Forums

Topic: Updated Nintendo 2015 release windows

Posts 1 to 20 of 45

jariw

I looked at the projected release dates from the recent quarterly report, and there seems to be a few (but not many) changes to the projected release windows revealed at E3 2014:

• Art Academy is only a 2014 title in Japan. It's 2015 for NoE, not listed for NoA.
  • Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wooly World, Splatoon, Project Giant Robot are all still "1st half 2015" titles
  • No title announced at E3 have been moved from their 2015 status.
  • Devil's Third is now a 2015 title
  • Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is listed, but with no release window.
  • For NoE, there are 14 Nintendo-published titles for Wii U listed of 2015. For NoA, there are 12 Nintendo-published titles. (Differences are the Captain Toad and Art Academy releases.)
  • The names for the games Mario Maker, Project Giant Robot, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Project Guard, Star Fox, Zelda will most likely change until release.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/141030e.pdf

Edited on by jariw

jariw

SnowyGlaceon

Huh. Interesting. I hope Rainbow Curse comes in the first half of 2015.

ALL HAIL THE GLACEONS!
Nets truly are wondrous things...

3DS Friend Code: 0447-6300-7598

Inkling

I'm happy that Splatoon is still a 1st Half release

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Prof_Clayton

SMT x FE really needs to hurry up and release already. I'm starting to lose any interest I previously had in it.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

spongebob16

I have a feeling that, some of the games that say 2015 release window might be move up to 1st half 2016 or 2016 window. hope not but it will make since to make the game(s) look the best it could be

Edited on by spongebob16

spongebob16

Inkling

Hold on, Splatoon is just a 2015 release in Japan. Not 1st Half, just 2015.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

MrGawain

I do wonder how Art Academy, Mario vs DK, Mario Maker, and Project's Giant Robot and Guard will be fleshed out to be full retail titles. They all seem a little thinly spread to me. Neither MP10 or D3rd interest me.

I'm excited for Splatoon, Zelda, Star Fox, Xenoblade, Yoshi, Toad, and Kirby which is half of the EU releases, but I do think I'll need a couple more titles so as not to go buying a PS4 to be honest. Hoping for an announcement after Chrimbo and maybe a couple for E3, even if they're collaborative 3rd party games.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

Surely Mario Party 10 wouldn't take that long to develop?

For some products, I guess it's not only about development time, but also a matter of timing. I guess the products for the casual market need to be spread out fairly evenly during the year. And Mario Party probably needs a space to the 2 other Mario-related products.

jariw

dumedum

So you're saying 2015 is packed with games.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

iKhan

dumedum wrote:

Not for 3DS

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LzWinky

3DS will be fine. These games are only the known ones announced so far

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

Not bad. Hopefully more new stuff gets announced and Devil's Third is gonna be so nice.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

rjejr

Here's the link to the Nintendo E3 released graphic for a refresher.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/02/nintendo-sa...

As for 3DS, the new 3DS will probably be out in spring 2015 so I suspect we get some more game announcements then. Pokemon ASOR is 3 weeks away, MH4U is Q1/Q2, FF Explorers is due out Dec 18 in Japan so probably west at some point. And new 3DS has built in NFC so we should get some amiibo compatible games as well. This Christmas is all about SSBU though, as it probably should be.

Heck, Nintneod has hardly even covered any of these games since E3 - Starfox barely even then. Splatoon, Giant Robot, Yoshi, Mario Maker, they could all do w/ a refresher I think, and maybe we'll get a Nintnedo Driect in Dec, after an ND in Nov for amiibo in MK8, HW and the rest.

Edited on by rjejr

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Joeynator3000

Bleh, was hoping MH4U would be mentioned there, just 4G. :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

jariw

dumedum wrote:

I'd only go as far as saying that Nintendo seems to be more in control of their Wii U release schedule nowadays. I still "expect" some of the later releases to be pushed to 2016, which could OTOH be compensated by currently unannounced 2015 titles.

jariw

baba_944

MrGawain wrote:

I do wonder how Art Academy, Mario vs DK, Mario Maker, and Project's Giant Robot and Guard will be fleshed out to be full retail titles. They all seem a little thinly spread to me. Neither MP10 or D3rd interest me.

I'm excited for Splatoon, Zelda, Star Fox, Xenoblade, Yoshi, Toad, and Kirby which is half of the EU releases, but I do think I'll need a couple more titles so as not to go buying a PS4 to be honest. Hoping for an announcement after Chrimbo and maybe a couple for E3, even if they're collaborative 3rd party games.

Mario Vs. DK was a retail title before (Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2). SO it could be jammed packed with puzzles. I'm hyped for this game.

Who are you?

OmegaMetroid93

We need to get a Nintendo Direct soon... There are SO MANY THINGS they haven't talked about since E3 and even before that!

OmegaMetroid93

Octane

Interestingly, Kirby and the Rainbow curse is still called Kirby (temp.) in Europe.

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.