, its as simple as that. The Wii U gamepad has an integrated mic now so it would be both pointless and stupid for them to waste time and money on a product that is not needed and a flop. Face it man the Wii Speak sucked just because you are the only one that likes it isnt enough for Nintendo to even think about it anymore.

You're right. The mic on the Gamepad should be enough... Still though, Wii Speak was a cool thing. If everyone thinks it sucks, then they don't know what good tech is. At least as far as what was around at the time in 2009(?).

EDIT: There's no doubt better full range mics out now(probably), but it was the best at the time, whether anyone cared about it or not.

In all honesty I think the main reason it was a flop was because it was just different. It wasn't a headset like every one was use to so people just right took an unliking to it. One thing is that Nintendo likes to do things different it seems, sometimes it pays off as in the case of motion controls and other time it doesn't, Wii Speak, their online system, cartridges instead of discs on the N64. That was all with the Wii Speak just being different sometimes is a bad thing.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Sean_Aaron

Why would there be an update to Wii Speak when it's essentially built into the Gamepad and if you like you can use a mobile phone headphone/mic combo like what came with my iPhone?

At first I was disappointed I couldn't use my Wii Headbanger, but not having to fork out any extra dough and not having to plug in a cable is a pretty good deal!

@Vesper: I'm pretty sure the issue with multi Gamepad support has more to do with the limitations of Bluetooth and the processor's ability to stream multiple video streams than the system's RAM. 2GB is pretty good; my Mac has that much memory and like Scar says, games don't generally need anything like that much.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

CoffeeWithGames

SCAR392 wrote:

CoffeeWithGames wrote:

They need to fix the power button. The power button. I shouldn't still be having to unplug the console when it freezes.

Another, it would be nice to be able to track Miiverse comments (not just posts). Sometimes I have commented on a post, and had trouble finding it to update it (not sure if I'm missing a way to.
If they could update the GamePad TV function and add a "MUTE" button, that would be nice as well.

You shouldn't be getting freezes anymore. Try optimizing your internet connection, or use factory settings. The only game that freezes on me, is Sonic, and I know for a fact that ones software related. Not the console.
You can go to a tab in Miiverse to see your posts. I can't recall exactly what it's called, but I know you can.
I could see a mute button in the TV remote added, as well as a -. Someone on the forums had a pretty new TV that used a - instead of a .

The console freezes. It's the console, not settings. Nintendo's customer service reps say they get "a lot" of calls on it. Even if it were the settings , that doesn't excuse the fact the console doesn't function as stated, and that Nintendo's current solution is going against their own safety precautions stated on the Wii U.

As for the Miiverse update, it was to track comments, not posts. You can track your own posts, but not your comments on other people's post very easily.

The - button and + button do function to turn the volume up and down, but I'm not sure of one to "Mute" it outright.

As for Wii Speak, I own the device and it is/was HORRID for FPS games. HORRID. Any games with lots of loud noise (gun fire, explosions, etc.) doesn't work well with it. Nintendo took nearly 2 years to release Wii Speak, trying to re-invent the wheel, instead of just simply releasing a headset (see: a proven voice chat option for over a decade) for the Wii.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

SCAR392 wrote:

Wii Speak was a cool thing. If everyone thinks it sucks, then they don't know what good tech is. At least as far as what was around at the time in 2009(?).

I really wish you knew what you were talking about. Just once. That's all I ask.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

cornishlee

[quote=cornishlee]

Sean_Aaron wrote:

it could be that Nintendo is extra paranoid about people being able to copy stuff like game save data since that was a vector for hacking the Wii. Mirroring doesn't have to include access to data outwith the channel level though, so I hope they let us do it.

That's exactly my thought too but then if the hard drive is tied to the console, like the existing one (I presume), then it really shouldn't matter.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

cornishlee

SCAR392 wrote:

You shouldn't be getting freezes anymore. Try optimizing your internet connection, or use factory settings. The only game that freezes on me, is Sonic, and I know for a fact that ones software related.

Darksiders 2

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

DefHalan

cornishlee wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

You shouldn't be getting freezes anymore. Try optimizing your internet connection, or use factory settings. The only game that freezes on me, is Sonic, and I know for a fact that ones software related.

Darksiders 2

Hulu Plus also freezes at least half the time for me

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

ShadJV

Darksiders 2 and Scribblenauts still sometimes freeze for me but that's it.

As for Wii Speak (can't believe we're still on this)... Seriously, someone thinks it was GOOD? It was one of the worst mics I've ever used, it couldn't understand a thing me or my friends said for voice commands in games to the point where we just gave up and made random sounds for it. It was a very cheap microphone, I used quite a few mics when I took some audio classes and I wouldn't suggest using Wii Speak even if you got it for free. The mic in the gamepad is exponentially better, and pretty much any headset is superior. Even if you looked at Wii Speak from a tech standpoint instead of user experience, it was a cheap microphone (NOT the same quality as Kinect, no matter how many times you argue that it's not right and you don't have a shred of evidence to that argument), it simply wasn't made as a quality microphone. And that's all I will say on the subject. If you like Wii Speak, fine with me, and if you think Nintendo should revisit it I disagree but that's still your opinion, just don't say it's the same tech as Kinect when you have no proof, just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Edit: Also Scar, I have nothing against you personal nor do I want you to feel attacked. I just am responding to what you said but I do think your opinions are valid even when I don't agree with them.

Edited on by ShadJV

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic