Forums

Topic: Ubisoft States That The Wii U Couldn't Handle AC Unity, You Would Feel Cheated By A Lesser Version

Posts 101 to 120 of 173

NintendoFan64

kkslider5552000 wrote:

skywake wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

2014 SURE HAS BEEN A GOOD YEAR sigh

A good year to have a Wii U at least

Nintendo picked a good year to be ignored by 3rd parties.

Amen to that.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DefHalan

NintendoFan64 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

skywake wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Amen to that.

3rd Party = low quality but high sales
Nintendo = high quality but low sales

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NintendoFan64

DefHalan wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

skywake wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Amen to that.

3rd Party = low quality but high sales
Nintendo = high quality but low sales

...Something doesn't sound right about that.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CaviarMeths

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

This game was rushed for the holidays. It runs bad on all technology; PC, PS4, and Xbox One. People are giving this game bad reviews already on steam. Metacritic has a terrible score by users, while the 13 critics gave it a good score. Good ol' Metacritc, always contradicting itself.

Gaming journalism has gotten almost as bad as the major news networks on TV as well. Networks like Fox, MSNBC, and even CNN are little more than shills and mouthpieces for whatever big corporation or political party is paying their salaries. Major video game sites like IGN are no better.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

R_Champ

Ohhhhh, a Punished_Boss topic...greaaaaaaaat.

I guess he got bored ogling his Solid Snake pinup and decided to troll Nintendo LIfe...again...T_T

When Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, or Smash Bros. all look and play wonderfully do you see Punished_Boss come running to celebrate with other fans by posting a fan topic? Nope.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

MsJubilee

R_Champ wrote:

I guess he got bored ogling his Solid Snake pinup and decided to troll Nintendo LIfe...again...T_T

When Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, or Smash Bros. all look and play wonderfully do you see Punished_Boss come running to celebrate with other fans by posting a fan topic? Nope.

This is an old topic friendo, he made this is a month ago.You're late to the party.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

skywake

SpookyMeths wrote:

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

This game was rushed for the holidays. It runs bad on all technology; PC, PS4, and Xbox One. People are giving this game bad reviews already on steam. Metacritic has a terrible score by users, while the 13 critics gave it a good score. Good ol' Metacritc, always contradicting itself.

Gaming journalism has gotten almost as bad as the major news networks on TV as well. Networks like Fox, MSNBC, and even CNN are little more than shills and mouthpieces for whatever big corporation or political party is paying their salaries. Major video game sites like IGN are no better.

To be fair the metacritic score isn't that crash hot. When the newest entry to a series that has gone above 90% in the past is sitting under 80% then something's clearly wrong.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

outburst

With EA giving free updates on SIMS, delaying BF Hardline, optimizing (BioWare)Dragon Age Inquisition to a console's full potential (plus it's a good game) unlike Ubisoft's Console Parity:

Untitled

outburst

CaviarMeths

Also to EA's credit, Origin is actually a pretty good platform and their customer service is top notch. I still don't like their publishing habits (or their content not made by Bioware, really), but they have made a visible effort to ditch the "Worst Company in America" moniker.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

SpookyMeths wrote:

Also to EA's credit, Origin is actually a pretty good platform

I'm still confused that this is now true but it apparently is.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

outburst

SpookyMeths wrote:

Also to EA's credit, Origin is actually a pretty good platform and their customer service is top notch. ........ , but they have made a visible effort to ditch the "Worst Company in America" moniker.

I agree, I've noticed it after E3 2014. Origin got better now the last time I check and they are offering some free old games (DA: Origins was the last free offer I think).

outburst

Trikeboy

Since it has come to light that AC Unity has micro (some mega) transactions, I'm happy I don't have to bother with it on my Wii U, or my PS4.

My youtube channel, currently doing a Lets Play of Pokemon Red, in COLOR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABijqFL-2_Y
3DS FC: 1805-2263-3156
Wii U name: Trikeboy

kkslider5552000

I guess people would feel cheated, because based on the other versions, if they tried to put it on Wii U they would risk causing the console to explode (especially since this wouldn't be a Need for Speed quality port )

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dave24

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I guess people would feel cheated, because based on the other versions, if they tried to put it on Wii U they would risk causing the console to explode (especially since this wouldn't be a Need for Speed quality port )

No worries, Bayonetta make Wii U sound like it's gonna explode any minute

I'm not interested in Unity anyway. It sounded uninteresting from the start. Rogue at least tries to bring something different to the table with the plot and it sounds more interesting too.
What I don't know or understand is why people are shocked that Unity is full of bugs. It's nothing new for the series.

Dave24

Punished_Boss_84

Looks like no one could handle Unity.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Punished_Boss_84

R_Champ wrote:

I would look harder.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Yoshi_Prime

That Metacritic score for Unity vs. the consumer score is basically the same as Mass Effect 3 was for awhile (the consumer scores for ME3 are trending up, though). When I see such disparate scores, I tend to believe that the truth is somewhere in between. So a 79 from critics (PS4), a 4.5 from users (even worse on XB1). It's probably somewhere in the 50s. I wouldn't call that "swell".

Yoshi_Prime

CM30

Nintendo just can't win can they?

If their consoles can run third party games, the console is written off as having the 'wrong audience' or being too 'kiddy'. If their consoles are weaker, then they either get useless ports of third party games or this type of logic in response.

I mean, I can sort of see why Ubisoft would say this, but I do sometimes just want game developers to just outright admit they don't like Nintendo very much and stop giving us the excuses.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.