Forums

Topic: What do you expect from Zelda U?

Posts 101 to 120 of 136

Chrono_Cross

You're thinking voice acting. Fusion worked wonders with Samus' dialogue.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Kage_88

Personally, if Zelda had to have voice acting - I would make the charcters speak in Hylian. Let Nintendo make up a new language (like what Fumito Ueda did for ICO & Shadow of the Colossus).

...But I guess Nintendo would still have the task of filing an entire game with such dialogue - rather than the occassional cutscene like in the Sony titles. Would a foreign language be too mauch for the 'masses' to handle? Unfortunately, probably so...

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

skywake

They can have voice acting if they want, I don't care much either way, as long as Link remains mute. Link shouldn't talk. Ever.

and digging up old stuffs

Happy_Mask wrote:

@skywake while I take back my previous statement, (thank you for clarifying) you are forgetting that some people don't consider everything, or are just dim, not necessarily trolls. :3

People were misreading what I was saying I think. I was simply saying that people who say "I normally don't like X but this is good. However all X sucks" are "either idiots or trolls". If you like it you like it. Cognitive dissonance.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DarkNinja9

Kage_88 wrote:

What do I expect from Zelda U?

Well, I guess voice acting will finally make the cut. I can't imagine Nintendo making an HD Zelda title with text-only dialogue.

Personally, I'd like to see Skyward Sword's motion controls return...but I'm sure Nintendo also faces the dilemma of the Game Pad. Maybe they could make a control system that accomodates both input types? Eg. players can use motions controls OR they could substitue for touch-screen swipes. Either way, I just can't see the series revert back to simple button mashing when using Link's sword.

Also (as much as I loved Skyward Sword) I'd like to see Nintendo really take advantage of the Wii U's guts and the 25 gig disc (or maybe even 50 gig for dual-layer?) in order to present the biggest world they could possibly build. Whether set in Hyrule or somewhere else, I want to be able to feel LOST; which is something few games can achieve. This may sound controversial, but I'd like to see Zelda U dispense of traditional map & menus screens, and require Link to glance at a physical sheepskin map and realistically search his being for required items (like Alone in the Dark, Far Cry 2, or Zombi U - but implemented in a more intuitive way).

Ah yes - the items. I'd love to see Nintendo cut back on collectables. First, because I would like to see Link to rely more on technique and improvisation this time around; rather than merely finding the 'right' item/weapon to overcome an obstacle. Remember the Genesis game Landstalker? It was like Zelda, but you only used a sword - and you had to rely on that sword to complete the game, no matter how tough it got. It allowed the player to use technique - rather than arbitrary items. The second reason why I would want Nintendo to reduce the amount of collectables is because it's getting increasingly hard to imagine Link carrying around 3-tons worth of stuff in his pockets...sure, its a personal bugbear of mine...but...yeah.

i have to disagree with the voice acting it be too weird and yet other M causes discussion about her voice and all that so why go to that again? another thing i would feel that they would waste alot of time trying to find the right ppl and that time i would rather them spend it on the story it self <.<

i do agree on the part were u say u want to feel lost i would like that feeling having this masive new hyrule and not sure were to go and finding new places to go even while your not sure if its the right way

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

luisesteban

HawkeyeWii wrote:

when you played through other M with all her annoying dialogue!

Well, personally I'd found other M a beatiful game, and enjoy very much the dialogues.

Kage_88 wrote:

Personally, if Zelda had to have voice acting - I would make the charcters speak in Hylian.

That could be just great. I would love that.

luisesteban

Pogocoop

Tsuchiya wrote:

What do I expect from Zelda Wii U?

Wearing out many a pant. That's what.

This. Just This

Also, Beetle From Skyward Sword returns. That was my favorite Zelda item of all time.

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

Void

I'm going to expect way to much out of it, and when I don't get any of it I'm going to come on here and complain because none of it happened, and say it's the worst Zelda ever.
/laughs.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

justjoined

Things I want:
A return to TP-art style
Multiple control options

Things I don't want:
Low battery reminders
Gameplay interruptions

justjoined

Gamesake

@justjoined Absolutely--except I want a return to Wind Waker art style. (Not gonna happen.)

...in my pants.

Bass_X0

i would feel that they would waste alot of time trying to find the right ppl and that time i would rather them spend it on the story it self

How is that different to the production of TV series and movies?

Should all animated movies have silent characters just to avoid wasting a lot of time trying to find the right people when it could be spent on the story of the animated movie itself?

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

JoyBoy

Why are you comparing games with movies?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JoyBoy

oh yeah ... Zelda with with voice would totally suck

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Norfair

To be super awesome and cool.

My body is ready, can you say the same? Is your body ready?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-9601-9308

kkslider5552000

I think there should be rules when it comes to voice acting for a Zelda game at the very least.
1. Go all the way or don't even bother. This isn't as big of a problem as it used to be but I hate it when games would only have voice acting at times and then a lot of the time wouldn't. Maybe more unimportant npcs and Link himself should still be silent but that aside, everyone should talk or no one should.
2. Actually get some people who understand good voice acting. No getting Sakamoto to work on stuff he's never done in his entire life, get good voice actors and get people to work with them to get this stuff right.
3. Work with top talent. If they can find some particularly good noobies, that's fine, but otherwise get the best/"best for this character" voice talent they can find. This is one of the biggest franchises in one of the most profitable entertainment industries in the world, you can get some quality talent. I'd dare say get some legit actors.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Molotov

Honestly?
2015 Release Date. And Maybe Not Even That.

Molotov

Auracle

Molotov wrote:

Honestly?

Source please.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Molotov

True_Hero wrote:

Molotov wrote:

Honestly?

Source please.

I'm The Source. TechPreds . Never Have Been Wrong... Except Twice.

Molotov

Auracle

Molotov wrote:

True_Hero wrote:

Molotov wrote:

Honestly?

Source please.

I'm The Source. TechPreds . Never Have Been Wrong... Except Twice.

I've never heard of it. Do you mean Tech Press? The only thing I found was this, which has nothing to do with game news.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.