Forums

Topic: What did you think of the Nintendo Direct in relation to the Wii U?

Posts 261 to 279 of 279

LzWinky

@spizzamarozzi Actually I've seen quite a few hopes and requests for those games, so the image is actually pretty accurate...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AJ_Lethal

spizzamarozzi wrote:

nah this is just bollocks
it's the usual Nintendo fans bashing other Nintendo fans
nobody is really expecting an announcement for a new F-Zero, Star Fox or Metroid - all people want is just Nintendo showing support and commitment, which doesn't really have to come in the shape of Metroid or Star Fox. The point of Nintendo Directs is to keep people updated and excited about upcoming releases - I'd like to see a written rule that says that WiiU owners only have to get faithful during E3.

This makes me think of that article kkslider posted about fans ruining the company - there's people who would justify everything Nintendo does. They would justify Iwata wishing them AIDS if it comes with a new Smash Bros character.

In the meantime, there's still one single retail game coming out in 6 months - on a console that is just one year old.

Replace F-Zero/Metroid/Starfox for any big release for Spring and its still accurrate. Jeez, I bet the studios behind 3DW and Pikmin 3 are just starting game preproduction.

Seriously, if your expectations are pulled out of thin air its no surprise to anyone to get dissapointed.

SCRAPPER392

I think the point is that Nintendo can't meet expectations for some people, regardless.

The cycle works in reverse, as well. There's no escape.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

AceDefective

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

I don't get why people are disappointed from this Direct. It's either they had their expectations way too high, or they didn't read the purpose of the direct. If you want to see new big Nintendo titles for Wii U, I suggest waiting until this year's E3.

Untitled

this picture is so accurate it hurts

So much so, it hurts.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

Heh, a tad better than than I expected on the 3ds sides of things and the WiiU while a bit paltry on the reveals did show off status updates on X (though from watching that gameplay footage it made it boring) and Bayonetta and Mario Kart.

.....Ya, it's time to leave the 3ds alone for now (as I'm getting spoiled), and get some Wiiu stuff like game price-promotions, patches and junk.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

LzWinky

SCAR392 wrote:

I think the point is that Nintendo can't meet expectations for some people, regardless.

The cycle works in reverse, as well. There's no escape.

Well when expectations are "I expect 10 games to be announced", you know disappointment will follow... There is simply no reason to announce this many titles. Heck they still have yet to show details about Yarn Yoshi and FExSMT

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

@Unca_LZ
I know. That's why Nintendo will never be able to meet some peoples' expectations, because they expect more than the industry can provide, namely Nintendo.

They announced more 1st party software than Sony and Microsoft, combined, in the first year, so perhaps their expectations were based off announcing so many titles in the first place. I guess that resulted in wanting them to keep that same pace, but it's still ignoring that they haven't announced that many games at once since the GCN days. Who knows?

Qwest

LzWinky

There are some people expecting a game a month. I doubt Nintendo has the resources to do this considering they also make 3DS games

Edited on by LzWinky

Bolt_Strike

I don't even care how many games they announce or that they announce new games from a particular franchise right this second, but I do care about the fact that most of the Wii U's lineup is pretty mediocre, they should at least announce something that makes people want to get a Wii U. And with the Wii U struggling and people losing interest, they need to act quickly, waiting until E3 to announce it is not a smart idea at all. I don't care what game they announce, just some kind of game that 1. is not a rehash and 2. demonstrates the Wii U's capabilities. Is that too much to ask?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

SCRAPPER392

Unca_Lz wrote:

I doubt Nintendo has the resources to do this considering they also make 3DS games

You would be right on that, which the same as saying that the industry can't provide enough, because Nintendo announced more 1st party software than Microsoft and Sony, combined.

Alot of the games they announced last year are already out, but those were part of the same announcement.

Alot of Nintendo's games are more multiplayer oriented, too, so people have no choice but to expect the most from Nintendo. That's what I figure, anyway.

Qwest

MuchoMochi

Unca_Lz wrote:

There are some people expecting a game a month. I doubt Nintendo has the resources to do this considering they also make 3DS games

Seriously dude! Seeing as there is at least one 3DS game being released every month from march until june and only one of those games is third party you think people would be more inclined to give Nintendo a break. People may be impatiently waiting for a specific game but if none of the games on the 3DS or the Wii U that are coming out until June aren't interesting to you that's your problem. Ubisoft also screwed up the spring line up a little by pushing the Wii U release forward, it's not all their fault but it does screw up the release schedule. We should all chill and just be happy Nintendo bothers giving us Directs at all.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

Pazzo-TheFool

Unca_Lz wrote:

I'd rather that than COD-like clones....

Here's how to fix Nintendo's community problems, HAVE A LITTLE PATIENCE PEOPLE.

Edited on by Pazzo-TheFool

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Jazzer94

Unca_Lz wrote:

I think this has more to do with some peoples general lack of understanding about how much work is required to make a game.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

skywake

JohnRedcorn wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

skywake wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

Wow. I'm surprised so many people don't know when seasons start and end. I'm pretty sure that was covered in first grade where I grew up.

They said "upto spring" so obviously they meant between now and the end of November

When Nintendo of America or Japan says "Spring" they are refering to the North American seasons. Spring is March-May.

Your head. The joke went over it.

Shouldn't jokes be funny? He's in Australia so I thought he was talking about their seasons.

No, you think?

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

AJ_Lethal

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I don't even care how many games they announce or that they announce new games from a particular franchise right this second, but I do care about the fact that most of the Wii U's lineup is pretty mediocre, they should at least announce something that makes people want to get a Wii U. And with the Wii U struggling and people losing interest, they need to act quickly, waiting until E3 to announce it is not a smart idea at all. I don't care what game they announce, just some kind of game that 1. is not a rehash and 2. demonstrates the Wii U's capabilities. Is that too much to ask?

Let me see... 3D World team is barely finishing their break (I suppose), Pikmin 3 team might be in early stages of developement, Retro is barely finishing DKCTF/starting their new project...

Yeah, you're asking too much at this point.

skywake

Teams and the stuffs they worked on:
EAD Kyoto 1: Mario Kart 8
EAD Kyoto 2: Wii Sports Club and Nintendo Land. Also AC:New Leaf
EAD Kyoto 3: The Zelda team so... obvious
EAD Kyoto 4: Pikmin 3
EAD Kyoto 5: Wii Fit U & Steel Diver Sub Wars

EAD Tokyo 1: Helper team. Last "big" game they did was Super Mario Galaxy
EAD Tokyo 2: NES Remix & 3D World

So basically we know that their main studios are right now working on:

• Mario Kart 8
  • Something Animal Crossing probably
  • Zelda for Wii U, basically 100% confirmed
  • Something new maybe next year from Pikmin & New SMB dudes
  • Probably that QoL product thing
  • Some small random thing
  • Another Mario, probably

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

spizzamarozzi

meh
we had a tide of doom and gloom during most of 2013 when games were actually coming out and Nintendo was doing a rather good job.
now that we get one release in six months everyone's surprisingly positive and jolly.
even if the studios have been busy, this show Nintendo's poor planning strategy - it shouldn't be justified.
plus you're all saying to keep the expectations real because this is not E3 - which is automatically going to lead people to have gigantic expectations for E3.
With this attitude, Nintendo has to launch the space ship to Neptune during E3 or the people who are happy now will get mental.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AJ_Lethal

spizzamarozzi wrote:

plus you're all saying to keep the expectations real because this is not E3 - which is automatically going to lead people to have gigantic expectations for E3.

I can't even...

AceDefective

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I think this has more to do with some peoples general lack of understanding about how much work is required to make a game.

You are so right about that... I had to made a XNA game in a week for a school project, unfortunately I choose to make a RPG from scratch. The game wasn't even 25% done in that time.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.