Wii U Forum

Topic: What do you think Nintendo's response will be to the copycat gamepad controller called the "The Cross Plane"

Showing 1 to 20 of 31

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dark_Link

1. Posted:

If this has been posted here than please lock this post but have you seen read this article posted
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/04/check-out-this-wii-u-gam...

It looks like a blatant gamepad copy, although it looks really ugly. What does everyone think?

“The Cross Plane” is the worlds first multi-platform WVI (Wireless Video Interface) gaming controller that brings a new angle into the way we play modern video games. Designed to support gaming platforms like XBox 360, PlayStation 3, OUYA and PC, “The Cross Plane” puts your favorite games from your favorite platforms right to the palm of your hand, all in beautiful Hi-Def quality!

For the first time, PC users will have to opportunity to “Cut the cord” and take the full power of their machine anywhere in house. That means “Steam” can go with you to the couch or Crysis 3 can actually be played on a handheld.

The button layouts were carefully considered and based around what most console gamers would be used to. This layout went through many changes via 3D Printed case tests to make sure it felt comfortable and natural in your hands given the body style is flat out different from any controller (except the Wii U) on the market."

Dark_Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

2. Posted:

they probably will say oh look they have a gamepad but no games use it.... and start laughing and say that compared to this the WiiU gamepad:
Untitled

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kodeen

3. Posted:

PC users cutting the cord for the first time? Nvidia Shield? Laptops?

As for what Nintendo thinks, it basically comes down to whether or not it violates any patents.

Kodeen

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

4. Posted:

Yeah...I don't see Nintendo leaving that alone. It looks exactly like the Wii U gamepad, except it looks slightly cheaper. I don't see why Nintendo would let that fly...but who knows. I don't see it selling to well, anyways...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CorporalPegasus

5. Posted:

It can stream PC games? That nice i guess...wonder if it works smoothly. Doubt any PS3 or 360 game will ever support it, tough.

If this thing ever gets funded, Nintendo might sue. It looks just like a Wii U gamepad MadCatz or any other 3rd party would make.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

6. Posted:

I don't see this working very well. There's already cheap China made GamePad "rip-offs" for cheaper with an Android OS, that can technically already do the same thing.

It's too expensive for what it can do, regardless of whether it's trying to sell into the GamePad type market or not.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

7. Posted:

if the prototype name of this wasn't Project X Plane, I will be very disappointed

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retrowire

8. Posted:

I say there's nothing wrong with it. The only similarity that it has to the Gamepad in features is Off TV Play, it doesn't provide everything else the Gamepad can do. Built in webcam? No. Built in accelerameter? Nope. Asymmetrical multi screen gameplay? No. It is not a Wii U Gamepad, it is only an accessory to existing mediums that is basically a portable display with built in controls. That's pretty neat and I think it's a great idea. It doesn't step on the Wii U's toes at all.

Retro Gaming Enthusiast. Nintendo Fan. Amateur Video Game Historian. Electronics Hobbyist.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

uptownsoul

9. Posted:

Now provided there are no patent issues, this is one of the reasons why i spoke poorly of the gamepad. Not because of anything wrong with it, but because it would possibly be easy to reproduce to the letter. It may well be cheaper but if the gamepad takes off & developers really utilize it, watch out for more copycats. Meanwhile, rumors are swirling about possible VR tech for PS4. Now they are just rumors but if true its a lot harder to replicate that.

uptownsoul

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

10. Posted:

Honestly looks like a piece of junk. I would never get one of those.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retrowire

11. Posted:

uptownsoul wrote:

Now provided there are no patent issues, this is one of the reasons why i spoke poorly of the gamepad. Not because of anything wrong with it, but because it would possibly be easy to reproduce to the letter. It may well be cheaper but if the gamepad takes off & developers really utilize it, watch out for more copycats. Meanwhile, rumors are swirling about possible VR tech for PS4. Now they are just rumors but if true its a lot harder to replicate that.

But the Cross Plane isn't a complete copy cat of the Wii U Gamepad. It's only a portable wireless monitor with a built in controller. That's it. The Gamepad does much more than put a screen in your hands. These 2 devices may look the same, but they have many different purposes.

Retro Gaming Enthusiast. Nintendo Fan. Amateur Video Game Historian. Electronics Hobbyist.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

uptownsoul

12. Posted:

@Retrowire i understand your point. But my point is the more successful the gamepad becomes (and by that i mean the more developers utilize & make more genius stuff happen with it), the more it will fall victim of its own success. Because this or other companies will try to mimic it as close as they can. That again is pending any patent issues.

uptownsoul

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retrowire

13. Posted:

uptownsoul wrote:

@Retrowire i understand your point. But my point is the more successful the gamepad becomes (and by that i mean the more developers utilize & make more genius stuff happen with it), the more it will fall victim of its own success. Because this or other companies will try to mimic it as close as they can. That again is pending any patent issues.

That's true. It could happen. But that'll be proof that Nintendo yet again made something....

Revolutionary? :D

Retro Gaming Enthusiast. Nintendo Fan. Amateur Video Game Historian. Electronics Hobbyist.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

uptownsoul

14. Posted:

@Retrowire absolutely revolutionary. i did say the developers could possibly make genius stuff happen with it. So revolutionary, yes. But it would take away a good chunk of their innovative advantage.

uptownsoul

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

15. Posted:

$350...lol.

I really hope this thing doesn't do well. It would definitely have an impact on Nintendo if it DID sell well, and Nintendo is already struggling enough as it is.

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bulbousaur

16. Posted:

With the amount of backing it has got so far, I highly doubt it will reach its goal. And if it gets anywhere near it, Nintendo will shut it down. The only reason the Chinese gamepad clones have been released is because of their non-existent copyright laws.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

17. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

they probably will say oh look they have a gamepad but no games use it.... and start laughing and say that compared to this the WiiU gamepad:
Untitled

Read the article before you post.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ClockworkMario

18. Posted:

It looks poorly made and uncomfortable, besides being an obvious rip-off. They even use Super Mario 64 in their promotional material. (Right corner)
Untitled

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129 | Nintendo Network ID: Soon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

19. Posted:

ClockworkMario wrote:

It looks poorly made and uncomfortable, besides being an obvious rip-off. They even use Super Mario 64 in their promotional material. (Right corner)
Untitled

Nintendo (most likely) is gonna sue those clowns.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

20. Posted:

Close down imminent! If Nintendo let this get off the floor, I will lose all faith in the Wii U ever being able to move afterwards.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720