Forums

Topic: $102 Game pad repair!

Posts 61 to 80 of 91

WiiUseeker2

mr_shanetastic wrote:

Just got off the phone with Nintendo. Kids busted game pad screen and repair is $102.00, don't want to replace because it's Wind Waker model.

Anyway long story short, break is our fault but Nintendo should really make a Pro Controller only "Nintendo U". The system is too expensive given current (mostly subsidized) tech. $199 Nintendo U, $269-299 Nintendo Wii+U with Gamepad. Patch games and OS that requires pad. Sell it separately as upgrade.

There is no reason for console to fail because of this great but expensive packed in accessory. The games available and coming are greater than PS4 and One lineup. Eliminate the Wii altogether from base model. Sell an simple adaptor to play ds games when Gamepad is available. Get Nintendo Network/Miiverse/and some kind of Nintendo community app out now to iOS and Android! Add achievement (stamps) to the deal.

Simple, easy to follow path that Nintendo seems oblivious to. Let's make it known=)

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not remove wii backwards compatibility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WiiUseeker2

Octane

That moment when you realise you have been reading a year old thread for over 15 minutes...

Octane

Endriu7777

The gamepad is what worries me most actually. I try not to use if I dont absolutely have to (captain toad for example). I just hope it will live long enough...

Pity they do not offer it separately. I guess sending it in for repair doesnt provide any warranty...

I am planning to buy a second wii u in the long run, though...

Endriu7777

bezerker99

My Wii U and Gamepad have been gone now for 14 whole days. I've received two repair order #s from Nintendo regarding this. Both indicate my unit is "In Service".

Thank goodness Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is being released tomorrow, I'm going crazy trying to find games to play while my Wii U is out. (How long does it take to repair? OMG)

MegaMari0

I have a 2 year old who regularly handles the gamepad. I'm just asking for a repair bill. Suprisingly he knows how to use it very well. Starts up any game and even browse through netflix to find his favorite Mater's Tall Tales movie.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

bezerker99

I received my repaired Wii U and Gamepad from Nintendo yesterday......exactly 3 weeks later.

And I'm already having issues with it. Apparently, now....the only way to turn on my Wii U console is with Wii Mote or by pushing power on the unit itself. Hitting power on the Gamepad does not turn it on. In fact, the Wii U Quick Menu doesn't even load. It says there is no connection to be found between the gamepad and the wii u console and to turn it off and try again in a few minutes. However, the Gamepad works just fine and syncs with the Wii U console after pressing power on the console itself.

I'm contacting Nintendo again. I paid $114.73 to have my Wii U fixed and best believe I'm not going to rest until it's done 100%.

MegaMari0

that's the spirit rip into Nintendo lol

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

bezerker99

munchakoopas wrote:

that's the spirit rip into Nintendo lol

In all seriousness, lol, what would you do? I keep asking myself is it worth the trouble of sending everything off to Nintendo again to repair just this one problem. It's a minor problem, but still....

When I go home on my lunch break, I'm going to try turning on my console by hitting the Home button on the Gamepad (haven't tried that yet, I've just been hitting Power).

bezerker99

Azooooz wrote:

Since you've just received your gamepad, you have to sync it with the Wii U again. Follow this guide:
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_...

My Gamepad is already synced. Gamepad works fine other than it won't power on the console. Once the console is on, the Gamepad wakes up and connects to it and does everything it's supposed to do. Even powers off the machine.

The Wii U Quick Start Menu won't load - that's another issue I forgot to mention.

EDIT: I'm on hold right now with Nintendo tech support.

Edited on by bezerker99

Azooooz

Good luck!

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

bezerker99

I have been on the phone with Nintendo customer support three times today and I must say it was a pleasurable experience. Friendly and courteous they are. Unfortunately, the problem I am having appears to be something new that their tech support hasn't encountered before. Therefore I am sending my unit back to Nintendo for repair.

FYI - here's the message I was getting on my Gamepad when I hit the power button on it (this is with the Wii U Quick Start Menu enabled).
Untitled

When I disable the Wii U Quick Start Menu, it just boots up to a white screen with Nintendo logo and then gives me an error message saying it can't connect to the wii u console and to move the gamepad closer. smdh.

DefHalan

I would try to sync it up to the console again. I know you said it is already synced, but I would suggest doing it again. Other than that stick to what Nintendo says

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

blaisedinsd

The console would be better and more consumer friendly if basic functionality was not tethered to the gamepad. On ebay you can get the console for cheaper than the gamepad in many cases. That just seems ridiculous to me.

If it wasn't so tethered they could be selling the console way cheaper (price always matters) and if they were selling more consoles they would sell more software (which is where most of the profit is). This was the entire reason they made a 2DS....to lower the price to sell more consoles which means more people buying software.

SW-7087-5868-6390

bezerker99

DefHalan wrote:

I would try to sync it up to the console again. I know you said it is already synced, but I would suggest doing it again. Other than that stick to what Nintendo says

I've attempted to sync 3 or 4 times now. Each time it shows those 4 symbols on my TV screen but on my Gamepad screen it says that it's already synced with my console. And then it attempts to look for any updates on the Wii U Gamepad and a second later tells me "Wii U Gamepad is Up To Date".

BTW, when I try this sync operation, it locks up my gamepad and the only way to get back to the Home menu is either turning everything off or getting my Wii Mote, pointing the cursor to the "BACK" button on the screen, and hitting it. :

Azooooz

You must turn off the Wii U before using the Wii U Gamepad as said in the guide I have given you.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

DefHalan

blaisedinsd wrote:

The console would be better and more consumer friendly if basic functionality was not tethered to the gamepad. On ebay you can get the console for cheaper than the gamepad in many cases. That just seems ridiculous to me.

If it wasn't so tethered they could be selling the console way cheaper (price always matters) and if they were selling more consoles they would sell more software (which is where most of the profit is). This was the entire reason they made a 2DS....to lower the price to sell more consoles which means more people buying software.

Sorry but this is not the place to be talking about that, we have had endless conversations about this in other threads. Find one of those threads to continue the conversation

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

blaisedinsd

Actually it is the thread if you look at the forum and the original post and are not just considering the bump.

Anyway, Try taking the battery completely out of the gamepad for a few minutes and then re-sync.

SW-7087-5868-6390

bezerker99

blaisedinsd wrote:

Actually it is the thread if you look at the forum and the original post and are not just considering the bump.

Anyway, Try taking the battery completely out of the gamepad for a few minutes and then re-sync.

I read on the internet where somebody else did that and it worked. I read another instance where it didn't. I don't have a tiny screwdriver to remove the battery pak and besides, my Wii U now has a brand new 1 year warranty (from the previous repair) and so it will get fixed for free.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and input!

unrandomsam

Pretty sure removing the battery cannot affect the warranty because there is an official bigger one.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.