Forums

Topic: What did you think of the Nintendo Direct in relation to the Wii U?

Posts 141 to 160 of 279

MAN1AC

moomoo wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

moomoo wrote:

faint wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

Its pretty much what I expected.

Nintendo had nothing to show last year so they pretty much showed us their entire 2015 lineup. And a lack of 3rd party support means there will be a serious drought during the 1st half of the year with the one game a month thing happening in the 2nd half(if we're lucky).

Those of you who thought we were going to see big games must want them to embarrass themselves again at E3 or are delusional.

you mean 2014 and i doubt this is all of it. it's febuary for crying out loud

And they have virtually nothing from Donkey Kong to Mario Kart, which lasts 3 months. And summers are always pretty bad with game releases.

If they're showing us games way ahead of time like Smash Bros, X, Bayonetta, and Yarn Yoshi, what are the chances we'll see much outside of those 4 (if we even see all of those this year. The lack of a release date on X and a no-show by Yarn Yoshi make it look pretty unlikely)?

Funny. I didn't realize GBA and Remix 2 was "virtually nothing". Maybe "virtually nothing for moomoo"

Sorry, it's just hard for me to get hyped for an overpriced ROM-Hack with no online leaderboards and a bunch of games I already own (on a system that isn't even portable, no less).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not selling my Wii U. I'll buy and enjoy Mario Kart, Smash Bros and X. But unless if you love every game genre on the planet, you're going to see the effects of a major drought.

Also, virtually doesn't mean completely. It means, almost, nearly, etc. Which is exactly what NES Remix 2 and GBA games constitute as.

I feel the same way.
And I'm looking forward to GBA games but the rate that they put out notable VC titles so far means there's really nothing to get hyped for. Iwata claimed they overcame some VC hurdles so we'll have to wait and see.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

RancidVomit86

Perhaps every disagreement on this site should stick to Sega vs Nintendo. At least they are fun and about 2 legendary consoles that at the end everyone can at least agree they were awesome. Lol plus @MAB and I could flood them with Sega love.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Ryno

Jazzer94 wrote:

People are never happy, my only gripe was them putting the GBA ver of Yoshi's island instead of the Snes ver which is just better.

Many of us believe that is has something to do with the FX Chip that was used whether due to a proprietary or a compatibility thing because no FX Chip game has been re-released.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

kyuubikid213

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Here's what I got out of it.
Smash Bros., Bayonetta 2, and possibly X are the only reasons you should own this console. Wanting anything more will disappoint you.
Maybe DKC: tropical Freeze.

Implying there aren't any other games on the Wii U and these are the only games it will ever get.

Seriously, the PS4 and One aren't showing any reasons to upgrade from PS3 or 360. It's going to be the 7th generation all over again with a different brown and gray coat of paint.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

moomoo

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Perhaps every disagreement on this site should stick to Sega vs Nintendo. At least they are fun and about 2 legendary consoles that at the end everyone can at least agree they were awesome. Lol plus @MAB and I could flood them with Sega love.

Don't forget the insane love you'll see for the Dreamcast.
Which, by the way, is seeing a new game released in 4 days. Yes, it's another shooter, but hey, more reasons to play Dreamcast.
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/13/neo-xyx-joins-the-dreamcast...

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Jazzer94

Ryno wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

People are never happy, my only gripe was them putting the GBA ver of Yoshi's island instead of the Snes ver which is just better.

Many of us believe that is has something to do with the FX Chip that was used whether due to a proprietary or a compatibility thing because no FX Chip game has been re-released.

Yeah I know why they are doing it but I still feel disappointed as I want to playthrough the game with my little cus and really want to play the snes version that I no longer own.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@SCAR392 Terrible spot to ask for a source there. A source for potential sales incurred by a future release? Really? It's all just guessing at that point.

I was being sarcastic, because somehow my positive predictions are out of line in comparison to negative predictions. It's ironic.

It's not 'positive' vs 'negative'. It's 'outlandish' vs 'realistic'.

You make it sound like Mario Kart 8 won't sell copies or consoles like MKWii did. I think Mario Kart 8 will basically be on everyone's console, and will sell consoles. I admit that my 3 million prediction wasn't exactly what I think, but if MK8 did sell even 1 million Wii Us, it would be a big deal.

Then why not say a more believable/logical 1 million (even 2/3rds of that is a reasonable prediction), then go full on illogical fanboy and say it will sell 3 million Wii-U consoles in a month? Could have saved us from having this discussion.

MikeLove

RancidVomit86

moomoo wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Don't forget the insane love you'll see for the Dreamcast.
Which, by the way, is seeing a new game released in 4 days. Yes, it's another shooter, but hey, more reasons to play Dreamcast.
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/13/neo-xyx-joins-the-dreamcast...

It's still wonderful how much support the Dreamcast still gets. Be a sad day when it truly starts to dry up.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Jazzer94

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Smash Bros., Bayonetta 2, and possibly X are the only reasons you should own this console. Wanting anything more will disappoint you.

Implying there aren't any other games on the Wii U and these are the only games it will ever get.

Seriously, the PS4 and One aren't showing any reasons to upgrade from PS3 or 360. It's going to be the 7th generation all over again with a different brown and gray coat of paint.

Both of your comments are close minded and wrong the end.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@SCAR392 Terrible spot to ask for a source there. A source for potential sales incurred by a future release? Really? It's all just guessing at that point.

I was being sarcastic, because somehow my positive predictions are out of line in comparison to negative predictions. It's ironic.

It's not 'positive' vs 'negative'. It's 'outlandish' vs 'realistic'.

You make it sound like Mario Kart 8 won't sell copies or consoles like MKWii did. I think Mario Kart 8 will basically be on everyone's console, and will sell consoles. I admit that my 3 million prediction wasn't exactly what I think, but if MK8 did sell even 1 million Wii Us, it would be a big deal.

Then why not say a more believable/logical 1 million (even 2/3rds of that is a reasonable prediction), then go full on illogical fanboy and say it will sell 3 million Wii-U consoles in a month? Could have saved us from having this discussion.

I was exaggerating so that all the "doom masters" would get the idea that things aren't final until we actually see. I admit that it could go either way, but a positive opinion is widely more accepted than a negative one.

"Oh, MK8 will only sell like 10 copies, Wii U is doomed"

People are ridiculous like that.

EDIT: In otherwords: positively unrealistic vs. negatively unrealistic. If you think I'm a fanboy, then you're a "doom master".

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

RancidVomit86

@Jazzer94 Agreed fully.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

retired_account

TOTALLY excited to play Superstar Saga again on the big screen. Also: Little Mac looks ridiculously fun to play as, Mario Kart 8 will be a ton of fun, and X looks pretty darn good too. I'm pleased with everything on the horizon, but that said, I'm definitely glad that the Wii U isn't the only thing I'm relying on for gaming right now. (Vita <3 <3 <3)

retired_account

kkslider5552000

Jazzer94 wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Both of your comments are close minded and wrong the end.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kyuubikid213

@Jazzer94
OBVIOUSLY there are going to be must have titles on all of the 8th generation consoles later down the line, but comments like this make my blood boil when people get either the PS4 or One and claim the Wii U has nothing going for it.

One of my hallmates got CoD Ghosts for his 360 on launch day. Just a couple days back, he bought a One and with it... CoD Ghosts. However, he doesn't play it because his friends only have it on the 360... BUT getting the One is considered a more viable option even if the games people want are available on the previous system.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

moomoo

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@Jazzer94
OBVIOUSLY there are going to be must have titles on all of the 8th generation consoles later down the line, but comments like this make my blood boil when people get either the PS4 or One and claim the Wii U has nothing going for it.

The difference is future 3rd party support and developer/publisher enthusiasm.

If you don't like Nintendo games, and you don't like its current line-up, you have no reason to buy a Wii U. Nearly every indie game will also be on other platforms.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Retro_on_theGo

You make it sound like a bad thing. Err, well it is sales wise.
I'm perfectly happy if Bayonetta and Smash with an awesome roster is all this system gets. but Nintendo probably has SOMETHINGS saved for the E3.
Also it should be known by now I really hate the Wii U. I'm surprised how many people take my comments seriously. Go play Bayonetta guys.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

RancidVomit86

@kyuubikid213 If that's what he likes to play then what's wrong with it? Let people enjoy the games they do. Got the new console and wants the game he likes to play with it. Nothing wrong there.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

skywake

The VC update would have been enough for me if I cared about GBA on the Wii U VC at all. I would have even been happy if it was the GBA VC was out now and it was launching with Advance Wars. As it is I don't particularly care much about games I won't buy a few months from now.

That said the Smash and Kart announcements for new characters were both great. The trailer for DK looks as good as it has always and Yoshi's New Island is looking decent. Child of Light looked pretty damn good, I might get that, it also happened to be a Ubisoft game that's an RPG that also uses the GamePad. Ending all of the whine threads at once. Then there was that Pokemon puzzle game thing which also looked good.

Slightly disappointed that there's nothing much for Wii U before E3 outside of Kart, DK and some indie stuffs. Also slightly disappointed they didn't tease anything new for Wii U from the other side of E3 like they did early last year. Still, overall, 8/10. Wii U 7/10.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

AJ_Lethal

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Little Mac stole the show for the first minutes. And more Bayo 2 is goodness.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.