Forums

Topic: Yoshi/Splatoon - updated 2015 release windows

Posts 41 to 59 of 59

rjejr

Octane wrote:

Also, Nintendo made clear that it was first half of 2015, or Q1/Q2 2015 (so anywhere from January 1 to June 31), no seasons involved! (:

Thanks for all that, very first time I've seen any actual date for Yoshi, though I've seen that May 22 date for Splatoon as the general guessing consensus for awhile now, either 22 or 29. June 26 is the logical choice as it's the last Friday in Q2. BTW, June only has 30 days, not 31 And there weren't any seasons in that graphic last Sept., but they always mess up seasons as well, SSBU was was winter but came ou tin autumn, SSB for 3DS was summer but came out in Autumn (or autumn came out in summer, I forget which but they should stop using seasons just the same).

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Peach64

These dates are from Nintendo's European Press Site, so that's pretty legit.

Untitled

Peach64

cookiex

Peach64 wrote:

Untitled

Those dates match up with the leaks from that Swiss retailer. I guess it's as good as confirmed.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Octane

rjejr wrote:

Octane wrote:

Also, Nintendo made clear that it was first half of 2015, or Q1/Q2 2015 (so anywhere from January 1 to June 31), no seasons involved! (:

Thanks for all that, very first time I've seen any actual date for Yoshi, though I've seen that May 22 date for Splatoon as the general guessing consensus for awhile now, either 22 or 29. June 26 is the logical choice as it's the last Friday in Q2. BTW, June only has 30 days, not 31 And there weren't any seasons in that graphic last Sept., but they always mess up seasons as well, SSBU was was winter but came ou tin autumn, SSB for 3DS was summer but came out in Autumn (or autumn came out in summer, I forget which but they should stop using seasons just the same).

That's something that has happened before, Nintendo seems to mess up the seasons quite a lot when they use them. I suggested once before that they use the traditional Japanese calender for seasons, because if you take that in account, everything seems to be just fine (seasons start earlier in the traditional calender). But I also was corrected by someone, and although I have to proof for either claim, I'm not sure which one is correct.

cookiex wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

Untitled

Those dates match up with the leaks from that Swiss retailer. I guess it's as good as confirmed.

Although the Splatoon date doesn't match up, they claimed it was May 22: http://www.wog.ch/index.cfm/details/product/39134-Splatoon

Octane

cookiex

Octane wrote:

Although the Splatoon date doesn't match up, they claimed it was May 22: http://www.wog.ch/index.cfm/details/product/39134-Splatoon

I could have sworn it said May 29 at some point, or I confused with that South African retailer that also 'leaked' the Splatoon amiibo.

cookiex

rjejr

Man I'm just happy to get some dates, even if they are EU ones, the US could be getting each game sooner or later, just look at Kirby. Also makes me think Mario Maker will not be out before summer.

Thanks everyone.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

jariw

FWIW, the Splatoon team said they aim for a global launch of that game, and with the way they're going to treat the Ranked Battle mode, I think it's unlikely that there will be more than a day difference between different regions. Splatoon will be pretty much like the MK8 launch, so to speak.

The confirmed release dates also debunks the Italian rumor that Splatoon would be delayed for several months for Europe.

Yoshi might differ somewhat between regions, but I don't think NoA will release it later than the European date, since NoA has been the most active saying that Yoshi will be an early 2015 release.

jariw

nitrolink

Peach64 wrote:

Untitled

It's "Woolly" World, not "Woolley" World. Anyway, I think it's safe to say that Woolly World won't be releasing in April. The boxart hasn't been finalized anywhere.

nitrolink

TuVictus

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush? I wonder why they sometimes change the title.

Though I really hope Zero Mission comes stateside soon. I've never played it and the original Metroid on my 3DS is way beyond my gaming years

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

cookiex

Operative wrote:

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush? I wonder why they sometimes change the title.

Canvas Curse was called Power Paintbrush in Europe so I guess they're sticking to tradition.

cookiex

Bolt_Strike

And we're getting a Direct when?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

PokeMario

This week seems like it would make a lot of sense to have a Direct, but then again, that's what I've been telling myself for the past four weeks.
Then again, Codename Steam, Mario Party 10 and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars are all out now, so now maybe they can focus on future games rather than ones days away from release.

PokeMario

cookiex

Bolt_Strike wrote:

When all the planets align during a solar eclipse on the night of a full moon.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

jariw

Bolt_Strike wrote:

If they're going to release a Splatoon-specific Direct, it might be interesting to look at how the Mario Kart 8 launch was handled:

• Embargo lifts for (limited) first hands-on impression on April 3rd, 2014
  • Mario Kart 8 Nintendo Direct on April 30th, 2014
  • Mario Kart 8 releases around May 30th, 2014

For Splatoon it's:

• Embargo lifts for (limited) first hands-on impression on March 23rd, 2015
  • Splatoon Nintendo Direct on ????
  • Splatoon rumoured to be released on May 29th, 2015

jariw

Grumblevolcano

PokeMario wrote:

This week seems like it would make a lot of sense to have a Direct, but then again, that's what I've been telling myself for the past four weeks.
Then again, Codename Steam, Mario Party 10 and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars are all out now, so now maybe they can focus on future games rather than ones days away from release.

I've admitted defeat and think mid-April will be the earliest. Those 3 games are out but there's still Xenoblade 3D (and X for Japan). We'll probably see another Friday morning Japanese "Direct" for Xenoblade X either this week or next week instead.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

jariw wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

If they're going to release a Splatoon-specific Direct, it might be interesting to look at how the Mario Kart 8 launch was handled:

• Embargo lifts for (limited) first hands-on impression on April 3rd, 2014
  • Mario Kart 8 Nintendo Direct on April 30th, 2014
  • Mario Kart 8 releases around May 30th, 2014

For Splatoon it's:

• Embargo lifts for (limited) first hands-on impression on March 23rd, 2015
  • Splatoon Nintendo Direct on ????
  • Splatoon rumoured to be released on May 29th, 2015

So if the pattern holds, we should get a Splatoon Direct in late April or early May. Sounds about right.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Peach64

The leaked dates are spot on

Peach64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.