Forums

Topic: Ubisoft not showing any Nintendo titles at this year's E3

Posts 121 to 140 of 140

electrolite77

unrandomsam wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

Spot on, he lack of third party support is depressing and this is a depression ail. A depressing coffin. U I Soft have made some good games for Wii U, there is literally no way (outside of fanboy imagined reality) them dropping support is good news.. Absolutely nothing good about this.

I see some good news, you guys wont be wasting your money on some mediocre games.

Oh I don't think having only Nintendo providing software for the Wii U means an existence free of mediocre games. Does it, Game and Wario?

Famitsu seems to think Game and Wario is quite good. (They took longer than normal to review it to make sure). I like Warioware so I think I will try it.

If as an example you just look for the 9/10 review scores for WIi U 3rd party games. There is only one by Ubisoft. (There is two by EA so it could be argued EA has provided more worthwhile support).

It could be argued, yes, but then it could also be argued that the world is flat.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

2Sang

Ubisoft is making a smart business move. It's not worth it to invest in the wii u. Nobody should be mad at them either since they showed support for wii u until all their games flopped due to poor pii u sales.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

electrolite77

2Sang wrote:

pii u.

Log off

Playstation ID - GJB77

CheapCheepBeach

Ryno wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

Spot on, he lack of third party support is depressing and this is a depression ail. A depressing coffin. U I Soft have made some good games for Wii U, there is literally no way (outside of fanboy imagined reality) them dropping support is good news.. Absolutely nothing good about this.

I see some good news, you guys wont be wasting your money on some mediocre games.

CheapCheepBeach

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter:

unrandomsam

electrolite77 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

Oh I don't think having only Nintendo providing software for the Wii U means an existence free of mediocre games. Does it, Game and Wario?

Famitsu seems to think Game and Wario is quite good. (They took longer than normal to review it to make sure). I like Warioware so I think I will try it.

If as an example you just look for the 9/10 review scores for WIi U 3rd party games. There is only one by Ubisoft. (There is two by EA so it could be argued EA has provided more worthwhile support).

It could be argued, yes, but then it could also be argued that the world is flat.

At least it probably works properly. Don't see why anybody who wanted Western games would want them on a NIntendo system. (They are the only traditional Japanese console maker left). Sony might superficially be called Japanese but in reality the West is what they care about most anyway.

(Don't think there is a single Ubisoft game that fulfils that basic requirement I have played in recent years. Maybe Rayman Origins but that was also one of the most dull games I have played recently).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Gamecubed

I think we're going to have a very interesting few years ahead of us as Wii U owners. What I find equally as interesting is when Nintendo's next console rolls around, will any of these third parties be willing to play ball, or will they stay away in fear of getting burned again?

Really, why should Ubisoft or any other developer be wasting money and resources on developing a Wii U version of their game if they aren't going to get any profit off of said version? They've probably lost money on every game they've put on the system. It's just business.

How you feel about Ubisoft's games is a completely different story. This is still one of the last large and loyal supporters saying "I'm done", and not showing any games at E3 that will be on Wii U is pretty tell-all. As if not launching the Wii U version of Watch Dogs with the other versions wasn't symbolic enough.

Gamecubed

LzWinky

Gamecubed wrote:

I think we're going to have a very interesting few years ahead of us as Wii U owners. What I find equally as interesting is when Nintendo's next console rolls around, will any of these third parties be willing to play ball, or will they stay away in fear of getting burned again?

Really, why should Ubisoft or any other developer be wasting money and resources on developing a Wii U version of their game if they aren't going to get any profit off of said version? They've probably lost money on every game they've put on the system. It's just business.

How you feel about Ubisoft's games is a completely different story. This is still one of the last large and loyal supporters saying "I'm done", and not showing any games at E3 that will be on Wii U is pretty tell-all. As if not launching the Wii U version of Watch Dogs with the other versions wasn't symbolic enough.

Third parties will be interested in money-makers regardless of their past. If Nintendo's next system is a huge hitter, then they will come back

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ScarletKnight41

This is not good news any way you look at it.

I speak for myself, but do believe there are more like me in the gaming community.

I grew up on Nintendo (and Sega). I love their franchises, I love to play an exceptionally crafted platformer some days. Just like I buy systems to play Zelda, and enjoy something that mixes it up like Wii Fit

But I also really enjoy games like Watch Dogs, Deus Ex HR, Dragon Age, Assasin's Creed, and Mass Effect. I like the stories and characters. Games that are a bit heavier. I personally love both depending on the day.

Unfortunately the Wii U is making me choose. Could I buy a PS4 or make a PC for those (and Uncharted in the case of the PS4)? Sure. But thats a big expense. Nintendo could prevent that buy making themselves more appealing to Ubisoft and EA and give us the best of both worlds.

One serious design flaw that I believe holds back the Wii U in this regard is the lack of HDD.

ScarletKnight41

kkslider5552000

Even though I'm not super excited about MORE ASSASSIN'S CREED and Far Cry pre-DLC and the online focused games or whatever, I am still sad that interesting World War 1 (I believe) game might not be coming and I'm sad about Rayman and WHERE IS BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2?

tbh any valid criticism of Ubisoft will be gone if they release Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

electrolite77

ScarletKnight41 wrote:

I speak for myself, but do believe there are more like me in the gaming community.

I grew up on Nintendo (and Sega). I love their franchises, I love to play an exceptionally crafted platformer some days. Just like I buy systems to play Zelda, and enjoy something that mixes it up like Wii Fit

But I also really enjoy games like Watch Dogs, Deus Ex HR, Dragon Age, Assasin's Creed, and Mass Effect. I like the stories and characters. Games that are a bit heavier. I personally love both depending on the day.

Unfortunately the Wii U is making me choose. Could I buy a PS4 or make a PC for those (and Uncharted in the case of the PS4)? Sure. But thats a big expense. Nintendo could prevent that buy making themselves more appealing to Ubisoft and EA and give us the best of both worlds.

One serious design flaw that I believe holds back the Wii U in this regard is the lack of HDD.

Right there with you. It's a crying shame Nintendo can't get/deliberately avoid better support. If there was a console with Nintendo games plus GTA, Dark Souls, a decent selection of sports games etc. I wouldn't buy another console. All my money would go on games for the Nintendo machine.

Playstation ID - GJB77

Hy8ogen

electrolite77 wrote:

ScarletKnight41 wrote:

Right there with you. It's a crying shame Nintendo can't get/deliberately avoid better support. If there was a console with Nintendo games plus GTA, Dark Souls, a decent selection of sports games etc. I wouldn't buy another console. All my money would go on games for the Nintendo machine.

THAT. Sometimes I feel like Nintendo just don't give a damn about 3rd parties. Arrogance?

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Ryno

I blame Nintendo customers, not really Nintendo for the lack of 3rd parties. If the Nintendo customers actually supported 3rd parties on the Wii U they would produce more games for it.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

kkslider5552000

Ryno wrote:

I blame Nintendo customers, not really Nintendo for the lack of 3rd parties. If the Nintendo customers actually supported 3rd parties on the Wii U they would produce more games for it.

QFT.

I've said this a number of times already, but I saw countless pages of proof that hardcore gamers with a Wii DELIBERATELY ignored the type of hardcore games they wanted just because they weren't 1st party and I don't think I can ever forgive how pathetic those gamers constantly acted.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

iKhan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

QFT.

I've said this a number of times already, but I saw countless pages of proof that hardcore gamers with a Wii DELIBERATELY ignored the type of hardcore games they wanted just because they weren't 1st party and I don't think I can ever forgive how pathetic those gamers constantly acted.

I'd like to see that proof. This theory makes very little sense to me. Why would someone just pass up a game just because its 3rd party? And why does every exception involve cartoony child-friendly games?

If you ask me, Nintendo's exclusive base just contains more children than other exclusive bases (as in people who only own one console per gen). The adults in Nintendo's exclusive base buy 3rd Party games, but other adults who own a Nintendo system and a Sony system buy 3rd Party multiplats on other systems.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Dreamz

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

QFT.

Most so-called 'hardcore' gamers I know have multiple systems. So they buy only the Nintendo exclusives for the Nintendo, and they buy the multi-plats for whichever system is most powerful at the time. Same cake, slightly different ingredients.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

kkslider5552000

Dreamz wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

QFT.

Most so-called 'hardcore' gamers I know have multiple systems. So they buy only the Nintendo exclusives for the Nintendo, and they buy the multi-plats for whichever system is most powerful at the time. Same cake, slightly different ingredients.

this even included Wii exclusives so nope

cookiex

Madworld's commercial failure makes me a sad panda.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

shingi_70

Going by the sales of The Wonderful 101 Nintendo fans don't even buy Nintendo games anymore.

Also for the record it being a new IP isn't an excuse when Watch Dogs and Ryse does well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.