Forums

Topic: Updated Nintendo 2015 release windows

Posts 41 to 45 of 45

cookiex

jariw wrote:

cookiex wrote:

If Project Giant Robot is still scheduled to be released within eight months makes me wonder if it's just a small tile since the demo at E3 looked pretty basic.

And Starfox is supposed to be released within a year, and that E3 version had even less to show.

Tbf Star Fox is basically an arcade-style shooter so as long as they got the engine down it shouldn't take that long to develop, plus Miyamoto wanted to bring in an external developer so it can be done faster (whether they've found one by now is anyone's guess).

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

WebHead

Yeah Star Fox probably has the strongest chance of getting delayed unless they found a developer before last September.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DefHalan

WebHead wrote:

Yeah Star Fox probably has the strongest chance of getting delayed unless they found a developer before last September.

Depending on the Scale of the project.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Robfozz

I hope Star Fox isnt delayed, I've been wanting a good Star Fox game since 64

Everybody likes the smell of their own brand

crimsoncavalier

NintyMan wrote:

Miyamoto on development delays and next year's Wii U games at the financial results breifing:

"... one part of our plan to do so is to use ‘spin off games’..."

"We are also working more and more with many different 3rd party companies to produce our titles... we have begun to work with some software developers for the very first time. We are in the process of creating a system where we are actively seeking outside assistance to help us create an abundance of major titles."

These two quotes are the most important to me, and I think speak a lot about the types of games we will be getting in the future.

The first quote, about "spin-off titles" is good and bad at the same time. I think, if done properly, spin-offs can become great games in and of themselves. However, expecting a mediocre game to appeal to gamers just because it has "Zelda" or "Star-Fox" in the title is a dangerous thing.

If they can continue to do things like Hyrule Warriors, which is what I thought of as soon as I read this, then fine. Clearly, it was a game that was made for the Zelda fan, but with a twist. It had mass fan appeal, and was, from all accounts (I haven't played it) a really good game. What we don't want to see, and I think I speak for everyone, is something like, Hyrule Pinball.

The second quote I love. Courting 3rd party developers is exactly what Nintendo needs to do to ensure that the Wii U is the success it has the potential to be. There isn't anything inherently wrong with the Wii U. Sure, it's underpowered, and there are issues with the Gamepad, but the console itself is excellent. It's all about the games, then. Nintendo can't do it alone, and they realize this. The fact that some developers/publishers have made their intentions to not support the Wii U clear just makes this even more important. Nintendo realize they need the help, and they're going out to get it.

If this means more mash-ups (again, like HW), then that's fantastic. If it means getting a 3rd part dev to make a game and then publishing it themselves, then fantastic as well!

Finally, I'd like to add that I would not mind if the Wii U because a haven for remastered games. Like Wind Waker, there are plenty of GCN/Wii games, even N64 games, that could sure go for an HD update. With all that is happening, I wouldn't be sad to see an Ocarina of Time remake. I know they did it for the 3DS already, but who wouldn't buy that day one?

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.