Forums

Topic: Yoshi/Splatoon - updated 2015 release windows

Posts 1 to 20 of 59

jariw

I have completely missed this, but I don't think this has been mentioned here? Nintendo has confirmed that Yoshi's Wooly World, Splatoon, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (3DS) appear at about the same time next year. Yoshi's Wooly World is "an early 2015 debut".
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/12/yoshis-woolly-world-co...

We know the US release dates for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (February 13th) and Code Name S.T.E.A.M (March 13th).

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Ryno

Nice way to start off 2015 Nintendo.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Blast

YES

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

skywake

Devil's Third is all but confirmed for the first half of the year also based on the fact that it already has an age rating. The second half of the year is starting to look a bit thin, I wonder if E3 will have anything to add to this conversation.....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Ryno

skywake wrote:

Devil's Third is all but confirmed for the first half of the year also based on the fact that it already has an age rating. The second half of the year is starting to look a bit thin, I wonder if E3 will have anything to add to this conversation.....

Yeah, nothing big is expected to come out later in the year. Just some weird JRPG, another Zelda game, and some game called Star Fox.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Blast

Ryno wrote:

skywake wrote:

Yeah, nothing big is expected to come out later in the year. Just some weird JRPG, another Zelda game, and some game called Star Fox.

THANK YOU

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

cookiex

This should mean a direct or at least a release date announcement for Yoshi soon.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Bolt_Strike

I don't think this is anything new. I believe they already stated that Yoshi's Woolly World was supposed to release in the first half of 2015. And we already knew Splatoon is Q2 2015 from last month's Direct.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

skywake

Ryno wrote:

skywake wrote:

That's not what I was saying at all. Not at all. I was just saying that when people posted in that "predict next years releases" people put Splatoon, Kirby, Yoshi and Devil's third at the tail end of the year alongside Zelda, Star Fox, X etc and it still made sense and still had enough other games to pad out the first half of the year. If all of that stuff comes in the front half of the year and X slips into early 2016? Then the year, even with Zelda as the big end of year game, looks very front heavy.

I'm not saying this as a bad thing. I'm saying this as a "look at this massive hole here, I wonder what that's about" sort of thing. (if you know what I mean, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more)

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

bluemage1989

Captain Toad was unveiled at E3 then released relatively soon after maybe they will pull the same trick next year. Would also be a good time for a remake to appear

bluemage1989

iKhan

skywake wrote:

Ryno wrote:

skywake wrote:

That's not what I was saying at all. Not at all. I was just saying that when people posted in that "predict next years releases" people put Splatoon, Kirby, Yoshi and Devil's third at the tail end of the year alongside Zelda, Star Fox, X etc and it still made sense and still had enough other games to pad out the first half of the year. If all of that stuff comes in the front half of the year and X slips into early 2016? Then the year, even with Zelda as the big end of year game, looks very front heavy.

I'm not saying this as a bad thing. I'm saying this as a "look at this massive hole here, I wonder what that's about" sort of thing. (if you know what I mean, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more)

I said this in a different thread, but it Namco, a company with no where near the localization capacity Nintendo had, can localize Tales of Zestiria, a game with a metric crapton of voiced text to localize and a weak western market, in half a year, Nintendo should have no problem getting XCX out in 2015.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jariw

skywake wrote:

Ryno wrote:

skywake wrote:

Why would X would slip to 2016 all of a sudden, if they have announced it for Japan for Q2 2015? I could understand a delay for a game like Animal Crossing, where the western and Japanese versions have different content, but not for a game where the game itself is unchanged?

jariw

renaryuugufan92

bluemage1989 wrote:

Captain Toad was unveiled at E3 then released relatively soon after maybe they will pull the same trick next year. Would also be a good time for a remake to appear

Or several remakes over the course of 2015/16, for some reason I got the oddest hunch especially since I just got ahold of the Trilogy set that if, now i have to emphasis the word IF we get an announcement of Metroid Prime 4 ((i know someones bound to say.... but rena the trilogy was complete, my answer: so were other recent "trilogies in gaming")) that next year we may get a HD remaster of the trilogy and if we do, I hope it is not a limited run, especially on the eshop, imagine that nightmare since everything is tied to the console with no way to re-download if anything goes wronggg ahhh gives us proper accounts ahh off topic yea that was my hunch.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

jariw

cookiex wrote:

This should mean a direct or at least a release date announcement for Yoshi soon.

Yes. If NoA are now saying to the press that Yoshi is "an early 2015 release" to the press, and that these 4 titles are released close together (where the release date for Kirby was revealed in the November Direct, and S.T.E.A.M. release date was revealed during TGA), I come to the same conclusion as you.

jariw

Grumblevolcano

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

bluemage1989 wrote:

Or several remakes over the course of 2015/16, for some reason I got the oddest hunch especially since I just got ahold of the Trilogy set that if, now i have to emphasis the word IF we get an announcement of Metroid Prime 4 ((i know someones bound to say.... but rena the trilogy was complete, my answer: so were other recent "trilogies in gaming")) that next year we may get a HD remaster of the trilogy and if we do, I hope it is not a limited run, especially on the eshop, imagine that nightmare since everything is tied to the console with no way to re-download if anything goes wronggg ahhh gives us proper accounts ahh off topic yea that was my hunch.

I really don't like the concept of remastering remasters, sure Metroid Prime trilogy was a collectors item and pretty rare but it still happened. I think the best decision would be to release Prime 1 and 2 via the eshop in the form of VC, Prime 3 is easy enough to find so nothing needs to be done there.

I still think a Fire Emblem double pack would be the best setup for remastering more than one game, Radiant Dawn flows very nicely from Path of Radiance of which both games are currently sold for ridiculous prices meaning many people who want to explore Ike's origins because of Smash can't experience it themselves.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inkling

Well, Yoshi's Woolly World is a Q1 release, so maybe Splatoon has been pushed forward!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

jariw

Inkling wrote:

Well, Yoshi's Woolly World is a Q1 release, so maybe Splatoon has been pushed forward!

How do you mean? If Splatoon would appear close to Kirby and S.T.E.A.M. as Nintendo now says, that means that it would likely be early Q2 for Splatoon.

jariw

Octane

jariw wrote:

Inkling wrote:

How do you mean? If Splatoon would appear close to Kirby and S.T.E.A.M. as Nintendo now says, that means that it would likely be early Q2 for Splatoon.

Nintendo never said they were going to be released close to each other, IGN said that. Probably because they're all Q1/Q2 games. Kirby is February iirc, and I think that Splatoon won't come sooner than late May (like Mario Kart 8). Yoshi will probably see its release somewhere in-between. Besides, let's not forget, there's Mario Maker as well...

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Of course all of this is only for North America as Kirby is being released in July at the earliest for Europe (2nd half of 2015).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inkling

Grumblevolcano wrote:

jariw wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Of course all of this is only for North America as Kirby is being released in July at the earliest for Europe (2nd half of 2015).

Sadly

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.