Forums

Topic: What do you expect from Metroid U?

Posts 1 to 20 of 79

Neoproteus

The one thing I enjoyed about Other M was it's introduction of MB. As silly as the name is, I think the character has a lot of potential as a villain. Perhaps she could even seek out the remains of Dark Samus and use her and planet Phaze's remains as armor.

I'd also like to see a return of the creatures the series is named for. We haven't seen Metroids in their various stages outside of Metroid 2, and some of them look like they'd be awesome enemies in a First Person Metroid game. Like the Gamma Metroid which looks like a spider and could easily be interpreted as a wall climber that drains your health from a distance with a long tendril or spins webs that Samus can get stuck in. The Zeta Metroid looks like a Raptor, and the Omega Metroid looks like a T-Rex. I can easily imagine some new varieties of Metroids as well, like a Cobra Metroid or a Ridley-like Metroid.

I didn't like how in Prime 3 they sacrificed a unified single world with multiple, smaller worlds. I'd much rather have one world that Samus can get everywhere on foot than some elaborate loading scene between worlds involving Samus's Ship. They COULD remedy this by just allowing us to fly Samus's Ship manually, but then they'd have to have everywhere Samus goes on foot be underground and thus inaccessible for that ship. They could also solve it with portals, but I would want them to be like Portal portals instead of more loading screens like Prime 2, because that was almost as bad.

Her weapons in Prime 1 were the best so far. The Power, Wave, Ice, and Plasma Beams have a ton of applications if a destruction engine is implemented. The Power Beam could become a kind of Gravity Gun, attracting debris when charged and spitting it back out. The Wave Beam could power elaborate machinery. The Ice Beam could freeze platforms that Samus could walk on to break sequence. The Plasma Beam could melt certain walls, like ones made of Ice. Having everything be ammoless was one of the points that made Metroid unique as well, since we never had to worry about reloading or switching because we've run out of shots. You should switch weapons based on what your enemy is weak against.

So far we've had stories that revolve around Phazon, X Parasites, and Metroids, but how about all three? Since she has mind control over Metroids, MB could systematically infect a planet in order to make herself more powerful. First X Parasites to replace the local wildlife with clones that can have multiple sets of DNA to switch between. Then, Phazon to mutate that wildlife to make it more violent and more prone to crossing between the DNA to make hybrids in addition to copies. Finally, Metroids to assimilate the DNA from the X and mutate themselves from the Phazon, and to make them controllable by MB.

There are several questions I'd want answered as well. Are there human Space Pirates, or just the ones from the as-yet-unnamed Pirate Homeworld? Likewise are there members of the Space Pirate species that have tried to desert and join with human society? Why is bounty hunting so popular? Exactly how far into the future is all of this? What happened to Earth? How did Samus grow up (answered in the manga, but never in a canonical form)?

Of course, having a Metroid game in HD would be awesome. There's also been talk of a return to side-scrolling like Zero Mission, which wouldn't be a bad idea either. I'd also like to see a more fleshed-out multiplayer akin to Hunters. Instead of different Bounty Hunters (which makes very little sense), how about the Galactic Federation Army vs the Space Pirates? If there's a humanoid Metroid you could have a third faction. Actually, it'd be kind of funny if there were an army of Samus clones duking it out for superiority too, as long as they explained these are either Dark Samus's, Federation experiments, or SA-X.

What do you expect from Metroid U?

Neoproteus

Hokori

HD Samus :F

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of...

Hokori

Radixxs wrote:

Jiggle

Oh right Tecmo will work on a sequel to other M and give it what DoA5 didn't >:~} how devious

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of...

Joeynator3000

Something that involves Retro Studios.

No more anime girls for now...maybe they'll show up as my avi every now and then...lol
YES I MAKE STUPID MISTAKES CONSTANTLY, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
ZOMG YOUTUBE!!!
Lzeon's name is here because he's a poopy head, and Megumi is smexy.

Twitter:

Chuie

i expect it to be good like metroid prime also zero suit samus >:]

You smell

kyuubikid213

Metroid Prime.

It's one of the best games of all time. Change the story if you want, but give me the awesome gameplay and adventure from Metroid Prime. An HD remake with GamePad capabilities would be nice.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

19Robb92

I want a first person Metroid game that can go in the Prime series footsteps. Lots of scanning, beautiful environments, cool weapons etc. etc.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Norfair

I want a Metroid Prime style game with a serious multiplayer.

My body is ready, can you say the same? Is your body ready?

Xilef

Neoproteus wrote:

The one thing I enjoyed about Other M was it's introduction of MB. As silly as the name is, I think the character has a lot of potential as a villain. Perhaps she could even seek out the remains of Dark Samus and use her and planet Phaze's remains as armor.

Didn't MB die? And wasn't Phazon and Phaze completely wiped out? Now that i think about it... Mother Brain is dead, Ridley is dead, the SA-X and the X virus is gone and all the Metroids i wiped out... Does Samus have any vilain to fight now? I know the could just use some cloning story like in M:OM or come up with some other excuse to bring back vilains but still. Kraid, we need you!

Xilef

Neoproteus

19Robb92 wrote:

I want a first person Metroid game that can go in the Prime series footsteps. Lots of scanning, beautiful environments, cool weapons etc. etc.

I'd actually like if they upgraded scanning so that instead of it's own visor, it would just give you a notice anytime you looked at something, and you could press a button to pause and read. It'd be kind of like augmented reality.

Xilef wrote:

Neoproteus wrote:

The one thing I enjoyed about Other M was it's introduction of MB. As silly as the name is, I think the character has a lot of potential as a villain. Perhaps she could even seek out the remains of Dark Samus and use her and planet Phaze's remains as armor.

Didn't MB die? And wasn't Phazon and Phaze completely wiped out? Now that i think about it... Mother Brain is dead, Ridley is dead, the SA-X and the X virus is gone and all the Metroids i wiped out... Does Samus have any vilain to fight now? I know the could just use some cloning story like in M:OM or come up with some other excuse to bring back vilains but still. Kraid, we need you!

I was under the impression that MB was incapacitated and made to stand trial. Phaze was wiped out, but Dark Samus somehow survived the collapse of an entire universe when Dark Aether was destroyed, and has been known to reassemble herself from nothing but energy particles. In the wreckage of an entire planet made of phazon, that would be made even easier. The only issue is the distance from anything else, so she may have to have some help from her destination. Ridley never really dies unless Samus makes the Space Pirates go extinct, because they'll just keep cloning and rebuilding him. I seriously doubt that the stations Samus visited were the only stations of the GFA to contain Metroids and X, and even if they were the federation has had technology to create Mochtroids since Super Metroid. Post Fusion Samus is now the enemy of the GFA, so there's also that...

Neoproteus

Happy_Mask

I expect absolutely nothing, as it's unclear what direction the franchise will go from here.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Xilef

@Neoproteus Pretty sure MB was killed. I think it says that if you check the character log during the post-story part. Dark Samus did resurect herself in MP3, however she needed Phazon to do that, which doesn't exist anymore. I doubt she had enough time to resurect herself before the planet was destroyed. Metroids and Ridely could very well come back.Metroids are the series icon and Ridley the main vilain so Nintendo is probably going to come up with some reason to get them back. Not sure how, since the Ridley clone was killed in M:OM and later possesd by the X virus in Fusion only to be destroyed, which is the last we saw of him. The ship Samus was on in Fusion crashed on the X:s homeplanet and destroyed it along with the X and Metroids.

But they could just come up with some kind of cloning story again. Wouldn't mind that myself. Also, the GF hunting Samus would be quite interesting.

Xilef

Void

I expect it to be enjoyable, not too much to ask really.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Knux

Other M 2. What else do we need? It will be the perfect game.

Knux

Joeynator3000

Other M 2: Other R
(a humanoid Ridley, lol)

No more anime girls for now...maybe they'll show up as my avi every now and then...lol
YES I MAKE STUPID MISTAKES CONSTANTLY, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
ZOMG YOUTUBE!!!
Lzeon's name is here because he's a poopy head, and Megumi is smexy.

Twitter:

Neoproteus

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Other M 2: Other R
(a humanoid Ridley, lol)

Other K. Kraid in human form LOL.

Neoproteus

Neoproteus

Xilef wrote:

@Neoproteus Pretty sure MB was killed. I think it says that if you check the character log during the post-story part. Dark Samus did resurect herself in MP3, however she needed Phazon to do that, which doesn't exist anymore. I doubt she had enough time to resurect herself before the planet was destroyed. Metroids and Ridely could very well come back.Metroids are the series icon and Ridley the main vilain so Nintendo is probably going to come up with some reason to get them back. Not sure how, since the Ridley clone was killed in M:OM and later possesd by the X virus in Fusion only to be destroyed, which is the last we saw of him. The ship Samus was on in Fusion crashed on the X:s homeplanet and destroyed it along with the X and Metroids.

But they could just come up with some kind of cloning story again. Wouldn't mind that myself. Also, the GF hunting Samus would be quite interesting.

Yeah, if you watch the ending to Other M they kind of dodge around whether she's alive or not, which leaves it out in the open. As for Phazon being destroyed, no. Only Phaze was destroyed, leaving phazon debris a plenty for Dark Samus to resurrect herself. Retro Studios even made a comment in a making of Documentary "Will there be phazon? Well that depends, do you want to see more phazon?" (rough quote from memory).

As for Ridley returning, what might be more interesting is if we see his home planet, and the Space Pirates are searching for a new, stronger leader. This would allow Samus to completely switch sides as it was Ridley that orphaned her twice over, not any new commander.

Neoproteus

Joeynator3000

Ooh ooh! Other S! A humanoid Samus...er, pirated...Samus....dragonated....you know what, forget that one, lol

No more anime girls for now...maybe they'll show up as my avi every now and then...lol
YES I MAKE STUPID MISTAKES CONSTANTLY, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
ZOMG YOUTUBE!!!
Lzeon's name is here because he's a poopy head, and Megumi is smexy.

Twitter:

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic