Forums

Topic: Update is LIVE in PAL regions

Posts 21 to 40 of 46

xBASSxMONSTAx

I'm hearing a lot of people are getting errors when installing this update. :/

Error code: 199-9999
Wii U GamePad update failed.
The console will now restart.
If the problem persists etc.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

MeddlingIdiot

Moving to and from the menu is way faster, even faster than the Nintendo video showed in some cases. Third party apps are a bit slower to return to the menu, but the browser, system settings, MiiVerse etc all return to the main menu very quickly. Unfortunately my disc drive won't stop spinning on the main menu, it's fairly noisy too, pretty sure that wasn't the case before the update.

If you add me, let me know so I can add you too.

Nintendo Network ID: MeddlingIdiot | Twitter:

DylanMcGrann

Nice! I downloaded it in a little over 25 minutes and I'm installing it now. This update adds some really nice features, like the background update and install feature. That's a pretty big deal. You can basically just totally ignore updates and the machine will just take care of it. It's also nice they've made the screen-size adjustment system wide. That was a bit annoying.

DylanMcGrann

Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner | Twitter:

HisSvt2

Zero problem here and I've been jumping from app to app and other things much faster!

HisSvt2

SCAR

I just started it since I haven't been informed ir seems like it will be done in a half hour.

@MeddlingIdiot The disc drive always span like that. You just so happened to realize it the day of the update.

I guess VC comes tommorow, then.

Edited on by SCAR

$¢@®

GiftedGimp

Looks like it went live after EU/Pal eStore Maintenance.
Slight glitch at 98% installation when the update didn't update the gamepad, but the system rebooted itself for a second try, Installing from 80%.
By that happening tho, Its easy to work out that 80% of the update is for the console, remaining 20% for the gamepad.

Total time from download to complete install was about half hour.
It seems to have made a big difference, the system is certainly more nippy now.
I'm looking forward to the summer update now, which should reduce loading times for games & apps... and probably have a couple of extra features thrown in for good measure.

Games make a great console, not technical specs.

Nintendo Network ID: GiftedGimp | Twitter:

GiftedGimp

@MeddlingIdiot Scar is right mate, if a disc is in the drive regardless of what the system is doing it will always spin.
One of the first things I noticed about the WiiU.
Just make sure that you don't have a game disc in the drive unless your playing the game to Reduce the wear on the Optical Drive.
Hopefully it's something a future system update will sort out.

Games make a great console, not technical specs.

Nintendo Network ID: GiftedGimp | Twitter:

MAB

Yeah if the gamepad update errors it will update it fine when the system restarts

MAB

MeddlingIdiot

Cheers guys, that's put my mind at ease! One feature I would like Nintendo to implement is automatically closing the home menu when you turn the Gamepad's display off (for watching Netflix, etc.) Seems obvious to me unless I'm missing something?

If you add me, let me know so I can add you too.

Nintendo Network ID: MeddlingIdiot | Twitter:

GiftedGimp

Importtant Non Announced Feature in System Update:
If you have overscan issues this update includes System Wide Screen Size Adjustment.
Go to the Display Settings in the main System Settings to find it...
Also a couple of new options available in a couple of system setting catagories.

Games make a great console, not technical specs.

Nintendo Network ID: GiftedGimp | Twitter:

Moshugan

MeddlingIdiot wrote:

One feature ... to implement is automatically closing the home menu when you turn the Gamepad's display off ...

Yeah, I want that too! It's one of the most obvious things to do. Of course you can close the Home menu with a Wii Remote after shutting down the display.

Cesco

My Wii U is still displaying that there are no updates available right now

Cesco

MAB

Go into system settings and force the update from there

MAB

Cesco

Thanks Chakan... er, I mean... thanks MadAussieBloke

Cesco

MAB

OK now scram

MAB

MAB

When you power off the system it will go into yellow light mode... If nothing is downloading it will throw up a red light and say nigh nighs

MAB

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic