Forums

Topic: What did you think of the Nintendo Direct in relation to the Wii U?

Posts 101 to 120 of 279

MikeLove

Ryno wrote:

faint wrote:

i think they should stop anouncing things alltogether unless they are coming out next month. all you guys do is complain about waiting. maybe its better if you don't know.

Seems kinda like that is what they have been doing with the Wii U.

Untitled

MikeLove

MAN1AC

SCAR392 wrote:

I wasn't disappointed. It's my honest opinion that Nintendo's exclusive games "kill" anything Sony and Microsoft have planned. All they need is the upcoming 3rd party games, and Nintendo has struck gold.

It would be crazy if MK8 got 3 million consoles sold in June.

You've lost your mind.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AceDefective

You people upset wit the Direct seem to have way too high expectations, I thought it was okay.
Yeah, there wasn't a lot of Wii U games. So what? What they did show was great.
Honestly, if you're going to sell your Wii U because of this, then go ahead. There's the door, don't let hit you on the way out.
Hurtful, but true. You have only yourselves to blame for over hype.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

spizzamarozzi

It would have been a smashing direct if the moment wasn't so desperate. Considering how little faith there's in Nintendo at the moment, I thought they would have presented something more substantial and new for WiiU. Still, what has been shown was rather pretty!

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

MikeLove

faint wrote:

Ryno wrote:

faint wrote:

i think they should stop anouncing things alltogether unless they are coming out next month. all you guys do is complain about waiting. maybe its better if you don't know.

maybe they are tired of all the complaining and stupid reqests. just go to the smash miiverse page. it's insane.

A bunch of fanboys are going insane on miiverse? Shocking!

MikeLove

faint

MAN1AC wrote:

Its pretty much what I expected.

Nintendo had nothing to show last year so they pretty much showed us their entire 2015 lineup. And a lack of 3rd party support means there will be a serious drought during the 1st half of the year with the one game a month thing happening in the 2nd half(if we're lucky).

Those of you who thought we were going to see big games must want them to embarrass themselves again at E3 or are delusional.

you mean 2014 and i doubt this is all of it. it's febuary for crying out loud

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

RancidVomit86

@SCAR392 Terrible spot to ask for a source there. A source for potential sales incurred by a future release? Really? It's all just guessing at that point.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Donalp15

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I wasn't disappointed. It's my honest opinion that Nintendo's exclusive games "kill" anything Sony and Microsoft have planned. All they need is the upcoming 3rd party games, and Nintendo has struck gold.

It won't even sell 3 million copies by June, let alone new systems.

Source?

Common sense, and based on the fact that a major game like Super Mario 3D World only increased Wii-U sales by less than a million during the same period (assuming it was the sole reason for that sales increase).

What's your source for predicting that the Wii-U will sell 3 million units in June on the back of Mario Kart 8?

Well mario kart wii did sell 3 times better than super mario galaxy.

FC 0516 7736 7877

SCRAPPER392

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Source?

Common sense, and based on the fact that a major game like Super Mario 3D World only increased Wii-U sales by less than a million during the same period (assuming it was the sole reason for that sales increase).

What's your source for predicting that the Wii-U will sell 3 million units in June on the back of Mario Kart 8?

This isn't Super Mario 3D World, first of all. My source is that people buy Mario Kart by the millions. MKWii sold 1 million copies, 5 years after release. Of that translates to hardware sales, then it could happen.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

faint

JohnRedcorn wrote:

faint wrote:

Ryno wrote:

faint wrote:

maybe they are tired of all the complaining and stupid reqests. just go to the smash miiverse page. it's insane.

A bunch of fanboys are going insane on miiverse? Shocking!

did you not get the point? your right it's shoking woooow. my point is their behavior is exactly why ninty should stop anouncing anything untill a month before release.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Klimbatize

Ryno wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

I still see no reason to buy a Wii U right now. 2017 still looks about right to me.

Is that the release date Whomp 'Em HD?

We can only hope and pray.

Lord Jesus, please make this happen.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Source?

When does a guess need a source?

How are we supposed to know it's a guess?

Common sense and comprehension (not being rude just answering your question).

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

MAN1AC wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

You've lost your mind.

Correction: You have lost yours, so now you are confused and am accusing me of losing mine.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LzWinky

moomoo wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Of course you're going to be disappointed if you expected 50 new games to be announced when Nintendo already said they'd talk about the few games we already knew about with some surprises.

I was satisfied with the Direct.

To everyone saying they're going to sell their Wii Us for PS4s or Ones, why did you buy one in the first place?

Because we thought we'd have more games by now.
Because we thought, based off of Nintendo's track record with past machines, that they would have wowed us by now with their creativity.
Because we thought that the dismal lack of games last year would have indicated more games coming out this year.
Because we thought it'd get some semblance of 3rd party support (which is looking like it's not happening outside of downloadable stuff).

I don't necessarily feel all of these, but I can see where people are coming from.

Also, if Nintendo is going to focus on spring releases, and then mostly just show us Wii U games that aren't coming out in spring, you'd think they'd at least throw us a bone and show us other things not coming out in Spring.

So people bought it to wait out for something good that was never promised?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SMEXIZELDAMAN

What's the WiiU?

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

DanMan82

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Source?

I see where this thread is going...Maybe If I back away slowly they won't be able to see me.

Untitled

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."- Michael Jordan
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – ?????

LzWinky

JohnRedcorn wrote:

faint wrote:

what major studio do you know of that puts all their cards on the table for a whole year at its begining and before e3?

What other company keeps milking the same releases (X, MK8, SSB, DKC, Bayonetta 2) for 14 months?

Capcom and Squeenix

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Donalp15

The direct was focused on spring releases, so to see anything new is being optimistic. We will be seeing zelda u at e3 and hopefully something like metroid and a couple of other nice things too, so all in all, a better direct than I expected.

FC 0516 7736 7877

moomoo

faint wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

Nintendo had nothing to show last year so they pretty much showed us their entire 2015 lineup. And a lack of 3rd party support means there will be a serious drought during the 1st half of the year with the one game a month thing happening in the 2nd half(if we're lucky).

Those of you who thought we were going to see big games must want them to embarrass themselves again at E3 or are delusional.

And they have virtually nothing from Donkey Kong to Mario Kart, which lasts 3 months. And summers are always pretty bad with game releases.

If they're showing us games way ahead of time like Smash Bros, X, Bayonetta, and Yarn Yoshi, what are the chances we'll see much outside of those 4 (if we even see all of those this year. The lack of a release date on X and a no-show by Yarn Yoshi make it look pretty unlikely)?

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

MAN1AC

faint wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

Typo
And no this isnt all they have but whatever other games theyre working on a far away from being released and they have to have something to show at E3. They need to make a big impression if they want to turn things around for the Wii U.

Its just the reality of the situation.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.