Forums

Topic: What do you expect from Zelda U?

Posts 121 to 136 of 136

Shworange

Multiplayer would be cool. It would be sweet if you could pick a zelda avatar that you could play as in online meetings. It could be any towns folk, Gorons, deku, even certain bad guys. As long as you have unlocked them by encountering them or beating them. You could meet others playing the game with your avatar and trade and sell goods. Also, you could challenge them to a battle. You would fight using the health and items you've accumulated as link in the main game. You could have a hylian villager fighting girihim (again using data from your quest as link). It would be very MMO like.

3DS friend code: 3780-9246-6946
NNID: yossarian22

Nintendo Network ID: yossarian22

Molotov

True_Hero wrote:

Molotov wrote:

True_Hero wrote:

Molotov wrote:

Honestly?
2015 Release Date. And Maybe Not Even That.

Source please.

I'm The Source. TechPreds . Never Have Been Wrong... Except Twice.

I've never heard of it. Do you mean Tech Press? The only thing I found was this, which has nothing to do with game news.

The Websites A Working Progress.... 8 Years And Running. Since I Made The World Famous Prediction About The Ds... What Is This 21 Questions? Back To The Topic...

Molotov

LzWinky

Molotov wrote:

True_Hero wrote:

Molotov wrote:

Honestly?

Source please.

So...two out of two times? >:3

What I expect is the unexpected because Nintendo always determines what I want (eat your heart out fanboys )

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Bass_X0

Longforgotten wrote:

Why are you comparing games with movies?

Because we're now at a point where stories in games are comparable to movies.

Not having voice acting in a modern game focused on storytelling, regardless of what that game they may, is akin to having a big budget movie that relys on a silent character. It just wouldn't work. Both games and movies are long past the necessity of having a silent main character.

Or would you want a Zelda movie or cartoon to retain Link a silent hero still?

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Link talking would ruin it because him not talking embodies his character as the dutiful, silent hero who is the only one that stands between eternal darkness and the path to salvation. If he was mouthing off all the time it would obscure his image. I trust Ninty knows what they're doing and if they know what's best Link won't talk.

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

kkslider5552000

Bass_X0 wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

Why are you comparing games with movies?

Because we're now at a point here stories in games are comparable to movies.

Not having voice acting in a modern game focused on storytelling, regardless of what that game they may, is akin to having a big budget movie that relys on a silent character. It just wouldn't work. Both games and movies are long past the necessity of having a silent main character.

Well of course I could bring up the obvious counterpoint that silent characters are not necessarily a bad idea in cinema either. I mean, I think it's largely agreed upon that Wall-E was at its best in the first half, when there was no dialogue. Or the counterpoint that gaming should not try to be movies unless they can back it up with quality instead of being Michael Bay The Video Game (yeah looking at you, Call of Duty).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DudeSean

Link's not mute. You guys know that, right? He first spoke in Zelda 2 when he said, "I found a mirror under the table." Odd that he would say that to himself, but he did. And he's been speaking in every Zelda game since. Usually just to say something like "Yes," "Yep", or "Sure!"

And Link has had a voice actor since Ocarina of Time. So we know what he sounds like and he speaks. So... yeah.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Shrapmo

I expect this: Me to get a boner when I see the menu screen. That is all.

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

bonesy91

All I know is I'm gonna stay away from any news besides the announcement. I just want to expect a new zelda game

(don't want to set standards to high only to be disappointed.)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

luisesteban

COuld happen something alike to Spirit Tracks game play.

luisesteban

Molotov

LZBirdboi wrote:

Molotov wrote:

True_Hero wrote:

Molotov wrote:

Honestly?

Source please.

So...two out of two times? >:3

What I expect is the unexpected because Nintendo always determines what I want (eat your heart out fanboys )

Two Out Of 81 Times.

Molotov

hiptanaka

What I expect and what I want may not be the same thing, but I want:

1. Non-motion controls.

2. Connected overworld which encourages experimentation with obtained items and abilities.

3. A more non-linear structure, say the dungeons are designed so that you can always chose between one of two/three. (Since you don't level up in Zelda, this won't be a balance problem, and they should play on that strength.)

4. No grindy content like pointless collectibles and uninspired fetch quests.

Edited on by hiptanaka

Metroid 5?

DudeSean

hiptanaka wrote:

3. A more non-linear structure, say the dungeons are designed so that you can always chose between one of two/three. (Since you don't level up in Zelda, this won't be a balance problem, and they should play on that strength.)

I agree with this so much. It's what made the replay value so high for Zelda 1 for me. Games like Zelda 1 or Super Metroid where you can do things out of order. I wish Nintendo would start doing that again.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

CM30

Isn't that also what made Ocarina of Time such a great game? You could choose between the Forest, Fire and Water Temples in what to complete first (with the latter two being possible to beat first if you leave the Forest Temple with the bow) and later choose between the Shadow and Spirit Temple when deciding which one to leave until last.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.