Forums

Topic: Was this E3 the final nail in the coffin for the Wii U?

Posts 441 to 460 of 543

Blast

KryptoKrunch wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Nintendo had one underwhelming presentation and some of you peeps are crying and throwing a tantrum? Grow up.

No more new games for the Wii U? Were your eyes close during the presentation or you just have to hate for no reason? There were 3 new games premiered and a handful of what's coming up this year. Just because those games aren't the one you wanted, doesn't mean they're not new games. Some of you guys are unbelievable. The Wii U is still well and alive, stop being a whiny baby.

This. Nintendo's E3 was disappointing, yes but why are people pretending that the Wii U doesn't have any games left?!

We still got:

Super Mario Maker
Yoshi's WW
Devil's Third
Rodea the Sky Soldier
Fatal Frame V
Star Fox Zero
Zelda(still confirmed for Wii U I'm not going to jump to conclusions and assume it'll be NX too)
SMT X Fire Emblem
Project Robot
Project Guard(This one developed by Platinum so this should be amazing btw)
Mario Tennis
Animal Crossing

• a bunch of indies

Nintendo should've had a better E3 and shown off more games but people can't pretend that the Wii U doesn't have solid future. It's weird because I don't remember people freaking out last year when Sony had a underwhelming E3. I'm still ticked that Sony left the Vita in the dust, again.

I love my Wii U but Nintendo's E3 was just freaking horrible and embarrassing. Mario Tennis U instead of Mario Strikers U or Mario Baseball U? Animal Crossing: Amiibo Party instead of true Animal Crossing? Next Level Games working on a Metroid spinoff instead of Luigi Mansion Wii U? Retro not working on Metroid Wii U?! I can go on and on how Nintendo's Digital Event was garbage! Of course the Wii U has games... But what matters is what exactly are those games!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

RR529

Blast wrote:

KryptoKrunch wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Nintendo had one underwhelming presentation and some of you peeps are crying and throwing a tantrum? Grow up.

No more new games for the Wii U? Were your eyes close during the presentation or you just have to hate for no reason? There were 3 new games premiered and a handful of what's coming up this year. Just because those games aren't the one you wanted, doesn't mean they're not new games. Some of you guys are unbelievable. The Wii U is still well and alive, stop being a whiny baby.

This. Nintendo's E3 was disappointing, yes but why are people pretending that the Wii U doesn't have any games left?!

We still got:

Super Mario Maker
Yoshi's WW
Devil's Third
Rodea the Sky Soldier
Fatal Frame V
Star Fox Zero
Zelda(still confirmed for Wii U I'm not going to jump to conclusions and assume it'll be NX too)
SMT X Fire Emblem
Project Robot
Mario Tennis
Animal Crossing

• a bunch of indies

Nintendo should've had a better E3 and shown off more games but people can't pretend that the Wii U doesn't have solid future. It's weird because I don't remember people freaking out last year when Sony had a underwhelming E3. I'm still ticked that Sony left the Vita in the dust, again.

I love my Wii U but Nintendo's E3 was just freaking horrible and embarrassing. Mario Tennis U instead of Mario Strikers U or Mario Baseball U? Animal Crossing: Amiibo Party instead of true Animal Crossing? Next Level Games working on a Metroid spinoff instead of Luigi Mansion Wii U? Retro not working on Metroid Wii U?! I can go on and on how Nintendo's Digital Event was garbage! Of course the Wii U has games... But what matters is what exactly are those games!

To the bolded: Since when has Mario Tennis been considered a lesser series than Mario Strikers or Mario Sluggers?

I'm not saying it's better than the other two series, but from what I've seen, all three (well 4, if you include Mario Golf) Mario sports titles are more or less considered even amongst the fan base. I highly doubt the fan reception of the Nintendo Digital Event would have been much, if any different had the Mario sports game had been replaced with a different Mario sports game...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Blast

RR529 wrote:

Blast wrote:

KryptoKrunch wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

We still got:

Super Mario Maker
Yoshi's WW
Devil's Third
Rodea the Sky Soldier
Fatal Frame V
Star Fox Zero
SMT X Fire Emblem
Project Robot
Mario Tennis
Animal Crossing

• a bunch of indies

To the bolded: Since when has Mario Tennis been considered a lesser series than Mario Strikers or Mario Sluggers?

I'm not saying it's better than the other two series, but from what I've seen, all three (well 4, if you include Mario Golf) Mario sports titles are more or less considered even amongst the fan base. I highly doubt the fan reception of the Nintendo Digital Event would have been much, if any different had the Mario sports game had been replaced with a different Mario sports game...

We already had Mario Tennis on 3DS. Most of the people that played Mario Tennis U at E3 said it was boring and hoped there was much more to the game. And yes... Mario Strikers U and Mario Sluggers U would've been nice.

Master of the Hype Train

SRod8674

It's hard to say, depends on your view. I personally didn't care too much for the direct. I don't see myself buying nothing for WiiU other than Star Fox and Chronicles X in the coming months. I'm sure theres a few more surprises left for the Wii U, I hope! Bummer its having such a short life span!

Edited on by SRod8674

SRod8674

Nintendo Network ID: SRod8674

iKhan

Speaking for myself, all Mario sports titles are equally pointless. I have literally no desire to play as Mario and Co in a sports game, minus maybe Golf purely because I don't care for the professional sport at all.

I play sports games in part for some feeling that I am controlling, competing against, or playing among my favorite players and teams.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

MsJubilee

Hey look at you guys getting back on topic.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

UGXwolf

@Blast This is what bugs me most about gamers as of late. They pigeonhole studios expecting them to make that thing and only that thing. Why should Next Level not make Metroid? Why should Retro HAVE to make Metroid? And above all, you seem to think Nintendo's standing over these devs with a folder full of pink slips going "make this game or else." If Next Level doesn't choose to make Luigi's Mansion U, why should they be expected to? Game Development is an art that's being treated as a Science. Let the devs do as they please. Tends to end better for everyone.

Meanwhile, instead of acting like Nintendo's a traitor for having games that don't immediately strike us, how about we look at what we DO have and just give the rest a try, if we get the chance?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

shaneoh

UGXwolf wrote:

Meanwhile, instead of acting like Nintendo's a traitor for having games that don't immediately strike us, how about we look at what we DO have and just give the rest a try, if we get the chance?

You're asking the impossible, you're asking people to be reasonable

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Sean_Aaron

I can play this game of complaining about the games shown too: screw Metroid and that other rubbish, where the hell is the Wii U Tetris game already? Seriously that was the Gameboy pack-in game, not Mario!

Edited on by Jazzer94

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Haru17

Please stop attempting sarcasm, you're not very good at it -_-

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

LzWinky

I would say yes to the original question, but I must play Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World first

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

IceClimbers

There's been a lot of "final nails in the coffin". I don't believe E3 was the last one. There's more nails to go!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Discostew

For every nail hammered into the Nintendo coffin, some other nail pops out. There can never be a final nail because Nintendo just keeps going and going.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

TuVictus

LztheQuack wrote:

I would say yes to the original question, but I must play Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World first

Yup, pretty much my thoughts

TuVictus

Haru17

Discostew wrote:

For every nail hammered into the Nintendo coffin, some other nail pops out. There can never be a final nail because Nintendo just keeps going and going.

Well, no one here said Nintendo itself would meet a coffin.

Haru17

UGXwolf wrote:

@Haru17: To be fair, it will. Eventually. Just doesn't appear that'll be any time soon.

So will the Maldives, coal power plants, and Hot Pockets(tm). Regardless, existential nihilism isn't a very relevant point concerning Nintendo games.

Blast

UGXwolf wrote:

@Blast This is what bugs me most about gamers as of late. They pigeonhole studios expecting them to make that thing and only that thing. Why should Next Level not make Metroid? Why should Retro HAVE to make Metroid? And above all, you seem to think Nintendo's standing over these devs with a folder full of pink slips going "make this game or else." If Next Level doesn't choose to make Luigi's Mansion U, why should they be expected to? Game Development is an art that's being treated as a Science. Let the devs do as they please. Tends to end better for everyone.

I was hoping Next Level Games was working on Luigi Mansion U to redeem themselves after Luigi Mansion 3D. LM 3D wasn't bad at all. It was a good game but it was lacking in a few areas. A few others and I was hoping that LM U could be the best in series. I wanted Retro to do Metroid because well... they actually seem like to be the best guys for the job at the moment. Just saying.

Before Nintendo's E3 Digital Event happened, I was thinking to myself "Okay, Devil's 3rd and Fatal Frame will get some time to shine. XCX, Star Fox U, SMTxFE, Yoshi WW, Super Mario Maker and some others are pretty much guaranteed to be there. Hopefully we'll get some more cool surprises like last year's E3." I didn't really go into Nintendo's Digital Event thinking it would be that amazing but when that Digital Event ended.... I literally stared at my computer in disbelief. It was probably the first time in a long time where I actually felt extremely let down at Nintendo. I'm not trying to over-exaggerate or make things sound super extreme. But that Digital Event was just a blow to me. I'm still a big Nintendo fan but I've learned my lesson from that Event. I can't defend them for that Digital Event. I just can't. I'm not hating Metroid Prime: Federation Force or Animal Crossing: Amiibo Party or even Mario Tennis U. I don't HATE those games. I'm just letdown that they exist at this point. I said before that its gonna take amazingly detailed Nintendo Directs to convince me to play those games.

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Here's a crazy thought; Next Level Games shouldn't make Metroid because they're not good nor well-equipped enough to do it. Also, Yacht Club Games and Mojang shouldn't make Zelda, Call of Duty, or Uncharted. Because they're not good enough. And it'd be bad, a joke really. Almost as silly as a Metroid game without Samus.

TuVictus

Remember that awkward looking concept art for the cancelled Metroid 3DS game? Next Level seem like they can't really just do a regular Metroid artstyle. Though I would have preferred that rat looking Samus to Chibi federation soldiers. At least her proportions were normal.

TuVictus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.