Wii U Forum

Topic: unexpected free wii u

Showing 21 to 40 of 54

AuthorMessage
Avatar

teus

21. Posted:

deathsmate wrote:

Just had a shock when a package got delivered to me containing a shiny new Wii U premium pack. I had ordered one from toys R us back in September when they had it on the site for £279.99 but I cancelled it when I had noticed an error with my bank details. I contacted them and they said they had cancelled the order and I could re order if I wanted to, I never did. I only ordered one from zavvi last week, I got the basic pack with Tekken for £249.99 witch I thought was ok. The Wii from zavvi was suppose to ship today but it was still awaiting stock pick. I was just checking the website again to seen if the status had been updated yet when I got a knock on the door and it happened to be my Wii U from toys R us that I cancelled on September. I have contacted the bank and they said no money has been taken or is pending from them and it must be a mistake on their part. I must say I'm very happy, I have had stuff go missing in the post but have never had anything for free. Am I a bad man for keeping it? I don't know but I am happy and now my cash is going on games for the system 😃 let me know what you would do if it happened to you.

you should do the right thing and not keep the system when you have not payed for it, howeverin a later post at least you did the right thing and let them know about the error..

Edited on by teus

NintendoID: Lazymutant

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

22. Posted:

Going to say that you should keep it. The Wii U isn't worth it's current price, but it's certainly worth having it for free. ;)

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

teus

23. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Going to say that you should keep it. The Wii U isn't worth it's current asking price, but it's certainly worth having it for free. ;)

saying that is like saying its ok to pirate games because you cant afford to buy the games legally. Who are you to say what the console should be worth.. It doesnt matyter how much the console is.. stealing is stealing... and doing the right thing (which he has done) often is its own reward.. hell they let him keep the console free and clear after he been honest with them about the mix-up. and if he id keep it without telling toys r us about it, there is always a possibility that toys r us will find out and will seek to either charge him for the console or to get it back. it was most likly the fact he was honest about it that toys r us let him keep it

NintendoID: Lazymutant

AuthorMessage
Avatar

6ch6ris6

24. Posted:

keep it. toys'r'us will still make profit this holidays. no need to fell bad

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage
Avatar

teus

25. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

keep it. toys'r'us will still make profit this holidays. no need to fell bad

ad should it matter,, no,, its wrong to keep it regardless if the company makes a profit this xmas season.. bottom line is by doing the right thinkg he can now keep it with his concience clear..

NintendoID: Lazymutant

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

26. Posted:

They will either notice their mistake and contact you or leave a poor person without a job his christmas.
Anyway, I'd recommend you to keep it closed until xmas... If nothing happens until then, then I guess it's yours now.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Magi

27. Posted:

It's great that you did the right thing by calling them. It's even greater that they were nice enough to let you keep it. :)

(keep checking your bank account though just in case)

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lunapplebloom

28. Posted:

Glad to see you made the right choice and called them. Now it truly is yours to keep and do what you want with.
Man, I wish I was that lucky...

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

29. Posted:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

Help make some kids Christmas and donate it to a family! :)

This. It would mean the world to some underprivileged kids this time of the year.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

30. Posted:

deathsmate wrote:

Well I just got off the phone with my store manager for my local toys R us as I don't think I could live with the guilt, (huge company or not) but I am glad I did now. The manager did indeed check that it was sent out in error which it was, they still had my details on the system but had the incorrect bank details still on their (the reason I cancelled in the first place) as a result the card could not be charged but for some reason she could not explain the item shipped anyway. To cut it short they said I could keep the console as it was definitely a fault on their part and then she actually apologised to me for causing confusion lol. Anyway I'm glad I called them, it put my mind at rest and I no longer feel guilty 😇

Goes to show you, honesty is rewarded. Had you not contacted them, there's a chance you would always feel guilty, not to mention who knows what would have happened if they figured out the error or that they were a Wii U short (someone else might've lost their order or someone losing a job or something). Generally, one console isn't enough to make a difference to the store and I would've bet they'd have let you keep it anyways, they'd be more upset over one missing with no explanation, they might've even accused an employee of stealing one, who knows.

If I were you, I'd keep the good karma going, the universe was kind enough to send you a free gift, wouldn't hurt to at least take a small part of the money you were going to spend on the system and maybe donate some toys to the poor for Christmas. You don't realize how much that might mean to a child, even like $50 (a small fraction of what you planned on spending). When my dad passed, and we had trouble making ends meet, you wouldn't believe how happy my little sister was when some kind strangers gave her a few Christmas gifts.

Of course, I do NOT intend on guilting you into that, you do not owe anyone just because you got something for free, money can be tight enough these days and perhaps someone upstairs just thought you needed a little gift this year to keep going. I really hope you enjoy this surprise, freebies are rare in life!

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Discostew

31. Posted:

I'm rather disappointed in some of these responses. Keep it because someone made a mistake? Should someone take advantage of you when you make a mistake? I say contact them and tell them the situation. Who knows, if they're anything like QVC, they may just let you have it because it would be too much of a hassle to process it and have it sent back. At least that way, whether you get to keep it or not, you did the right thing.

edit

Maybe I should have finished reading the thread, as the situation was already dealt with.

Edited on by Discostew

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

32. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

I'm rather disappointed in some of these responses. Keep it because someone made a mistake? Should someone take advantage of you when you make a mistake? I say contact them and tell them the situation. Who knows, if they're anything like QVC, they may just let you have it because it would be too much of a hassle to process it and have it sent back. At least that way, whether you get to keep it or not, you did the right thing.

edit

Maybe I should have finished reading the thread, as the situation was already dealt with.

I honestly agree here. Moral values like these make me feel humanity is pretty hopeless. There was very little chance they'd ask for it back and it can clear your conscience. Though with some of the responses, I wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't feel guilty. This is the same logic that is causing piracy to be so damaging to the industry. I am truly relieved the OP handled it correctly.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Marks

33. Posted:

I'm glad everything worked out Deathsmate. You did the right thing. :)
I would also like to congratulate those who said to return and such. You should be proud of yourselves for being awesome.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

34. Posted:

teus wrote:

saying that is like saying its ok to pirate games because you cant afford to buy the games legally. Who are you to say what the console should be worth.. It doesnt matyter how much the console is.. stealing is stealing... and doing the right thing (which he has done) often is its own reward.. hell they let him keep the console free and clear after he been honest with them about the mix-up. and if he id keep it without telling toys r us about it, there is always a possibility that toys r us will find out and will seek to either charge him for the console or to get it back. it was most likly the fact he was honest about it that toys r us let him keep it

It's not worth it because it's really not worth it. If you want to pay $300-$350 on a console that doesn't even have enough good exclusive games on it, then by all means throw away your money. But the OP got it for free due to Toys R Us messing up. He didn't ''steal'' anything. And he even went the extra mile by calling them, and they told him that he could keep it. He essentially got a Wii U free thanks to a stroke of luck.

Don't ever accuse me of supporting pirating, because I despise pirates. But with the way the economy is, if I get a chance to get a free game or console legally, then by all means I'm going to jump on it. That's the same reason I try to buy games used whenever I can. $50 for a game can be either just right or too much depending on the game.

The Wii U isn't worth my money because there aren't enough system selling games for it that I want. I remember back in the day when gamers bought consoles for the amazing exclusive games that showed off the power of the console like Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64 or Crash Bandicoot for the PlayStation 1. Why do you think the Saturn failed? Because it didn't have enough amazing exclusives to compete with the other consoles. That, and it was harder to develop for.

The Wii U will probably be worth buying in a year to three years, but not right now. But hey, I wouldn't be complaining if I got it for free. So try harder next time. ;)

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

35. Posted:

deathsmate wrote:

Well I just got off the phone with my store manager for my local toys R us as I don't think I could live with the guilt, (huge company or not) but I am glad I did now. The manager did indeed check that it was sent out in error which it was, they still had my details on the system but had the incorrect bank details still on their (the reason I cancelled in the first place) as a result the card could not be charged but for some reason she could not explain the item shipped anyway. To cut it short they said I could keep the console as it was definitely a fault on their part and then she actually apologised to me for causing confusion lol. Anyway I'm glad I called them, it put my mind at rest and I no longer feel guilty 😇

good for you, man — i would've done the same thing. what will you do with the extra? :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zoroarkrules25

36. Posted:

Knux wrote:

teus wrote:

saying that is like saying its ok to pirate games because you cant afford to buy the games legally. Who are you to say what the console should be worth.. It doesnt matyter how much the console is.. stealing is stealing... and doing the right thing (which he has done) often is its own reward.. hell they let him keep the console free and clear after he been honest with them about the mix-up. and if he id keep it without telling toys r us about it, there is always a possibility that toys r us will find out and will seek to either charge him for the console or to get it back. it was most likly the fact he was honest about it that toys r us let him keep it

It's not worth it because it's really not worth it. If you want to pay $300-$350 on a console that doesn't even have enough good exclusive games on it, then by all means throw away your money. But the OP got it for free due to Toys R Us messing up. He didn't ''steal'' anything. And he even went the extra mile by calling them, and they told him that he could keep it. He essentially got a Wii U free thanks to a stroke of luck.

Don't ever accuse me of supporting pirating, because I despise pirates. But with the way the economy is, if I get a chance to get a free game or console legally, then by all means I'm going to jump on it. That's the same reason I try to buy games used whenever I can. $50 for a game can be either just right or too much depending on the game.

The Wii U isn't worth my money because there aren't enough system selling games for it that I want. I remember back in the day when gamers bought consoles for the amazing exclusive games that showed off the power of the console like Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64 or Crash Bandicoot for the PlayStation 1. Why do you think the Saturn failed? Because it didn't have enough amazing exclusives to compete with the other consoles. That, and it was harder to develop for.

The Wii U will probably be worth buying in a year to three years, but not right now. But hey, I wouldn't be complaining if I got it for free. So try harder next time. ;)

Not trying to start a argument here but the Wii U in my opinion is worth the buy and the launch titles all got really good reviews. Also Regi said there were be a few more surprises for the Wii U after it's release. This means that we will probably be seeing some great games or remakes announced soon enough. I think one will be a paper mario 64 remake because of parakary's letter in paper mario sticker star but who knows what they will be.

Edited on by zoroarkrules25

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

37. Posted:

Toys R Us are a bunch of thief's anyhow. If anything goes wrong with anything you buy from them they don't want to know. I suggest you sell what ever Wii Console you don't want like the Basic pack. But maybe donate a bit of the money to charity?

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WesCash

38. Posted:

Awesome story!
I too am curious to know what you'll do with the extra one, unless you just decide to cancel that order or return it.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

39. Posted:

If you have 2 consoles, donate the basic to charity.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

40. Posted:

@deathsmate
You are hereby awarded the Shpydar-Man "A Superhero is You!" medal of valor for your honesty. Well done. :)
(and welcome to NL!)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Sorry, this topic has been locked.