Forums

Topic: Updated Nintendo 2015 release windows

Posts 21 to 40 of 45

jariw

Octane wrote:

Interestingly, Kirby and the Rainbow curse is still called Kirby (temp.) in Europe.

Yes, that's interesting. Perhaps it just a trademark registration issue that needs to be fixed, before it can be finally confirmed? (Hopefully. Having different titles like they did with "Pullblox World" and "Pushmo World" was just confusing.)

jariw

Inkling

Octane wrote:

Interestingly, Kirby and the Rainbow curse is still called Kirby (temp.) in Europe.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land was just called Kirby's Adventure Wii over here

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

Octane wrote:

Yes, that's interesting. Perhaps it just a trademark registration issue that needs to be fixed, before it can be finally confirmed? (Hopefully. Having different titles like they did with "Pullblox World" and "Pushmo World" was just confusing.)

I think it could be because the first game of this style, Kirby Canvas Curse was called Kirby Power Paintbrush in Europe.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Noonch

The Target store in my town has preorder cards for Splatoon and Yoshi's Wooly World for $1 but no release dates on them.

My other Switch is a WiiU.

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

Inkling

Noonch wrote:

The Target store in my town has preorder cards for Splatoon and Yoshi's Wooly World for $1 but no release dates on them.

Those two games were also the earliest ones in 2015...

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Samurai_Goroh

I don't know why they do it but many Kirby games have different titles on Europe. Kirby Superstar was released here as Kirby's Fun Pak for the SNES.
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse will probably become something like Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, if I had to guess. On the other hand, America changes the boxarts to make Kirby look angry and that's just daft to me.

PS: Found another one; Kirby Squeak Squad for Nintendo DS is called Kirby Mouse Attack in Europe.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

ACK

Inkling wrote:

Hold on, Splatoon is just a 2015 release in Japan. Not 1st Half, just 2015.

You know what? Shooters rarely achieve popularity in Japan, most successful shooters have come over from Western markets after achieving success in those markets and still struggled to find modest success in Japan. That said, it's probably better to put the game out in those markets where shooters are most popular first and hope that some of the success will create hype in Japan.

ACK

Twitter:

Mikes

Ack! Please, Nintendo — give us some news on Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem! That's the title I've been actively waiting for since announcement. You're killing me here.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Jmaster

StaticWind wrote:

Ack! Please, Nintendo — give us some news on Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem! That's the title I've been actively waiting for since announcement. You're killing me here.

Don't worry, that game was just announced WAY too early. Development was probably underway for a month or so at the time of the Direct in january last year, so they knew that they wouldn't have a trailer ready within 1.5 years.

Jmaster

Octane

jariw wrote:

Octane wrote:

It could be, but I would guess that would've been resolved by now, as the report from three months ago had the same placeholder name. I wouldn't be too surprised if the game ended up with a different name over here in Europe.

Octane

Justlink

The Wii U will be seen as the Collaboration Years for Nintendo and the companies that stuck by them

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

iKhan

WaLzgi wrote:

3DS will be fine. These games are only the known ones announced so far

I think so too, but there is just very little announced. I might pick up Codename STEAM though. I like the idea.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

KB90

Fifa 15 coming our way?

KB90

jariw

KB90 wrote:

Fifa 15 coming our way?

Not unless EA decides to put it on the Wii U platform. Currently, EA thinks the Wii version is enough.

jariw

WebHead

A Wii u exclusive from Nintendo every month would be great. I'm just worried about 3ds and 2016..

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

MrGawain

WebHead wrote:

A Wii u exclusive from Nintendo every month would be great. I'm just worried about 3ds and 2016..

I'm sure we'll get more 3ds releases apart from S.T.E.A.M, but I wonder how many of them will be for the New 3ds... and how many of them will be previous gen console ports?

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

iKhan

MrGawain wrote:

WebHead wrote:

I'm sure we'll get more 3ds releases apart from S.T.E.A.M, but I wonder how many of them will be for the New 3ds... and how many of them will be previous gen console ports?

It'll mostly be OG 3DS. The rest of the install base is too big to just abandon like that.

N3DS seems like it'll mostly have ports. Though, I doubt we will see 3D Mario port, as Sunshine and Galaxy have unique aspects that would be troublesome to move to 3DS. Namely analog squirting and the starbit pointer (pointer controls are already a pain with a regular analog stick. Imagine how rough they'd be with that rubber nub)

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Jmaster

iKhan wrote:

MrGawain wrote:

WebHead wrote:

It'll mostly be OG 3DS. The rest of the install base is too big to just abandon like that.

N3DS seems like it'll mostly have ports. Though, I doubt we will see 3D Mario port, as Sunshine and Galaxy have unique aspects that would be troublesome to move to 3DS. Namely analog squirting and the starbit pointer (pointer controls are already a pain with a regular analog stick. Imagine how rough they'd be with that rubber nub)

That seems like a realistic scenario though I do think we'll see a lot of games which are 'enhanced' by the New 3DS, with higher framerates or nicer textures or not blocking Miiverse and the Browser while the 'old' models do.

Jmaster

cookiex

If Project Giant Robot is still scheduled to be released within eight months makes me wonder if it's just a small tile since the demo at E3 looked pretty basic.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

jariw

cookiex wrote:

If Project Giant Robot is still scheduled to be released within eight months makes me wonder if it's just a small tile since the demo at E3 looked pretty basic.

And Starfox is supposed to be released within a year, and that E3 version had even less to show.

jariw

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.