Forums

Topic: $102 Game pad repair!

Posts 41 to 60 of 91

DexInDaJungle

Unca_Lz wrote:

Actually you can blame the customers for not buying. If they choose not to buy it, that's their fault (at least partially)

How is it the consumers fault for choosing not to buy a product? Its the developers fault for not making the product appealing enough to meet the demands of the consumer. I choose not to buy a lot of things, like most Capcom products. Capcom is struggling right now, is it my fault that I am not putting money in their pockets for something I have no intention of using? Or their fault for not making a product that I want to buy lol

Twitter:

ogo79

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Guess it'd be cool to not have to use gamepad for it b/c most games so far don't explicitly need it.

i dont care for the big a** gamepad personally.
i liked using just my classic controller pro for wii vc.
until they come up with a regular all in one controller i just have to deal with it.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

mr_shanetastic

DexInDaJungle wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

$102?
That's cheaper than I originally thought. I could've sworn the repair price was $140.

I believe the price of each gamepad is $180 if you need it replaced so $100 for repairs seems a bit outrageous to me. I wonder, did that include shipping costs cause I assume you also have to pay for that. Edit: Looked up the weight, its actually less heavy than I was told.

Think repair was 90 or so, then tax and shipping. It was obviously my (KIDS) fault. So far this is 2nd Wii U, first had defective gamepad, and they also broke a 3DS last year. They are lucky daddy is such a Nintendo fanboy!!!!

Anyway this latest fiasco had me contemplating just giving up consoles. I'm getting older and don't have much time, they cost more than basic PC and mobile gaming, yada yada.

Luckily for Nintendo I wont, mainly because I must own Mario Kart. Also even if the Wii U "Dreamcasts" itself I think it will be a hot commodity down the road and remembered fondly just like the DC.

Seriously SM3DW is a flipping masterpiece. I was playing it the other day and the only word that stuck in my head was delightful. I don't say or think that word often!

Also I'm happy I got Wind Waker model. Stock seems to be thinning out and value is starting to go up=)

Nintendo Network- ekmentertainment

GuSolarFlare

mr_shanetastic wrote:

DexInDaJungle wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

$102?
That's cheaper than I originally thought. I could've sworn the repair price was $140.

I believe the price of each gamepad is $180 if you need it replaced so $100 for repairs seems a bit outrageous to me. I wonder, did that include shipping costs cause I assume you also have to pay for that. Edit: Looked up the weight, its actually less heavy than I was told.

Think repair was 90 or so, then tax and shipping. It was obviously my (KIDS) fault. So far this is 2nd Wii U, first had defective gamepad, and they also broke a 3DS last year. They are lucky daddy is such a Nintendo fanboy!!!!

Anyway this latest fiasco had me contemplating just giving up consoles. I'm getting older and don't have much time, they cost more than basic PC and mobile gaming, yada yada.

Luckily for Nintendo I wont, mainly because I must own Mario Kart. Also even if the Wii U "Dreamcasts" itself I think it will be a hot commodity down the road and remembered fondly just like the DC.

Seriously SM3DW is a flipping masterpiece. I was playing it the other day and the only word that stuck in my head was delightful. I don't say or think that word often!

Also I'm happy I got Wind Waker model. Stock seems to be thinning out and value is starting to go up=)

seems to me you have to get your kids a Gamecube(that thing is strong) or a gameboy(it's unbreakable) and lock your WiiU in a padded room and only let them play it inside the room.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

mr_shanetastic

Ha most definitely! I let them use it a lot this week because we were all sick. This is the thanks I get=(

GuSolarFlare

yeah I was a kid once and used to break stuff all the time, in the end the only things that didn't break from my childhood were my N64(all games working), my Game Boy Color(and 2 games) and my GBA games(most of them)
man, sometimes I feel bad for what my parents went through because of the way I was....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

DexInDaJungle

I find it kinda hilarious how the top of my Gamecube (the disc holder thingamajig) broke right after I read through the new posts in this thread. Luckily it still plays and reads discs as long as I keep something somewhat heavy on top of it to keep it closed. Im not even sure how it broke. I clicked the button to open it so I could play Super Mario Sunshine and when I tried to close it back up it just wouldn't hold! This Gamecube is like 10 years old so I guess something had to give eventually.

Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

DexInDaJungle wrote:

I find it kinda hilarious how the top of my Gamecube (the disc holder thingamajig) broke right after I read through the new posts in this thread. Luckily it still plays and reads discs as long as I keep something somewhat heavy on top of it to keep it closed. Im not even sure how it broke. I clicked the button to open it so I could play Super Mario Sunshine and when I tried to close it back up it just wouldn't hold! This Gamecube is like 10 years old so I guess something had to give eventually.

yeah you're lucky, what broke in mine was the reader so it became useless

my Backloggery

LzWinky

DexInDaJungle wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Actually you can blame the customers for not buying. If they choose not to buy it, that's their fault (at least partially)

How is it the consumers fault for choosing not to buy a product? Its the developers fault for not making the product appealing enough to meet the demands of the consumer. I choose not to buy a lot of things, like most Capcom products. Capcom is struggling right now, is it my fault that I am not putting money in their pockets for something I have no intention of using? Or their fault for not making a product that I want to buy lol

Consumers have a choice. That's why

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

Gamepads sold separately for a reasonable price point ($100~) seems like a good move, but they should still be bundled with the console. It's a step backwards to remove a developer's incentive to be creative.

And yes, their repair should be cheaper. Or they could sell repair kits. Or something.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DexInDaJungle

Unca_Lz wrote:

DexInDaJungle wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Consumers have a choice. That's why

So are you trying to say that everyone who didn't buy a Wii U made the wrong choice? I don't own a Wii U, I bought an Xbox One though. In fact about 7-8 million people chose the PS4/Xbox One over the Wii U, I'm not trying to bash the Wii U but are you saying they made the wrong choice? Cause thats a load of bull. Love Nintendo and want nothing more than to see them succeed but the Wii U just didn't have enough to offer in its current state. Not a fan of the gamepad, not a fan of the software (although I admit this year looks to be good) and I just liked what the competition was offering more. How is that my fault? Obviously the competition is doing something right while Nintendo is doing something wrong. And even some of the most die hard Nintendo fans have admitted it. Don't blame the consumer for seeing potential elsewhere, blame the company for not bringing out the full potential of the Wii U.

Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

CaviarMeths wrote:

Gamepads sold separately for a reasonable price point ($100~) seems like a good move, but they should still be bundled with the console. It's a step backwards to remove a developer's incentive to be creative.

And yes, their repair should be cheaper. Or they could sell repair kits. Or something.

it would be a dream to get a repair kit!!!! I love fixing electronic stuff even though my success rate is 10%(or less)

my Backloggery

Offolsense

I think if Nintendo had released the Wii U with the pro controller, and then after a year or two released the Gamepad for $50-100 as an add on (like the Kinect or Wii motion plus), and then released the games like W101 and others that need the Gamepad (and updated all of the existing games to support off screen play), then the Gamepad would be viewed as a brilliant idea instead of what we have now: everyone wishing that the Wii U didn't have it. That way everyone could actually see how it enhanced gameplay instead of taking it for granted.

Offolsense

GuSolarFlare

Of_Folsense wrote:

I think if Nintendo had released the Wii U with the pro controller, and then after a year or two released the Gamepad for $50-100 as an add on (like the Kinect or Wii motion plus), and then released the games like W101 and others that need the Gamepad (and updated all of the existing games to support off screen play), then the Gamepad would be viewed as a brilliant idea instead of what we have now: everyone wishing that the Wii U didn't have it. That way everyone could actually see how it enhanced gameplay instead of taking it for granted.

I don't think that would have worked because, how many third part titles you know that used Wii motion plus? only one comes to my mind and I bet the answer is not much higher. can't say about Kinect but I know a lot of people with Playstation 3 that say PSmove is useless too. so why would the gamepad be different in such a case?

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

mr_shanetastic

Just want to make it clear I love my Wii U, it is already one of my favorite consoles. I'm a Nintendo gamer primarily though. My suggestions are more for mass market.

In hindsight I think they should of released console with Pro and updated Wiimote and nunchuck. 269 would have been perfect (100 more than DS). They need to open up Virtual Console, drip feeding us their library is dumb. Up scale Wii games, keep GC compatibility, and so on. A Nintendo arcade per say would have been flipping amazing.

Offolsense

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Of_Folsense wrote:

I don't think that would have worked because, how many third part titles you know that used Wii motion plus? only one comes to my mind and I bet the answer is not much higher. can't say about Kinect but I know a lot of people with Playstation 3 that say PSmove is useless too. so why would the gamepad be different in such a case?

True, but I think the Gamepad would have succeeded like the Kinect (sort of) did. Wii motion plus was really just making their existing idea better, not anything new (and it probably only existed to make skyward sword possible). Everyone could see that PS move was just Wii remotes on Playstaton so there was no reason for it. But the Gamepad is a new device that enhances games. Yes if they did this 3rd parties wouldn't feel very motivated to use it, but most 3rd party games just use it for inventory anyway, and I don't see why they wouldn't do that in this scenario too. And off TV play would be almost mandatory. Then there would be the games that actually use it like W101 and Nintendo land, with many others, and with the apps that use it like the (amazing) internet browser, it would be viewed as just be too good of an add-on to pass up, instead of a forced gimmick. And so everyone would buy one, resulting in way more $$$, and once everyone has one, all of Nintendo's software after that could require it. And we'd be in the same situation as now (as in, everyone having a Wii U and a Gamepad), except more WiiUs sold (maybe, because they would be cheaper), money from all the Gamepads, and everyone would like the gamepad. Wii U problem solved.
Of coarse that would be best case scenario, and I'm not saying I could run Nintendo or anything, but I think that would have made much more sense.

Offolsense

bezerker99

I'm reviving this thread because..... my gamepad doesn't work anymore and since my wii u's warranty has expired, it's going to cost me $114.78 to repair this thing.

Anyways, I've got my wii u and gamepad boxed up and ready to send to Nintendo. I feel extremely ripped off though.

Grumblevolcano

bezerker99 wrote:

I'm reviving this thread because..... my gamepad doesn't work anymore and since my wii u's warranty has expired, it's going to cost me $114.78 to repair this thing.

Anyways, I've got my wii u and gamepad boxed up and ready to send to Nintendo. I feel extremely ripped off though.

This is the problem when the main controller cannot be bought outside of the console package itself. Every other home console has had the main controller purchasable separately!.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SuperWiiU

Grumblevolcano wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

This is the problem when the main controller cannot be bought outside of the console package itself. Every other home console has had the main controller purchasable separately!.

I wouldn't even bother replacing it for those prices. I'd sooner look up if I could repair it myself.

unrandomsam

CaviarMeths wrote:

I don't want a Gamepad-less Wii U because then developers would make games with this in mind. There would be no incentive for them to use the second screen creatively, or even use it at all.

I just want it to be able to be fully disabled (not just the screen off) without messing around with the power on via gamepad and power off again immediately trick.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.