Forums

Topic: Yoshi/Splatoon - updated 2015 release windows

Posts 21 to 40 of 59

jariw

Octane wrote:

Nintendo never said they were going to be released close to each other, IGN said that. Probably because they're all Q1/Q2 games. Kirby is February iirc, and I think that Splatoon won't come sooner than late May (like Mario Kart 8). Yoshi will probably see its release somewhere in-between. Besides, let's not forget, there's Mario Maker as well...

If IGN says "Nintendo confirmed today" and then states 3 titles that will get an early 2015 release, how can late May be translated into early 2015?

jariw

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

Octane wrote:

Nintendo never said they were going to be released close to each other, IGN said that. Probably because they're all Q1/Q2 games. Kirby is February iirc, and I think that Splatoon won't come sooner than late May (like Mario Kart 8). Yoshi will probably see its release somewhere in-between. Besides, let's not forget, there's Mario Maker as well...

If IGN says "Nintendo confirmed today" and then states 3 titles that will get an early 2015 release, how can late May be translated into early 2015?

Easily, remember that 3rd October = Summer.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

I love how me saying something positive about the fact that the front half of the year has so many releases is turned into "HOW DARE YOU IMPLY THAT THE SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR HAS NO GAMES"...............

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Octane

jariw wrote:

Octane wrote:

Mario Kart 8 was early 2014 as well. Early = First half of the year; Late = Second half of the year.

Also, IGN doesn't have much of a source, except for ''Nintendo said...''. Everything still seems consistent with the 2015 release schedule that Nintendo has released several times now.

IGN also said the following: ''Nintendo previously announced that Yoshi’s Wooly World was slated for a broad 2015 release window when it showed off the dinosaur's new adventure at E3 2014.''. Which isn't correct either, as Yoshi's Woolly World had always been scheduled for a ''first half of 2015'' release since its E3 debut.

It seems to me like a mistake on IGN's part, they seem surprised that Yoshi's release date got narrowed down, even though that was already known for a long time now.

Earnings Release: First Quarter (June 2014) - Supplementary Information: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/140730_2e.pdf
Earnings Release: Second Quarter (September 2014) - Supplementary Information: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/141030e.pdf

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Kuhang

Blast wrote:

Ryno wrote:

skywake wrote:

Devil's Third is all but confirmed for the first half of the year also based on the fact that it already has an age rating. The second half of the year is starting to look a bit thin, I wonder if E3 will have anything to add to this conversation.....

Yeah, nothing big is expected to come out later in the year. Just some weird JRPG, another Zelda game, and some game called Star Fox.

THANK YOU

Hahaha Nice

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

jariw

Octane wrote:

It seems to me like a mistake on IGN's part, they seem surprised that Yoshi's release date got narrowed down, even though that was already known for a long time now.

You might be correct. Polygon's view of the same press release is much less clear on the subject:
"Nintendo didn't specify how many parts it's breaking 2015 into, so we've contacted the company for clarification and will update this article with more information as we receive it."
http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/12/7382151/nintendo-games-rele...

jariw

TheLegendofVince

I hope Yoshi has a Q1 release in Europe too

TheLegendofVince

Csaw

Weren't Yoshi and Splatoon already confirmed for early 2015 release dates. And let's not forget that to Nintendo early 2015 means anywhere from January to June of that year. Nothing we didn't already know here.

Csaw

Don

That's great Nintendo...now can we get DKC and DKL games on VC while we wait for spring 2015?

Don

WebHead

Yeah we will probably get yoshi in April and splatoon in May I think.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

bluemage1989

I think there's going to be a reveal at E3 followed by a release in late 2015. Treasure tracker has shown it can be done.

bluemage1989

IceClimbers

Csaw wrote:

Weren't Yoshi and Splatoon already confirmed for early 2015 release dates. And let's not forget that to Nintendo early 2015 means anywhere from January to June of that year. Nothing we didn't already know here.

After Kirby got a February release date in the November Direct, I think some people might have wondered whether Yoshi was still coming in Spring or if had been delayed.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

WebHead wrote:

Yeah we will probably get yoshi in April and splatoon in May I think.

Yeah, Splatoon sounds like a solid May release to me for some reason.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

miiandmario

Is rainbow curse retail or digital?

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

IceClimbers

miiandmario wrote:

Is rainbow curse retail or digital?

Both

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Sisilly_G

Octane wrote:

Early = First half of the year; Late = Second half of the year.

Early - January through May
Mid - June through September
Late - October through December

That's how I see it anyway.

On topic though, Yoshi's Woolly World and Devil's Third have both been rated by the Australian Classification Board, so I would imagine that their releases are not far off. I am particularly excited about Devil's Third as I didn't expect it to be released so quickly.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

R_Champ

Just give me my precious Xenoblade Chronicleds X and Zelda sometime in 2015 and I'll consider everything else a nice bonus no matter when it's released.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

jariw

sillygostly wrote:

On topic though, Yoshi's Woolly World and Devil's Third have both been rated by the Australian Classification Board, so I would imagine that their releases are not far off. I am particularly excited about Devil's Third as I didn't expect it to be released so quickly.

Do you have a link for the Yoshi's Wooly World classification? I can only find Devil's Third (and Mario Party 10).

jariw

rjejr

jariw wrote:

Do you have a link for the Yoshi's Wooly World classification? I can only find Devil's Third (and Mario Party 10).

Hey jariw, I know this thread has been dead for over 3 months now, but we still don't have an inkling (bad Splatoon pun) of a date for Yoshi's Woolly World yet. You hear anything new, you always know stuff? I'm guessing "early 2015" means anything before December in Nintendoese. I really wish Nitneod would stop w/ the "seasons" and "Quarters" as I don't think they have any idea how those terms apply to an actual calendar, they should just give us the months they are expecting games to release.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Octane

rjejr wrote:

jariw wrote:

Hey jariw, I know this thread has been dead for over 3 months now, but we still don't have an inkling (bad Splatoon pun) of a date for Yoshi's Woolly World yet. You hear anything new, you always know stuff? I'm guessing "early 2015" means anything before December in Nintendoese. I really wish Nitneod would stop w/ the "seasons" and "Quarters" as I don't think they have any idea how those terms apply to an actual calendar, they should just give us the months they are expecting games to release.

June 26 according to a Swiss online retailer, they also said that Splatoon's release date is May 22. Although we have no official confirmation, the release dates are in agreement with the broader schedule Nintendo has released. I'd expect a Direct soon to announce their official release dates.

Also, Nintendo made clear that it was first half of 2015, or Q1/Q2 2015 (so anywhere from January 1 to June 31), no seasons involved! (:

Edited on by Octane

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.