Forums

Topic: $102 Game pad repair!

Posts 81 to 91 of 91

blaisedinsd

alternatively you could probably drain the battery to empty if you don't have the screwdriver you need. that might not work the same though

sounds like it's most likely a software glitch that would be fixed by removing the battery

SW-7087-5868-6390

bezerker99

Well, after another 2 and a half weeks of having my Wii U at Nintendo's repair shop, they sent it back saying they couldn't find anything wrong with my system.

I took a video this morning showing what it's doing. I dunno. I will just use the Wii Mote to turn on my Wii U from now on or walk to the console and do it from there.

Edited on by bezerker99

I_Am_Kappa

do we REALLY want to confuse the consumer more? I mean come on! They are already blind enough to don't notice the new or the U so how are they gonna notice this new model?

I_Am_Kappa

Hy8ogen

@bezerker99 Man I really feel bad for you. It's like everything Nintendo is just not working for you.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Grawbad

I don't know much about the internals. Anybody know what the battery inside the console is for? Maybe popping that out and waiting a few to pop it back in? With the system unplugged of course.
It could be, that a hard reset of the system, or even unplugging it is not doing what it does for other consoles due to that battery. Probably way off here, but a thought I would mention it.

There are instructions in the manual for replacing it.

Edited on by Grawbad

Grawbad

bezerker99

Hy8ogen wrote:

@bezerker99 Man I really feel bad for you. It's like everything Nintendo is just not working for you.

It's all good. I accepted the fact that my 3ds save data was gone weeks ago. And as far as my Wii U goes, I'm just glad it works. If the Power button on the gamepad is all that's wrong with it (I just disabled the Quick Star Menu, that was cool the few months I had it), I will just get up and turn the power on each and every time.

If Nintendo can't fix my my issues, then I give up and must move on with things.

It just sucks because my repair cost $114 and what they essentially did was fixed the problem I was experiencing but then left me with two new and apparently unsolvable problems. For that sort of money, I figured they could have 100% fixed my Wii U. I could have put that money towards a new Wii U down the road - at least a new Wii U would hopefully work 100% correctly.

Botton line: The Gamepad costs way too much to repair if you ask me.

Edited on by bezerker99

Ryno

bezerker99 wrote:

Bottom line: The Gamepad costs way too much to repair if you ask me.

Heck yeah it does, $114.00 should get you a brand new pad for that price.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

bezerker99

blaisedinsd wrote:

Actually it is the thread if you look at the forum and the original post and are not just considering the bump.

Anyway, Try taking the battery completely out of the gamepad for a few minutes and then re-sync.

I fully removed the battery from my Gamepad last night for about 20 seconds and then reinstalled. Afterward it still would not power on my Wii U.

Edited on by bezerker99

bezerker99

I finally fixed my problem!

After exhausting every means I knew to fix my Gamepad's power button problem, I was FINALLY able to de-sync my Gamepad and thus that allowed me to RE-SYNC it, and ultimately, fixing my issue(s).

I had read on the internet earlier today that if you hold down the red sync button on the Wii U console for 30 seconds it would de-sync everything, including the Wii U Gamepad. Well, I tried that and it wasn't working. Thinking maybe it desynced everything w/o a warning or notice of some sort, I tried to re-sync my Gamepad (only to find that it was currently still synced).

So I then turned everything off, took my stylus and used the tip to touch the red sync button on the back of the gamepad. With that button pressed in, I pressed the Power button on my Gamepad and instantly a resyncing screen (the four cards) appeared on the Gamepad screen. I then physically pressed my Wii U's console power button and once it loaded up I pressed sync on it, thus bringing up the four card syncronization screen.

This was probably the 50th thing I've done to try and resolve this issue. I have learned (again) that patience pays off, my friends! Never give up! Rome wasn't built in a day and Edison didn't make light happen on his first (or 50th) bulb!

@Hy8ogen - my humblest apologies for my rude comments the last month or so. I was way out of line and am embarassed reading them now.

Hy8ogen

@bezerker99 Don't worry about it. Now get going with MH4U.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.