Forums

Topic: What are you most interested in with the Wii U?

Posts 101 to 120 of 164

Electricmastro

mamp wrote:

Games, Nintendo consoles don't offer much else other than their amazing games which is the only reason for a Nintendo console.

Then what do Sony and Microsoft consoles offer?

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

LzWinky

Arkham City

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

skywake

@Mandoble You were surprised by how underpowered the Wii was when you got it? What were you looking at that gave you the impression that it was more powerful than what it is? :S

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Electricmastro

skywake wrote:

You were surprised by how underpowered the Wii was when you got it? What were you looking at that gave you the impression that it was more powerful than what it is? :S

In that case, the person definately wasn't looking at Xenoblade Chronicles.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

ADaviii

At this time, the only games that I have genuine interest in with Wii U are P-100 and Wii Fit U. This may change as the years go by, though .

In terms of what I'm most excited about, I'm still taken aback by the fact that I can take a picture and virtually "throw" it on the TV with the slide of a finger!

I will have more interest in buying Wii U itself once I see more creative uses out of Wii U's Gamepad. I see a lot of potential in this thing but I want to see it realized and utilized by game developers. I would also like to see more new IPs with Wii U (they don't have to be huge blockbusters ). It was the little stuff I liked on Wii and I'm hoping to see more risks taken with Wii U along with more takes on the Mario world (Mario has been to space...what else could they possibly do with him and how will they use the Gamepad with a new 3D Mario game!?!?!)

Be kind to yourself and to others.

mamp

Electricmastro wrote:

mamp wrote:

Games, Nintendo consoles don't offer much else other than their amazing games which is the only reason for a Nintendo console.

Well Nintendo focuses on gaming, it doesn't have a blu-ray/DVD player and it's not a multi-media console like PS360

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Mandoble

@skywake, I was not looking for anything. Wii specs were not public yet and I assumed it was similar to the other two, each one with its own exclusives but with most games being multiplatform between these three. Later on I discovered that the Wii was actually underpowered even when compared with the original XBoX (and so, incredibly overpriced too), so the other two got all the multiplatform titles and only few poor ports were tried for the Wii.

Mandoble

skywake

Mandoble wrote:

@skywake, I was not looking for anything. Wii specs were not public yet and I assumed it was similar to the other two, each one with its own exclusives but with most games being multiplatform between these three. Later on I discovered that the Wii was actually underpowered even when compared with the original XBoX (and so, incredibly overpriced too), so the other two got all the multiplatform titles and only few poor ports were tried for the Wii.

It wasn't less powerful than the original Xbox but it was more or less identical. If you were under the illusion at the time that it was equal to the 360/PS3 then I don't know where you were looking to get that impression. The internet responded to the Wii anouncement with Nintendo fanboys shouting "gameplay > graphics" and even when the Wii launched the 360 had Gears and Beers.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

shingi_70

The Wii wasn't that weak it just seemes there was effort to push the hardware to the Max. I mean the rouge squardren games look better than most wii games today. I mostly blame that on nintendo. Ot really caring but it makes me sad the wii didn't have a technical marvel wt the end of its lifecycle like Halo 4 or the Last of Us. I guess you can consider skyward sword since it does motion control very well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Bread-Not-Toast

Playing Wii U games on the controller without a TV.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

NinChocolate

@/kyuubikid213 That's precisely my reason too. I'm likely to play most of the time right off the gamepad with games that let me instead of the tv. It's like a new handheld in HD almost, love it.

NinChocolate

shingi_70

Electricmastro wrote:

mamp wrote:

[/div]

Currently I use my 360 for

Games
Netflix
ESPN (can watch the Nba finals without cable)
Last.FM
youtube
Vevo

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Electricmastro

Nick-Clegg wrote:

Playing Wii U games on the controller without a TV.

I'm sure the tv is necessary for it, otherwise it would just be a standalone handheld.

AlexSays

Well it will probably come in a pretty box, so I guess there's that.

AlexSays

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

mamp wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Currently I use my 360 for

Games
Netflix
ESPN (can watch the Nba finals without cable)
Last.FM
youtube
Vevo

that's maybe cool for the FUTURE or whatever, but I have a computer.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

AlexSays

kkslider5552000 wrote:

lol well if you're concerned with the absolute basics, you chose the right company.

I give you credit for that.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

kkslider5552000

AlexSays wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

[/div]

lol well if you're concerned with the absolute basics, you chose the right company.

I give you credit for that.

Thank you. Now excuse me while I don't use Bing and IE9.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

eternalstar0211

I am interested in:
Miiverse
Gamepad
Eshop
And games

Now Waiting for: Animal Crossing 3ds and the Wii U
Love forum games!

Knux

Using it as firewood.

Knux

Electricmastro

Knux wrote:

Using it as firewood.

[/div]

I'm sorry, but I don't recall the 3DS being made out of wood, a Pong console maybe, but not the 3DS.

Edited on by Electricmastro

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.