Wii U Forum

Topic: Walk in any store and Wii U section is void of people or new stuff

Showing 21 to 40 of 67

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

21. Posted:

lol. The quality is same regardless of digital or physical.

I see the same amount of people at the Nintendo section as I do the other gaming sections at the stores where I live: a few people. But at least Nintendo has the same amount as the others. I think I see more families checking out the Nintendo section, though, and more young adults at the ps3/xbox sections. And I never see anyone at the pc gaming section.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

22. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

lol. The quality is same regardless of digital or physical.

Untitled

Actually if you ask Sam Fisher he will tell you that Splinter Cell runs alot better digitally over physical anyday of the week ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

23. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

lol. The quality is same regardless of digital or physical.

Untitled

Actually if you ask Sam Fisher he will tell you that Splinter Cell runs alot better digitally over physical anyday of the week ;)

Well how I could disagree with that handsome face?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

24. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

lol. The quality is same regardless of digital or physical.

Untitled

Actually if you ask Sam Fisher he will tell you that Splinter Cell runs alot better digitally over physical anyday of the week ;)

Well how I could disagree with that handsome face?

Sam fisher ether looks like he partied a little too hard last night, or perhaps he's overly stressed from everybody buying those inferior digital copies.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WhereEaglesDare

25. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

lol. The quality is same regardless of digital or physical.

Untitled

Actually if you ask Sam Fisher he will tell you that Splinter Cell runs alot better digitally over physical anyday of the week ;)

That's because an HDD is faster than the optical drive.

You're right though, that guy (troll?) has no clue what he's talking about saying digital is inferior quality... Probably heard that GTA V is inferior digitally on PSN (it is perhaps because that game is optimized for streaming off the optical drive and the HDD so textures pop in slightly.) The fact that an HDD is faster than an optical drive is precisely why both PS4 and XB1 will install all games to the HDD (also wear and tear on the optical drive.)

WhereEaglesDare

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

26. Posted:

BanjoThreeie wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

lol. The quality is same regardless of digital or physical.

Untitled

Actually if you ask Sam Fisher he will tell you that Splinter Cell runs alot better digitally over physical anyday of the week ;)

That's because an HDD is faster than the optical drive.

You're right though, that guy (troll?) has no clue what he's talking about saying digital is inferior quality... Probably heard that GTA V is inferior digitally on PSN (it is perhaps because that game is optimized for streaming off the optical drive and the HDD so textures pop in slightly.) The fact that an HDD is faster than an optical drive is precisely why both PS4 and XB1 will install all games to the HDD (also wear and tear on the optical drive.)

Exactamondo compadre... Games are getting way too big to run off the slow disc drives ;)

Untitled

The sillyness of the people that think otherwise makes Sam want to throw up in this toilet... Or is it from partying too much last night ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

27. Posted:

@CountWavula
There is no difference between digital and physical on the Wii U or the 3DS.

I actually brought up the slighly less quality from digital PS3 games months ago. The reason that happens is because they send a compressed version so it downloads faster and saves Sony money on bandwidth.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

28. Posted:

Unless it's around Christmas time, I don't notice many people in any part of the gaming section, TBH.

Our K-Mart is particularly pathetic, though. 50%-60% of their 3DS selection is still launch window stuff. They never carried FE:A, Castlevania, Animal Crossing, or any of the Atlus games released this year. The only times they'll carry a new 3DS game, is if it has Mario in it, or is a popular licensed cartoon/movie tie in.

Don't even get me started on their Wii U or Vita sections, if they're even large enough to be called sections...

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Norik

29. Posted:

I love how 60%+ of this thread is completely offtopic.

ಠ_ಠ

And yes, I went to gamestop today and even the demo station was empty. :(

It's hard to free fools from the chains they revere.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Neko_Rukiafan

30. Posted:

At least your store has something current...I have no idea why, but my local Gamestop location doesn't even sell Wii U or 3DS consoles or games yet they still sell PS1 and N64 consoles and games lol. xD

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com est. on March 16th 2011

Currently in need of new news anchors and reviewers!

Twitter: WiiWareWave

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

31. Posted:

If true, that sounds amazing.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cookiex

32. Posted:

I was going to check a local GameStop yesterday but I didn't get there until they closed. There's often at least some activity in the Nintendo sections (though I've never seen a Wii U demo station anywhere), unless it's like the retailer I visit the most (an online retailer pick-up point) where there's only FIFA and the occasional mega-third party game demos on stage.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage
Avatar

micronean

33. Posted:

GamerJunkie wrote:

Anytime I go in a best buy, a walmart, a gamestop, a target, or any other store that has games/consoles in it, you walk by the Wii U section and nobody is looking at anything, they are always in other sections and so are the workers.

Well I have a Wii U, my GF lives with me and loves Nintendo games so we check it, she will say, "lets see whats new to buy, i want something new." Every time we are disappointed as nothing new is there to buy. Its embarrassing almost to even go to the Wii u section, you feel like people are looking at you saying "those idiots bought a Wii U hahaha"

Its sad man..... Nintendo really messed up this time.

Walmarts and Targets are usually pretty bad. They only have that ONE games display, against the wall, with games which you could never touch because it's locked behind a pane of glass. Then, when you want to buy a game, you have to search all over the electronics department for the 60yr old man with the keys to the display case. It's a real unsatisfying experience--and one that hasn't changed in 25 years!

With the smaller Walmarts/Targets, the selection is made even worse because they only seem to stock Nintendo-published titles and 3rd-party sports titles (EA). With the spectacular summer drought of the Wii U, that small nintendo corner became totally pitiful. It wouldn't have surprised me to find cobwebs there.

micronean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

34. Posted:

I don't care, I went to the shops to grab a Pokemans on the weekend and there were plenty of other people also grabbing Pokemans. Kids playing games on all of the demo stations including the Nintendo ones. Rayman Origins of all games on the PS3/360 demo units. When I go into Target/Kmart/BigW it's usually the same although they only have Nintendo demo units in those shops. Frequently being used.

but again, why would I care? Pokemons is more interesting than this thread.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

35. Posted:

Last time I went into a game story, literally everyone there was selling their games (including me). It was when GTA V launched though, so I guess that had something to do with it
I even sold my physical Wii U games so I could just download them digitally

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

36. Posted:

Most of the time when I am in the game section at a store it is empty or their is some kid trying to convince their parent to buy them GTA... sadly, most of the time the parent caves

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

37. Posted:

I see people in the Nintendo or Xbox 360 sections most of the time at Best Buy. Then, I see most people looking at the Xbox 360 or PS3 shelf at GameStop, with Xbox 360 "winning" for the most par on both occasions.

Kids always go for the 3DS, though. The PS Vita is usually frozen or behind a plactic case(sometimes because it's frozen, at GameStop). I think PS Vita demo kiosks are only allowed a certain amount of demo time at GameStop or something, because it's in or out of the case at certain times.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

atlantis01

38. Posted:

It's true that in some shops Nintendo will not have a lot of stock on the shelves but that's not true for ALL shops. There are lots of shops in my area with large devoted areas to Nintendo, one has a large flat screen showing off Wii U games. Another has lots of posters, they review the games, and they have tons and tons of games all SEPERATED from the Wii games which is important. And I see lots of people looking at Wii U games in the shops. Kids and older people.

atlantis01

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

39. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@CountWavula
There is no difference between digital and physical on the Wii U or the 3DS.

I actually brought up the slighly less quality from digital PS3 games months ago. The reason that happens is because they send a compressed version so it downloads faster and saves Sony money on bandwidth.

Well that's good to hear, because this isn't the case like you pointed out on the PS3 or their awful looking Bluray digital downloads on the PSN. Good to see that Nintendo didn't screw this up like Sony did. :P Still, i've got zero interest in going digital. I'll always want something physical to hold on to. Having no case, booklet or disc would make the purchase at least for me feel rather empty. different strokes, but i'm old school and i love building up a nice collection.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SofaKing

40. Posted:

Unless its popular for some reason at a particular time, be it new bundles, new popular games, or new systems, most games system sections are rarely visited. Most big sales come and go within the first month or two and then after you start to see a big drop as people start to focus on other things. That's why black Friday and holiday sales are the biggest times for the gaming industry. Also another big hit is after Christmas sales. So walk through your gaming area again around those times and you'll see a big difference.

Nintendo Network ID: Mitsudude