Forums

Topic: USA Wiiu Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and EU 3ds compatibiity?

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Reikz

Do you guys think If I get and european version of the 3ds game, that ill be able to transfer that onto my american copy of the game on my american WIIU?

I currently live in Europe and have an european 3ds, I got an american wiiu system as present, which i dont mind at all since im getting most titles earlier than eu version, anyways. i wanted to buy both versions of the game but didnt want to risk their save to be incompatible, do you think this is possible?

Reikz

BenAV

It's anyone's guess at this stage, but I'd imagine that it probably won't work.
I'd also guess that the multiplayer between an American Wii U and a PAL 3DS wouldn't work either.
I could always be wrong though.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

ShadJV

BenAV wrote:

It's anyone's guess at this stage, but I'd imagine that it probably won't work.
I'd also guess that the multiplayer between an American Wii U and a PAL 3DS wouldn't work either.
I could always be wrong though.

I'm gonna have to agree with BenAV here. Nintendo has not officially said anything about this but it seems unlikely to work. The systems are region locked, and even the servers are region locked, so I'd be surprised if there could be any connectivity between versions from different regions.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

theblackdragon

since the online versions will be region-locked, i doubt they'll allow local cross-region play stuff to happen, but i guess it's worth the experiment if you do decide to follow through and pick up both versions. If you'd like to continue this discussion, the main Wii U MH3U thread can be found here. Enjoy! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.