Forums

Topic: Was this E3 the final nail in the coffin for the Wii U?

Posts 541 to 543 of 543

Discostew

What we know is that Wii U and 3DS are still going to be supported even after the NX releases. That's likely where the idea of Wii U getting support into 2017 is coming from.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/07/nintendo_nx_will_avo...

When NX is launched, there already will be a certain volume of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U hardware widely existing in the market, so from a software business perspective, it would be highly inefficient to stop releasing titles for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U right after the launch of NX.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

TuVictus

I really doubt they're going to support the Wii U in any significant way after the launch of their home console. The Wii was not when the Wii U launched (for about a year before it launched, actually), and the gamecube was not when the Wii was shown. I'm thinking support for Iwata might mean still releasing eShop or virtual console games. Because there's no way they're going to put any meaningful dev teams to make Wii U games when they could be working on next-gen console games.

TuVictus

GrailUK

@TwilightAngel: Source: The internet silly! Go look and don't just take my word for it.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.