Posts 101 to 120 of 140

Sjoerd

I hope you'll go with them.

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

Ralizah

unrandomsam wrote:

I am extremely pleased this has happened. Ubisoft were a poison on the Wii U it is great they are finally gone

Yeah, no. Their support for the Wii U in terms of quality was second only to Nintendo's own contributions. Ubisoft WAS Wii U third-party software, to be frank. This doesn't spoil me on the system at all, because I bought the Wii U for Nintendo games and certain Japanese titles, and have a pretty powerful PC for Western third-party releases, but it is very bad news for Nintendo AND its gamers.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

DualWielding

@unrandomsam are you a millionaire or something...... I can't afford to buy games at $60.00 a piece and I don't even have family obligations.... I am glad that now if you wait a few months for a sale can get most (non-Nintendo games) for $15.00 or less (it was definately not like this back in say the SNES era).... specially PSN has awesome sales which with the extra discount PS+ members get as close to steam-like prices as you are going to get in consoles (and this is for all games including Sony first party not only Ubisoft)..... In fact one of my main problems with Nintendo is that they never drop the prices of their games..... so I really wonder how someone can be mad at a company for offering their games at reasonable prices so the regular consumer can buy them after they've exploited the hardcore who buy things at launch

PSN: Fertheseeker

Gamer83

CaviarMeths wrote:

Some people just don't like Ubisoft's games, guys. That's OK.

The loss of a major third party publisher will always be a big hit though. Like their games or not, this is bad news for Nintendo. Nintendo can't support a console on their own, not even if all of their games were game of the generation contenders.

It's fine to not like their games, to flat out say the company makes bad games is an asinine statement though. I'm not a fan of FF VII, doesn't mean it was a bad game, I've just never cared much for RPGs. Saying Ubisoft makes bad games and would not be a loss for the Wii U when it is the only company actually supporting the system decently beside Nintendo itself is a moronic statement.

Gamer83

Gamer83

MAN1AC wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

I'm only interested in E3 because of what Nintendo will be saying and showing. I'm not interested in a company that has developed 2 good games in 5 years time.

The Ubisoft hate here at Nintendo Life is beyond ridiculous. Since 2011... Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell: Black List, Assassin's Creed IV, Far Cry 3, Trials Evolution and Child of Light have been released and all of them are good games, some even great. It's also possible two more good ones are coming this year in Watch Dogs and Far Cry 4. We'll find out about WD in a few days. FC could get pushed to 2015, if it doesn't there's a strong chance it'll be one of the better games of 2014.

I really dont understand it either. Ubisoft has improved A LOT over the last few years. I guess people are still upset about the Rayman Legends situation?

This is a cycle though. First it was EA, then Square after their FFXV comments, and pretty much every publisher has been ridiculed and spoken upon negatively when they dont put games on Nintendo's hardware as if its some personal thing. Its sad how many Nintendo supporters refuse to buy these games then ridicule the companies as if they actually played their software. Its so weird.

I think Ubisoft has been a pretty good developer even going back to the PS2/GC/Xbox days. the Splinter Cell games were great. Last Gen one of the best early Xbox 360 games was Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter. I'd put Assassin's Creed 2 in the top 15 of last gen as well. Another more recent game I forget to mention but was great is Ghost Recon Future Soldier. But, this is Nintendo Life and we're discussing a third party so I guess the hate shouldn't be that surprising.

Gamer83

sub12

Gamer83 wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

I'm only interested in E3 because of what Nintendo will be saying and showing. I'm not interested in a company that has developed 2 good games in 5 years time.

The Ubisoft hate here at Nintendo Life is beyond ridiculous. Since 2011... Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell: Black List, Assassin's Creed IV, Far Cry 3, Trials Evolution and Child of Light have been released and all of them are good games, some even great. It's also possible two more good ones are coming this year in Watch Dogs and Far Cry 4. We'll find out about WD in a few days. FC could get pushed to 2015, if it doesn't there's a strong chance it'll be one of the better games of 2014.

I really dont understand it either. Ubisoft has improved A LOT over the last few years. I guess people are still upset about the Rayman Legends situation?

This is a cycle though. First it was EA, then Square after their FFXV comments, and pretty much every publisher has been ridiculed and spoken upon negatively when they dont put games on Nintendo's hardware as if its some personal thing. Its sad how many Nintendo supporters refuse to buy these games then ridicule the companies as if they actually played their software. Its so weird.

I think Ubisoft has been a pretty good developer even going back to the PS2/GC/Xbox days. the Splinter Cell games were great. Last Gen one of the best early Xbox 360 games was Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter. I'd put Assassin's Creed 2 in the top 15 of last gen as well. Another more recent game I forget to mention but was great is Ghost Recon Future Soldier. But, this is Nintendo Life and we're discussing a third party so I guess the hate shouldn't be that surprising.

Forgot Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil as well, woot woot! Ubi has been pretty solid since the early 2000s, the French know how to make games.

sub12

unrandomsam

The Ubisoft games I didn't mind were the original Dreamcast - Rayman 2 / Star Wars Episode 3 - DS / South Park.

Square Enix even in the Ubisoft style just makes better games. (The Eidos part of it).

At least what EA did seems to be pretty decent quality.

Anyway the Wii U will still get Just Dance be positive.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

bubble_bear

The quality of Ubisoft's games is a debate that can rage on forever, but the fact that Ubi is not showing anything at all for the Wii U at E3 is symbolically pretty heavy. It's the equivalence of the last sailor jumping off the ship, leaving only the captain and a few cabin boys to traverse the rest of the journey. Unfortunately the ship just left port, and we have a long journey ahead of us. It will be an interesting next few years for Wii U owners.

bubble_bear

Hy8ogen

gage_wolf wrote:

The quality of Ubisoft's games is a debate that can rage on forever, but the fact that Ubi is not showing anything at all for the Wii U at E3 is symbolically pretty heavy. It's the equivalence of the last sailor jumping off the ship, leaving only the captain and a few cabin boys to traverse the rest of the journey. Unfortunately the ship just left port, and we have a long journey ahead of us. It will be an interesting next few years for Wii U owners.

OR the sailor would kayak their way back on the ship after they realized the land wasn't so much fun afterall.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

electrolite77

Ralizah wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

I am extremely pleased this has happened. Ubisoft were a poison on the Wii U it is great they are finally gone

Yeah, no. Their support for the Wii U in terms of quality was second only to Nintendo's own contributions. Ubisoft WAS Wii U third-party software, to be frank. This doesn't spoil me on the system at all, because I bought the Wii U for Nintendo games and certain Japanese titles, and have a pretty powerful PC for Western third-party releases, but it is very bad news for Nintendo AND its gamers.

Spot on, he lack of third party support is depressing and this is a depression ail. A depressing coffin. U I Soft have made some good games for Wii U, there is literally no way (outside of fanboy imagined reality) them dropping support is good news.. Absolutely nothing good about this.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Dreamz

electrolite77 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Spot on, he lack of third party support is depressing and this is a depression ail. A depressing coffin. U I Soft have made some good games for Wii U, there is literally no way (outside of fanboy imagined reality) them dropping support is good news.. Absolutely nothing good about this.

Not to mention, some of us really enjoy Ubisoft's games. My two favorite games on the system so far were both made by Ubisoft Montreal (ZombiU and Child of Light).

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

unrandomsam

What is the uplay situation with the Wii U ? (Do they spam you to login every time you start the game if you choose not to ?).

Ryno

electrolite77 wrote:

I see some good news, you guys wont be wasting your money on some mediocre games.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

kkslider5552000

Ryno wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

I see some good news, you guys wont be wasting your money on some mediocre games.

Pokemon Rumble U

that is all

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DefHalan

unrandomsam wrote:

What is the uplay situation with the Wii U ? (Do they spam you to login every time you start the game if you choose not to ?).

I don't notice a lohin when I start up Ubisoft games, but I have a Uplay account

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Ryno

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Pokemon Rumble U

that is all

Haha... Sure, I will lump that one in there too with the mediocre Ubi games!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

electrolite77

Ryno wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

Oh I don't think having only Nintendo providing software for the Wii U means an existence free of mediocre games. Does it, Game and Wario?

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

unrandomsam

electrolite77 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

Oh I don't think having only Nintendo providing software for the Wii U means an existence free of mediocre games. Does it, Game and Wario?

Famitsu seems to think Game and Wario is quite good. (They took longer than normal to review it to make sure). I like Warioware so I think I will try it.

If as an example you just look for the 9/10 review scores for WIi U 3rd party games. There is only one by Ubisoft. (There is two by EA so it could be argued EA has provided more worthwhile support).

faint

unrandomsam wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

i dug game and wario...however.... you need someone to play with if you want to enjoy half of it.

Famitsu seems to think Game and Wario is quite good. (They took longer than normal to review it to make sure). I like Warioware so I think I will try it.

If as an example you just look for the 9/10 review scores for WIi U 3rd party games. There is only one by Ubisoft. (There is two by EA so it could be argued EA has provided more worthwhile support).

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

CanisWolfred

Game & Wario really wasn't that good. It's stuck in a quasi-zone where the games require too much for pick up and play appeal, while also lacking the depth required to make it appeal to the hardcore, so in the end it appeals to nobody...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.